Any September filers?

Is the adjudication of form I-131 (Advance Parole) dependent on the I-485?

Does the I-131 require a name, background and fingerprint check?

:confused:

I think Service Request helped in my case because the day after I filed the SR they mailed out a SR reply saying they had just entered my info in the FP system waiting to be scheduled an appointment.
Then the day after that, since my info is waiting in line for FP scheduling, the ASC SJ scheduled my FP and mailed out the notice right away.

The key is to have them enter your info to the biometrics system so so the SJ ASC computer is triggered to schedule your appointment.

So, did SJ ASC send the FP letter or it was from Lee Summit?

Also, I-131 is based on I-485 and it only requires IBIS check -- no name or FP check. Check out some old posts in this forum.

List of background checks

Summary of Background Checks Required for Selected Benefit
Applications:

Form: I-485;
Application type/purpose(s): Adjustment of status;
IBIS check: Yes;
FBI fingerprint check: Yes;
FBI name check: Yes.

Form: I-130;
Application type/purpose(s): Petition for alien relative;
FBI fingerprint check: No;
FBI name check: No.

Form: I-131;
Application type/purpose(s): Advance parole;

Form: I-751;
Application type/purpose(s): Removal of conditional status;

Form: I-765;
Application type/purpose(s): Employment authorization document;

Summary of Background Checks Required for Selected Benefit
Applications:

Form: I-485;
Application type/purpose(s): Adjustment of status;
FBI fingerprint check: Yes;
FBI name check: Yes.

Form: I-130;
Application type/purpose(s): Petition for alien relative;

Form: I-131;
Application type/purpose(s): Advance parole;

Form: I-751;
Application type/purpose(s): Removal of conditional status;

Form: I-765;
Application type/purpose(s): Employment authorization document;

thanks omorpheus.

according to your list, the ead does not require fingerprint or name checks.

it is my understanding that the ead DOES require fingerprint and name checks.

Let me know when you get your EAD. Looks like there is no column for EAD approval/ordered.

will do omorpheus...we've been checking our mail everyday for the ead card.

does anyone know if an I-20 extension is required if his adjustment of status is pending with the government?

he's still on the f-1 visa and his I-20 expires 12.15.07 along with his current OPT (which by the way was also approved without FP before we were married).

any advise would be great...i've spend hours looking on the USCIS website for information regarding this with no luck.

I went for INFOPASS today and man the IO was so rude. He snubbed 2 people who went ahead of me -- to one he even said that it may take them 6 months to 6 years to get GC as the poor woman's name had not cleared Name Check.

When we mentioned our problem, he shouted that there is nothing I can do. I will email them and let you know. We said that office Phong had said same thing last week. He said that he will never call anyone or tell anyone that he will call. But after we requested couple of times, he sent us to that old officer who again said that people don't pick their phones. I said, we never got a call, so he said that others don't pick phone -- didn't know how it was related to our application.

But anyways, he showed that he emailed them and got a response back that they will schedule one in next 30 - 90 days. :( So, even if your application is all clear, the processing delays can move your physical EAD card and no one is answerable to anyone.:mad:

So, waiting for FP begins. I was told to come back in 30 days if nothing happens.

Can we file a complaint of that rude officer who was shouting at everyone. I wish no one goes to him for anything.

geez...people like that should definitely NOT be working with people. if he hates his job or gets frustrated, he should find another career and not take it out on innocent people just trying to get information on their cases!!

i hate rude people. :mad: i'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.

Hello All,
A good news :cool: Guess what? We received my wife's EAD today:D. our count down for interview starts now. Way to go hurrayyyyyyy.... I wish you all the best.

Thanks

thanks omorpheus.

according to your list, the ead does not require fingerprint or name checks.

it is my understanding that the ead DOES require fingerprint and name checks.

EAD does not require FP Check and Name Check. It only requires FP to be put on card. Typically, the FP checks are done in matter of hours, so you can say FP Check also required.

In N-400, in CA, they don't send Interview letters till Name check is pending. I don't know if they extended that for I-485 or not? Other states I am not aware of.

justindian_03, when you went for INFOPASS, did they say that they schedule an interview not NBC? Will they honor Interview letter from NBC?

I think I know who that IO is. When I had my INFOPASS appointments in SJ office for my N-400 application, I saw one IO was very rude and made the applicants very uncomfortable. Fortunately I was not assigned to him. Based on my limited experences, I found when my appointment was early enough, he was not there. But really not sure how they rotate to come early like 7:30 or after 8:00 am.

geez...people like that should definitely NOT be working with people. if he hates his job or gets frustrated, he should find another career and not take it out on innocent people just trying to get information on their cases!!

i hate rude people. :mad: i'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

Today I saw on the USCIS website LUD for I-765: EAD card ordered 11/7. Hope it arrives fast:)

congrats everyone who are getting their EADs. :) Please remember to update the spreadsheet once you get the card in hand ...

Update

mailed 9/14/2007
RD 9/15/2007
ND 10/4/2007
AP expedited and approved 10/20/2007
FP ND 11/5/2007
FP rescheduled for April 2008 as traveling abroad using AP.

No update on I-130
ASC would not take FP before the appointment date and hence had to reschedule it.

Anybody on this thread from Atlanta, GA??? please let me know your timeline.. I am little worried... NO UPDATE on my EAD... I called CS.. no luck... they said wait until normal timeframe expires... If someone from Atlanta, GA know approx. time frame to get EAD, please let me know.. I will highly appreciate..

Thanks and congrats to all who already got their EAD... Hope everything goes smoothly...

Anybody on this thread from Atlanta, GA??? please let me know your timeline.. I am little worried... NO UPDATE on my EAD... I called CS.. no luck... they said wait until normal timeframe expires... If someone from Atlanta, GA know approx. time frame to get EAD, please let me know.. I will highly appreciate..

Thanks and congrats to all who already got their EAD... Hope everything goes smoothly...

Based on your signature, I was curious to find out why u waited for 10 years to file your GC? You married in 1996 and filed in 2007? Also, you waited for fee of I-485 to go from $355 to $1010. Any reason?

Don't worry, you will have your EAD soon. Maybe its just matter of 1-2 weeks when your 11 weeks will be over and then you can expedite (if you still don't have it) .... Good luck ...

Based on your signature, I was curious to find out why u waited for 10 years to file your GC? You married in 1996 and filed in 2007? Also, you waited for fee of I-485 to go from $355 to $1010. Any reason?

Don't worry, you will have your EAD soon. Maybe its just matter of 1-2 weeks when your 11 weeks will be over and then you can expedite (if you still don't have it) .... Good luck ...

Thanks Omorpheus:
Actually it is a long story behind that.. but I will leave it like that.. I was waiting for my wife to become citizen, then to apply for me.. but my wife's citizenship took over 3 years [Oath took place 2 years after the Interview, for NC] , and finally we had to seek help through lawyer and she got her citizenship July 2007. Otherwise I would've gotten it long time back.. anyway..

Also in 2003 I applied for GC through my H-1b [4 yrs ago], but that slipped.. did not get it finally...

However, this time I applied before the fee increase.... but stupid lawyer did not give my wife's citizenship's copy.. so application got rejected.. then finally I had to reapplly again.. now here I am fighting with my luck..

If I tell you everything, it would take 10 pages.. but I will not.. it is over.. so nothing we can do about it.. just pray for me so everything goes okay this time.. :)

Thanks Omorpheus:
Actually it is a long story behind that.. but I will leave it like that.. I was waiting for my wife to become citizen, then to apply for me.. but my wife's citizenship took over 3 years, and finally we had to seek help through lawyer and she got her citizenship last July 2007...

One time I applied through my H-1 back in 2003 (4 years ago).. but that slipped.. did not get it finally...

However, this time I applied before the fee increase.... but stupid lawyer did not give my wife's citizenship's copy.. so application got rejected.. reapplied again.. now here I am fighting with my luck.. :eek:

If I tell you everything, it would take 10 pages.. but I will not.. it is over.. so nothing we can do about it.. just pray for me so everything goes okay this time.. :)

Sorry about that. But I pray we all hear something about EAD or IL this weekend. So just keep your head up and keep the faith. We will all be ok.

Just be patient:)trust me its hard to do but try. Just use this time to gather all the info omorpheus posted. That will put you in a positive mindset.
Thats my advice:D

Sorry about that. But I pray we all hear something about EAD or IL this weekend. So just keep your head up and keep the faith. We will all be ok.

Just be patient:)trust me its hard to do but try. Just use this time to gather all the info omorpheus posted. That will put you in a positive mindset.
Thats my advice:D

Hey Golden03, thanks for your concern.. Yes I will keep my hope up and with the help of Almighty, we all should be passing this test...

Any idea why is my process so slow :).

10/17/2007 Checks cashed
10/20/2007 Notice of Action Received
11/08/2007 FP NOA