Any recent LUD on xferred cases ?

Well, in my case, letter to FL did help clear the NC.

I dont think you can say that with certainty.

My NC was submitted in July 2005 (5 months after yours) and it got cleared in the last week of March (as per TSC officer), about a week before yours.

I didnt send anything to the FL.

There have been others whose NC got cleared within 6 months, some after sending letters to FL (as with Antonoia) and several others without having sent any letters to the FL.

Then there are also those who have waited 2+ years and more than 6 - 12 months after submitting queries through FL etc etc.

I am certain that beyond a courtesy reply stating that one's case is in process, pending or finalized the request does little. The only good that comes out of this process is that they actually let you know the status of the NC. They dont expedite it because it came from FL. Also, the message gets verbose and ambiguous if there was little or no progress. If their files show progress then the message is slightly better. It's not like everybody who sent their queries via FL promptly got very positive messages.

Given that this path has already been beaten down by a few thousand applicants, this only creates an additional bottleneck if FBI were to entertain these seriously.

any lud changes on vsc ---tsc transferred cases- POST HERE

No lud's on me and spouse after fp2(code 1)--- (last lud's show 3/15/07) transfer NOTICE date 3/2/07)

Daughter case also transferred 3/02/07) FP1 CODE 3 05/03/07) ---LUD ( 05/08/07- NO MESSAGE CHANGE)

PD NOV 2002
EB3 -INDIA
FP2--- 05/03/2007
LAST LUD 03/15/07
NO CHANGE IN LUD'S AFTER TRANSFER AND fp2

No lud's on me and spouse after fp2(code 1)--- (last lud's show 3/15/07) transfer NOTICE date 3/2/07)

Daughter case also transferred 3/02/07) FP1 CODE 3 05/03/07) ---LUD ( 05/08/07- NO MESSAGE CHANGE)

PD NOV 2002
EB3 -INDIA
FP2--- 05/03/2007
LAST LUD 03/15/07
NO CHANGE IN LUD'S AFTER TRANSFER AND fp2

NO LUD Changes for me so far....

Update

I received a call from USCIS- Washington D.C. office about my case. I think, it is all because I wrote letter to Mrs. Laura Bush.

He asked for my I-140 receipt no. and that was it. WHY I-140 RECEIPT NO? ANY IDEA?

I also called TSC in the morning. And the lady CSR told me that my case is preadjudicated and is not on shelf. They are awaiting FBI clearance. and God knows when that will be.

So, guys, if you write a letter to FL, it works.

Two more LUD's:
6/6 and 6/7

RunninSloth, this is wicked cool. Perhaps they're ramping up for either an approval or a second FP notice. In either case, its good to know that your case, which is pretty close to mine in terms of RD and transfer date is being looked at. With the TSC going gangbusters with 2004 and today 2005 RD AOS applications, it begs the question when they'd get around to the 2006s, especially transferees like us.

I received a call from USCIS- Washington D.C. office about my case. I think, it is all because I wrote letter to Mrs. Laura Bush.

He asked for my I-140 receipt no. and that was it. WHY I-140 RECEIPT NO? ANY IDEA?

I also called TSC in the morning. And the lady CSR told me that my case is preadjudicated and is not on shelf. They are awaiting FBI clearance. and God knows when that will be.

So, guys, if you write a letter to FL, it works.

Akbari, I haven't yet seen an instance where anyone got a phone call from the USCIS upon sending a letter to the First Lady's office. This is the first I've heard of it, and its definitely intriguing. Maybe they're looking to verify that your 140 was approved???

KS_cc:

I hope your case starts moving...in a positive direction...and soon.

I must add: I did write to FL on April 20th. I hazard a guess that this movement may well be related to that.
As you may know that last I checked I was still stuck in NC. It may still be stuck in NC. To clarify that I have scheduled an INFOPASS apt on 12th June. I will let you know what I learn.

KS_cc:

I hope your case starts moving...in a positive direction...and soon.

I must add: I did write to FL on April 20th. I hazard a guess that this movement may well be related to that.
As you may know that last I checked I was still stuck in NC. It may still be stuck in NC. To clarify that I have scheduled an INFOPASS apt on 12th June. I will let you know what I learn.

Thanks and likewise. Although, given your LUDs, I have a sneaking suspicion that you are closer to the end zone. Its been only a little bit since you wrote to the First Lady, it takes about three months, so this might be indicative that your name check may have gotten cleared by itself recently and the results were sent back to USCIS which in turn spurred the case into some activity, thereby the LUDs. Again, just pure speculation on my part, since my name check results were sent to the USCIS on May 22, and I haven't seen squat for activity on the 485s.

Akbari,

Can you please let me know the address & letter format to send the letter to FL?

Thanks.
- Hardik

Here it is - Hardik

Akbari,

Can you please let me know the address & letter format to send the letter to FL?

Thanks.
- Hardik

you can find the letter I wrote to the FL on this thread itself.. I think 2-3 pages back. Good luck.

First Lady Mrs. Laura Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Phone Numbers
Comments: 202-456-1111
Switchboard: 202-456-1414
FAX: 202-456-2461

ks_cc/Akbari

I think there was one another case where USCIS person called and took the I-140 reciept number. I am not sure which thread it is.

As ks_cc said, U should expect the decision pretty sooon. Unless they are putting ur case under extended review. I am not sure about this extended review. But few people said on the forum.

Thanks..

I think there was one another case where USCIS person called and took the I-140 reciept number. I am not sure which thread it is.

As ks_cc said, U should expect the decision pretty sooon. Unless they are putting ur case under extended review. I am not sure about this extended review. But few people said on the forum.

I will win the oscar for patience for sure.. What do you think ?

My journey began on July 20, 1988..:(

Hi gls,

Did officer stamped you passport?. Our case got approved in local office on 06/15/2007 and officer told us that we will receive our card in mail in 6 to 8 weeks. Officer didn't gave any approval notice to us but we got the stamping in passport(they no longer stamp the passport unless it's emergency) becasue we had travel plans and we may have to go out of country in next 2/3 weeks.

Hello akayal1973, noshs, madgu-gc2005, waiting-I485 -

Thank you very much.

1) Yes. we (self and spouse) did our 2nd FP in August 2006.
2) Both our I-485 got approved in local INS office (Fairfax, VA) so there is no email from CRIS about my approval. Got my I-485 approval notice (temporary approval notice) in person from an adjudication officer.
3) After our I-485 transferred to TSC on April 26, 2007 got our I-485 permanent approval notice on May 10, 2007.
4) Dont know yet when we will be receiving our card??? Hopefully soon.

My Case Details
----------------
EB3 - India
PD: April 27, 2001
Labor Approved: September, 2002
I-140 Approved: May 07, 2003
Self: 5 EADs, 1 AP
Spouse: 4 EADs, 3 APs
1st FP Both: December 2004
2nd FP Both: August 2006
I-485 RD/ND: October 24, 2002
I-485 Transferred to Fairfax, VA for both: July 11, 2006