Any October 2010 filers yet?

Congrats hopeful and djhash!!! I'm extremely happy for you, isn't it awesome to finally be free again?! :)

Also, sending all the luck in the world to everyone with an upcoming interview! claudiahel and Annina, let us know how it went tomorrow! Thinking of you =)

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update, then I'll post all the details later on today. The interview went as nice and smooth as possible and in 10 min I got approved!!!! My GC should arrive in 7-10 days.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

10-13-2010 Sent to USCIS Chicago forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, and I-693
10-14-2010 Delivered to USCIS Chicago (Received date on NOAs)
10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-01-2010 Received in the mail 3xNOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11-05-2010 Received appointment for biometrics (11/19)
11-15-2010 LUD I-485
11-19-2010 Biometrics done (appt)
11-19-2010 LUD I-130 and I-765
12-06-2010 Got IL for 01-06-11
12-22-2010 EAD approved and card production
12-30-2010 EAD received
01-06-2011 GC APPROVED!!! :)

For 'certified copy of your marriage document', do I need to copy the original marriage certificate and then certify it from a notary or just a copy will do? Btw, I just have one thing, not a separate license and certificate as I was married in India. Is that an issue?

I just got out of my interview. They gave me a piece of paper that says "your application has been recommended for approval" and she did not take my I-94. I don't know what to think. =/

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update, then I'll post all the details later on today. The interview went as nice and smooth as possible and in 10 min I got approved!!!! My GC should arrive in 7-10 days.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-15-2010 LUD I-485
12-30-2010 EAD received

CONGRATS ANNINA......so you r done too. relax and enjoy.......

I just got out of my interview. They gave me a piece of paper that says "your application has been recommended for approval" and she did not take my I-94. I don't know what to think. =/

they might forget it. seems like they have no objection,they will contact you and ask to submit I94 but i guess you are approved. don't worry you will get it and wait may be you will get email for card production later today.

OK, now that I have a little more time to write, here is how it went this morning:

My appointment was at 8.15AM and my husband and I arrived there at 8.00AM. we passed through the security and went to the main reception where they signed us in and sent us upstair to the lobby where the offices are.
We signed in again there and 5 minutes later we were called in.
The IO was a pleasant guy ~35-40yo who brought us to his office, introduced himself, asked for an ID, swore us in, and then made us sit to begin the interview.
He asked how we met and my husband told him, then he asked me a few basic question about my self (DOB, SSN, address....) and just asked my husband if he was still holding his position at work as stated in the application.
Then he asked us if we have any kid and I said "well, the first one is on his way" and he looked at my 7-months pregnant belly, smiled, asked me for my due date, asked a few questions from the "no" section of the I-485 and then said he would approve my GC and it will be in the mail in 7-10 days. Asked us if we were familiar with the conditional limitation for the green card as we are married since less than 2 years and we said yes.
The he asked if we had any question for him so I asked if he needed to see all the proofs we brought (I had a very heavy bag of pictures, documents, ecc) and he said no (guess the kiddo was a proof good enough for him).
I asked him if he needed to take my I-94 and he said "oh yes! thanks!" (So Claudia don't worry, they probably just forgot with you like he was about to do with me).
I asked him if they weren't putting anymore the stamp on the passport and he said they do it just if someone needs to leave the country in the next few days or so b/c if not now the GC arrives very fast and there is no need for it.
After this he wished us a good day and then we left. All in all it took less than 10min
And this is the story of my very happy morning.....havent' stop smiling since :)
Good luck to everyone still waiting for the interview and I'll be around for a little while in case anyone has questions. It has been really nice to go thorugh this experience with you all!!!!!

10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-15-2010 LUD I-485
12-30-2010 EAD received

So this is what happened guys:

My appt was at 10 am and they called me around 10:50 am. I went with my husband, my two kids and my lawyer.
The first question was if we have any kids together and we said yes and she asked for her birth certificate which it doesn't have my name on it for reasons I don't wanna discuss. I could tell the birth certificate was a big deal. Then next question was how we met and my husband answer. After that she asked my husband for our address and my birthday and that was pretty much all. She gave me the document saying she recommended the approval and around 1:30pm I got an email saying the card was ordered! Now the I130 is on initial review. Is that normal? Can eithe one of the people that already got approved tell me if your is approved?

Thx!!

Aninna I'm super happy for you! Did your I130 got approved too?

My I130 is still in "Initial review" but they guy said we would receive 2 notification letters, one for the I130 and one for the I485. I got a text for "card production" for the I485 but I have to say the text system worked randomly for me, sometimes I had updates on-line sometimes I didn't even though I recived letters at home....

Anyway, seems like you're all set and green-carded ;) congratulations!!!!!

Congrats Annina and claudiahel, I'm super happy for you!!! And concerning the I-130, even after I got the 2 approval notices in the mail it still said "initial review" online, so don't worry about it :)

Ok, thx everyone!!! I feel so happy, after 8 years I am finally someone in this country!!!!! Good luck everyone! Mimi I'll be checking on you, no doubt!!!

So this is what happened guys:

My appt was at 10 am and they called me around 10:50 am. I went with my husband, my two kids and my lawyer.
The first question was if we have any kids together and we said yes and she asked for her birth certificate which it doesn't have my name on it for reasons I don't wanna discuss. I could tell the birth certificate was a big deal. Then next question was how we met and my husband answer. After that she asked my husband for our address and my birthday and that was pretty much all. She gave me the document saying she recommended the approval and around 1:30pm I got an email saying the card was ordered! Now the I130 is on initial review. Is that normal? Can eithe one of the people that already got approved tell me if your is approved?

Thx!!

Congrats Claudia so happy for you!!!! Dont worry, my I-130 has been approved since August and it is still on initial review, I doubt it will ever change!! Your kids are the greatest evidence of your marriage so dont stress it too much and you got the approval mail so you are now a permanent resident!!!!

Wish me luck on Monday!!!! Dusting myself with fairy dust...he he he

Congrats claudiahel and annina!!

I just checked my online cases, and my I485 is on card production, the i130 is on initial review, and i765 is "post decision activity" even though I already have the card.

So I'm not sure if the system is slow, or if there is any internal processing that needs to be done prior to updating the system.

Well... Good luck to upcoming interviews, magic fairy dust for everyone.

My I130 is still in "Initial review" but they guy said we would receive 2 notification letters, one for the I130 and one for the I485. I got a text for "card production" for the I485 but I have to say the text system worked randomly for me, sometimes I had updates on-line sometimes I didn't even though I recived letters at home....

Anyway, seems like you're all set and green-carded ;) congratulations!!!!!

Congrats Annina!!! USCIS and their online system seems to be working in two different timezones so dont worry about the status updates....Just be happy when you physically receive something from them!!!!
CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!

Congratulations Claudia and Aninna! The journey is over for you yay!!

Djhash the e-mail notification thing is so crazy. I've gotten the card production e-mail twice and then it went back to post-decision activity "we have mailed you a letter" yesterday. Well my dad received his welcome letter on Monday and I received mine today, so I'm not sure what's going on...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone i have been a silent follower of this forum. There is great stuff happening here. People supporting one another. That is very rare but really nice. I am also an october filler and my interview is 02/04/2011. Everything have gone fine thus far i have faith that the interview will go likewise. I will keep you guys posted on my timeline. Goodluck guys and Gods Grace to u all.