Any November filers?

So I called the USCIS today and asked about the system saying my receipt number was invalid. The lady told be she couldn't handle it and sent it someone above her. The lady above her asked me some questions and verified that my receipt number was indeed correct. So I asked why was the system saying it was invalid? The lady said that's how it is at times and she doesn't know why but everything is ok. She said if I needed to check my status I can always call back. Isn't this a bunch of...?

Has any of you guys heard of this before?

Basically she could see my status but no one below her.

NOA Receipts arrived too for all the applications I130/I485/I131 :D
Now my parents can stay legally regardless the processing time.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI everyone, just received my FP appointment letter today. scheduled for 12/20/07, it came sooner that i thought.
DO : NEW YORK CITY
11/12/07 : AOS based on marriage to a USC package sent through my lawyer to chicago lockbox.
12/03/07 : NOA received for I-485/I-130/I-765.
RD : November 20, 2007
ND : November 28, 2007
12/04/07 : FP notice
12/20/07 : FP appointment

So I called the USCIS today and asked about the system saying my receipt number was invalid. The lady told be she couldn't handle it and sent it someone above her. The lady above her asked me some questions and verified that my receipt number was indeed correct. So I asked why was the system saying it was invalid? The lady said that's how it is at times and she doesn't know why but everything is ok. She said if I needed to check my status I can always call back. Isn't this a bunch of...?

Has any of you guys heard of this before?

Basically she could see my status but no one below her.

Sorry about that. Hope you can check your case on web soon.

HI everyone, just received my FP appointment letter today. scheduled for 12/20/07, it came sooner that i thought.
DO : NEW YORK CITY
11/12/07 : AOS based on marriage to a USC package sent through my lawyer to chicago lockbox.
12/03/07 : NOA received for I-485/I-130/I-765.
RD : November 20, 2007
ND : November 28, 2007
12/04/07 : FP notice
12/20/07 : FP appointment

Wow. You are fast. I'm still waiting............:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

THanks Eleanor. I heard that sometimes you have to wait until FP is complete before you are able to see the status.

I can see my case online already. However, I am so confused. They said they received on Nov 28. Actually I sent it on Nov 2. If they don't honour the date they received, then I need to wait another 3 months for my EAD. :confused::eek::(

I can see my case online already. However, I am so confused. They said they received on Nov 28. Actually I sent it on Nov 2. If they don't honour the date they received, then I need to wait another 3 months for my EAD. :confused::eek::(

That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

I mailed mine on Nov 29th. Usually how long does it take for them to cash checks from the date they received the documents.

It varies. You can check most peoples signature and see how it varies. I guess it also depend on what status you file under and how you file.

I mailed mine on Nov 29th. Usually how long does it take for them to cash checks from the date they received the documents.

Hi Kaylan2002:

Welcome to November Fliers Thread.

Everybody is different of when USCIS cashs check. In order to be convenience of November Fliers, we have this thread to post our timeline and update regularly of keep checking Chicago Lockbox schedule. Some people only takes 6 days then the check has cashed. Like mine, it took 4 weeks.

BTW, if you can post your timeline in your signature, which is in User CP, we can all compare to each other then.

Thanks Eleanor

Hi Kaylan2002:

Welcome to November Fliers Thread.

Everybody is different of when USCIS cashs check. In order to be convenience of November Fliers, we have this thread to post our timeline and update regularly of keep checking Chicago Lockbox schedule. Some people only takes 6 days then the check has cashed. Like mine, it took 4 weeks.

BTW, if you can post your timeline in your signature, which is in User CP, we can all compare to each other then.

I finally mailed everything ( whole lot of documentation) maybe the packet weighed about 2lbs:). cuz i was a H4->F1->H1 and married my US citizen wife.

I have to thank austriacus for his help in figuring everything out. Thanks dude.

I have one question though..on my G325a..i checked the "status as permanent resident" box for the question. "this form is submitted in connection with application for" and on my wife's G325a i checked "Other" and entered "I-130" in the space provided.

Is that correct...if it's not is that going to be a problem.
Appreciate your response.
Thanks

Yea, I am not sure how they decide who to respond to first.

Finally I realise why my case took them 4 weeks to process. Because they handle AOS marriage case first. BTW, they really screw up my case. 4 weeks after. And I don't think they will honour the received date. :eek: