Any November filers?

My wife mailed the I-130 and g-325s to Nebraska at this address:
USCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87130
Lincoln, NE 68501-7130
But I see no updates for I-130s on uscis website that Eleanor has posted. I was wondering where can I look it up:confused:

Why was it mailed to Nebraska? I thought ALL family based petitions were to be sent to the Chicago Lockbox.

!!??

My wife sent it to Nebraska because it clearly says on the I-130 instruction that if she lives in Minnesota she should mail it to Nebraska Service Center !!!

Can anybody else please throw some light on this issue ? Thanks

My wife sent it to Nebraska because it clearly says on the I-130 instruction that if she lives in Minnesota she should mail it to Nebraska Service Center !!!

Can anybody else please throw some lightmy on this issue ? Thanks

if you read form 485 instruction carefully, it said family based application should be sent to Chicago lockbox, and I 130 should be sent together with I485. You can check that out, as I don't remember exactly. But that was my problem before, I didn't know where to send until I understand the whole instruction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can anybody else please throw some light on this issue ? Thanks

I am afraid I agree aqualove's comment in your case.

Call USCIS now. Tell and ask them what you can rectifiy the situation.

NOt required to file I-485

Aqualove and Eleanor, thanks for ur comments guys.

But I (my wife) am not required to file I-485. I will be applying for immigrant visa through Consular Processing after the I-130 will be approved. I am not in the US; am in Nepal at the moment.

Thank you once again.

Hi

I've been reading posts on this forum for a while and thought I might contribute something.
So here it is, my time line.

Yeah thanks IwankaH, for ur contribution.

so, guys..are we still wrong to send the petition to Nebraska Service Center since I am not required to file I-485 ?
Please guys.. any opinion

Yeah thanks IwankaH, for ur contribution.

so, guys..are we still wrong to send the petition to Nebraska Service Center since I am not required to file I-485 ?
Please guys.. any opinion

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yes, you are right. You file to the right center.

Based on California and Vermont centers shown that it'll take 6 months for processing. I assume other centers will take approximately the same. After receiving the I-130 approval notice, they will transfer your case directly to National Visa Center. But I don't know how long it will take then.

Anybody has any other ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Today I called USCIS for my receipt issue. They said usually it takes up 30 - 35 days in Chicago Lockbox. So, I need to wait two more weeks to call back.