Any May filers around?

Hi Praetorian and Austriacus!

It is much fun reading your posts to each other ;-)

Thanks Austriacus for being gentleman, but you were first :)

And Praetorian, don't bother yourself if you can't find it, I can always call the USCIS and request one, not sure how this sending works... How did you get your guides? Are they available at the local office? If so, I will look around for them tomorrow.

got the stamp in the passport this morning everything went fine, took 10 minutes. Good luck to all who are still waiting. And also thank you all for your help, this website is awesome.:D

Congrats Kekec!!

Thanks Praetorian, it all went fine, it turned out that they did make a mistake, and it took the guy 30 minutes to clear it all out, he even went to talk to "my" IO, they corrected the mistake in their data base. He told me to send I-90 (he gave me the form and even filled it out partially), copied a passport page with a stamp and the biographic page for me to send with I-90, of course I need to send my "bad" green card. He said it shouldn't take too long because the MSC already has all my info. The officer was very nice. But unfortunately next week I will be flying only with the stamp :-(

Congrats Kekec!!

Thanks Praetorian, it all went fine, it turned out that they did make a mistake, and it took the guy 30 minutes to clear it all out, he even went to talk to "my" IO, they corrected the mistake in their data base. He told me to send I-90 (he gave me the form and even filled it out partially), copied a passport page with a stamp and the biographic page for me to send with I-90, of course I need to send my "bad" green card. He said it shouldn't take too long because the MSC already has all my info. The officer was very nice. But unfortunately next week I will be flying only with the stamp :-(

Well, see at least you got that sorted out. Now just give it 30 days or less before you have your corrected GC right?

Do not underestimate the value of a properly planned infopass.

Congrats kekec and MagdaJ for getting your issue resolved. You know, if you really wanted you could fly with your old card and then submit the I-90. It's still a valid GC just with a little different date right? Or did they somehow invalidate the GC you have? Even though to play it safe I'd say use the I-551 stamp. At least you have something to look forward to for your next trip...

Austriacus, thanks for the advice. My husband told me I should it i.e. send I-90 after I come back and use this card for now, but I am worried that since they already changed those dates and what if the officer at the PE scans it and there will be conflicting info, he might cause problems. That's why I thought that maybe I should use the stamp and have a copy of the green card on me just in case. I still have one week to decide, my flight is on the 26th.

Had my interview today, and already received the email saying last action taken on the case. Did you guys get the same thing the same day?

That's all you are going to share about your experience?... :mad:

Alright, I didn't think about going into details, since i thought all you guys and gals already went through the process, but I'll be glad to share it with you all. The interview was scheduled for 9 am, got there about 8:30, gave the letter and waited about and hour and a half to get called in. Our interviewer was so young couldn't be more than 27. Asked us for ID's, passports, how did we meet, how long have we've been together. Also asked where we each work, and if he could see some joint documents and pictures. The only documents we had were the bank account and a lease for our car. Looked at the pictures, asked if he can scan them for his records, and that was it. Of course he also asked the regular questions like "Are you a terrorist?" which I replied to NO of course. Then he said that we are approved and that I can travel as soon as I want and then he stamped my passport, and we shook hands and that was it. It was really painless, no problems at all. Also he never looked at any original documents that were required (marriage cert, birth cert etc.) I am extremely happy that this process is over for next couple of years, and looking forward to traveling soon.

Alright, I didn't think about going into details, since i thought all you guys and gals already went through the process, but I'll be glad to share it with you all. The interview was scheduled for 9 am, got there about 8:30, gave the letter and waited about and hour and a half to get called in. Our interviewer was so young couldn't be more than 27. Asked us for ID's, passports, how did we meet, how long have we've been together. Also asked where we each work, and if he could see some joint documents and pictures. The only documents we had were the bank account and a lease for our car. Looked at the pictures, asked if he can scan them for his records, and that was it. Of course he also asked the regular questions like "Are you a terrorist?" which I replied to NO of course. Then he said that we are approved and that I can travel as soon as I want and then he stamped my passport, and we shook hands and that was it. It was really painless, no problems at all. Also he never looked at any original documents that were required (marriage cert, birth cert etc.) I am extremely happy that this process is over for next couple of years, and looking forward to traveling soon.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Some of us did get the "emails and LUDs" in the same day.

You should have you GC in 2-3 weeks! Congratulations! :cool:

Question for EVERYONE:
Aside from IL in the mail, did you guys get notices for interview by email also?

A2 married to USC Dec 2006

Reason: The check amount is incorrect or has not been provided.
We sent (3) checks, one for each application. When they returned all the forms to us, they only returned (2) checks with it. I assumed they LOST the check for my I-130 since it is the only one missing from the returned pkg . (I have copies of all 3 checks sent to them). Still, we re-issued the checks and mailed back all of them as instructed. Also, we called the bank and put a STOP PAYMENT on the one check USCIS did not return to us, for fear that it might end up with the wrong hands.

5/14: RD I-130/I-485/I-765 (for the 2nd time)
5/17: ND on all 3 (this time with amount rcvd for each)
5/24: ND for Bio for I485 & I130
5/30: ND from Vermont Svc Ctr for I130 with RD of 4/30 & Amount Rcvd - weird!!!
6/13: Bio complete
6/11: Rcvd RFE letter from NBC
6/14: ND Stopped processing I130 because the check submitted as pymt was returned to the bank.
Now I think they are talking about the 1st check we mailed. After days of speaking on the phone and exchanging of emails with the Debt Management Center and the Vermont Service Center, they sent us an email admitting to their "mistakes" and cancelled the invoice they sent us. Good thing I made copies of EVERYTHING to show them as proof!
6/18: ND full pymt rcvd and processing resumed
7/13: LUD on I485 response to RFE rcvd, case resumed, expect response w/in 60 days
8/1: EAD approved
8/6: EAD card rcvd
10/15: Infopass appt for I485 since it has been more than 60 days - Officer told me the same thing as the info on the website, they said i am still within the "normal" processing time, and that it's still "too early" to worry

I thought I'd share this with all May filers who might still be in the process of opening bank accounts (courtesy of bankdeals blog), Bank of America has a $100 bonus for opening a checking account (if you don't already have one). The MyAccess checking has no monthly fee when opened online. (link with more info)

I opened one Saturday, the cool thing is you have to be a citizen or permanent resident to open this account online so I was able to exercise my new right. This is the second time I'll be a Bank of America customer, previously I collected $100 bonus plus $250 bonus for their Keep the Change program.

Just be aware that Bank of America is known for "forgetting" about bonuses and that your account should be fee-free so you might have to remind them of it in the future... so keep printouts of your application showing promo code and "no monthly fee".