Any May filers around?

Wielkie gratulacje dla Ciebie, Leleth!!!

Your interview seemed so easy!! Good job and enjoy your life as a Permanent Resident!!!

Good morning,
Guess what, I received my EAD in the mail last evening :) I'm glad because that means I can continue working here in the university since the begin date on my card overlaps my OPT EAD duration.

Congratulations, PraetorianXI :) I'm glad everything is falling in place for ya.
All the best with the new position and I'm positive you'll be receiving your green card soon.

hello all,

i have my AOS interview next Monday. It is family based, based on my father. Is anyone here in the same situation?? Or are you all marriage based???

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack........... with beautiful red stamp in my passport hihi........

We came to the office about 30 min before our appointment. First we had to go the the window and give them our letter. After that we sat down and we had some time to look around . There was around 40+ couples in there. Some of them had lawyers with them. I was suprised because we were called after about 15 min. We repeated the oath and then the officer started to talk about some paperwork.... he asked some questions ( how long have we been married, or whether we had kids) ... HE DID NOT ASKED ANY QUESTIONS FROM I-130, I-485 ETC. .... at the time we were talking about polish neighborhood he was flipping the pages of our documentation ( he had everything I send before plus some extra sheets..... the folder that the papers where in looked really worn out- like somebody went over them MANY times (unless they reuse them)
after 10 min of talking about nothing specific ( he looked straight in our eyes all the time) ... he asked me a question about my status ( I applied for F-1 status 3 years ago but never received notice of approval- however I kept going to school and behavied as any other international student) He took my documents and typed something to the computer - I turned out that my status was fine - he said it was kind of unusual - he mentiond that most of the people coming there did not maintained their status.......
he asked what kinds of bonafide marrige did we bring.....he was suprised that we have joint accounts without me having ssn........ he looked at our album and said he was paying attention to the details...... he was really suprised when he found picture of me rubbing "Naked Cowboy's" butt......
we mentioned that I'm pregnant but he did not seem to care.......
he asked my husband whether he loved me ;) when my husband answered he stamped some documents with "Approved" stamp ... so then I kindly asked whether he could stamp my passport .... and then he said he was not done with me yet...................................................
and he asked me all of the questions about terrorism, prostitution etc. and then he stamped my passport
At the end I asked him to give me his name .... he joked that knowing his name I will complain to his supervisors that he danced around naked etc.
and he said that we don't have to come there for next 2 years....

and basically that is it...... we did not answer any question !!!!!1.... we talked about mormons in utah... polygamy in New Jersey.... polish food.....

leleth- new pernament resident :)

Gratulacje ze wszystko sie powiodlo bez zadnych problemow. :)

BIG CONGRATS!!! :):):)

hahahahahahahaha
problem (in polish) = problem (in english) BUT in polish every non has up to 7 forms (depending on the situation) and the way we create plural is also irregular...... so it makes at least 14 forms of one noun ....

here is an example:
1. problem / problemy
2. problemu / problemow
3. problemowi / problemom
4. problem / problemy
5. problemem / problemami
6. problemie / problemach
7. problemie/ problemy (? )

I wasn't sur e about the last one... basically that is only a way you use noun... imagine how many forms a simple verb can have ;)
and also you need to remember that in polish alphabet we have 9 more letters the additional ones are: ą ć ę ł ń ó ś ż ź

are you sure you want to learn polish ????

here you can find little help ------> http://portalwiedzy.onet.pl/tlumacz.html

Last edited by a moderator:
SS card

so today is the third week that and I didn't get anything from SSA. I decided to give them a call and find out what is going on. The lady was very friendly and i gave her my name and mothers maiden name, and she quickly found my file, and told me I am cleared and that I will receive my card within next few days. I was relieved when she told me that!! Anyways I know few of you also went to the SS office, and were told that immigration has to verify the documents in order to issue a card. In my case it took two full weeks, my case got cleared yesterday. So it shouldn't be much longer for any of you. Just give them a call and find out, they are much friendlier over the phone. Good luck every1!

We are being invaded! :eek:

But, I doubt I will ever go to Poland... so I will stick with Spanish, English, French and Italian ;)

wow I used to speak French pretty well..... I can understand Italian, German and Spanish haha :) and I always wanted to learn Icelandic but...but it seems even more complicated than Polish ;)