Any May filers around?

so today is the third week that and I didn't get anything from SSA. I decided to give them a call and find out what is going on. The lady was very friendly and i gave her my name and mothers maiden name, and she quickly found my file, and told me I am cleared and that I will receive my card within next few days. I was relieved when she told me that!! Anyways I know few of you also went to the SS office, and were told that immigration has to verify the documents in order to issue a card. In my case it took two full weeks, my case got cleared yesterday. So it shouldn't be much longer for any of you. Just give them a call and find out, they are much friendlier over the phone. Good luck every1!

I applied for my SSN today. They had to send the application to Atlanta, GA. To clear/check my document :( (my i-551 stamp) because I did not show up in their system...

They said I should hear from them in about 3 weeks.

actually it was a family emergency on my wife's side of the family and she had to travel back to europe for a month, and that's why we had to reschedule the interview

had interview today

had the interview today everything went well , the officer approved the i-130 , but he could not stamp the green card because fbi name check was pending and my rpevious employer had filed an i-140 petition , so he said that unless he has that file he cannot put a stamp on the passport

anyway i know that for me its not over i still have to wait painfully for my green card

good luck to all others !!

had the interview today everything went well , the officer approved the i-130 , but he could not stamp the green card because fbi name check was pending and my rpevious employer had filed an i-140 petition , so he said that unless he has that file he cannot put a stamp on the passport

anyway i know that for me its not over i still have to wait painfully for my green card

good luck to all others !!

Congratulations, franticksky. I hope the name check gets done asap. Just a quick question, did your USC spouse had to bring and show her/his passport in addition to the USC Birth cert?

actually the office did not see any documents he approved the 1-130 just like that he did ask some normal routine questions but that was it , i know the namecheck takes years and years to get completed , i was hoping to travel to india to visit my parents , thankfully i have the advance parole , but again travelling on advance parole is a risk too ,moreover it is a pain to renew ead every year , have travel restrictions and all so my sufferings do not end and going by the name check history once it gets stuck it gets stuck there is no way out of it , anyway i will wait for 6 months and then file writ of mandamus

ktrueson has his/her interview today as well.

nehasharma, all the best for your interview this Friday. What are the documents you are taking?

Hey guys, good to see things moving for you all. I waiting to get the Card Ordered email from my Green Card...

I had a great day at work today, got a bunch of goodies ;) (new digital camera dslr and tripod, lights, etc :))