Any May filers around?

need some advice

friends , need some advise ,

My wife has not changed her last name since she recently got her Nurse Practioner's license and it takes time to change the last names in the licenses so if the interviewer asks me what is your wife's name what shud my answer

My wife's name with my surname

or her name with her maiden name

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack........... with beautiful red stamp in my passport hihi........

We came to the office about 30 min before our appointment. First we had to go the the window and give them our letter. After that we sat down and we had some time to look around . There was around 40+ couples in there. Some of them had lawyers with them. I was suprised because we were called after about 15 min. We repeated the oath and then the officer started to talk about some paperwork.... he asked some questions ( how long have we been married, or whether we had kids) ... HE DID NOT ASKED ANY QUESTIONS FROM I-130, I-485 ETC. .... at the time we were talking about polish neighborhood he was flipping the pages of our documentation ( he had everything I send before plus some extra sheets..... the folder that the papers where in looked really worn out- like somebody went over them MANY times (unless they reuse them)
after 10 min of talking about nothing specific ( he looked straight in our eyes all the time) ... he asked me a question about my status ( I applied for F-1 status 3 years ago but never received notice of approval- however I kept going to school and behavied as any other international student) He took my documents and typed something to the computer - I turned out that my status was fine - he said it was kind of unusual - he mentiond that most of the people coming there did not maintained their status.......
he asked what proofs of bonafide marrige did we bring.....he was suprised that we have joint accounts without me having ssn........ he looked at our album and said he was paying attention to the details...... he was really suprised when he found picture of me rubbing "Naked Cowboy's" butt......
we mentioned that I'm pregnant but he did not seem to care.......
he asked my husband whether he loved me ;) when my husband answered he stamped some documents with "Approved" stamp ... so then I kindly asked whether he could stamp my passport .... and then he said he was not done with me yet...................................................
and he asked me all of the questions about terrorism, prostitution etc. and then he stamped my passport
At the end I asked him to give me his name .... he joked that knowing his name I will complain to his supervisors that he danced around naked etc.
and he said that we don't have to come there for next 2 years....

and basically that is it...... we did not answer any question !!!!!1.... we talked about mormons in utah... polygamy in New Jersey.... polish food.....

leleth- new pernament resident :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack........... with beautiful red stamp in my passport hihi........

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. I believe all of us in this group will go through with SUCCESS!

We came to the office about 30 min before our appointment. First we had to go the the window and give them our letter. After that we sat down and we had some time to look around . There was around 40+ couples in there. Some of them had lawyers with them. I was suprised because we were called after about 15 min. We repeated the oath and then the officer started to talk about some paperwork.... he asked some questions ( how long have we been married, or whether we had kids) ... HE DID NOT ASKED ANY QUESTIONS FROM I-130, I-485 ETC. .... at the time we were talking about polish neighborhood he was flipping the pages of our documentation ( he had everything I send before plus some extra sheets..... the folder that the papers where in looked really worn out- like somebody went over them MANY times (unless they reuse them)
after 10 min of talking about nothing specific ( he looked straight in our eyes all the time) ... he asked me a question about my status ( I applied for F-1 status 3 years ago but never received notice of approval- however I kept going to school and behavied as any other international student) He took my documents and typed something to the computer - I turned out that my status was fine - he said it was kind of unusual - he mentiond that most of the people coming there did not maintained their status.......
he asked what kinds of bonafide marrige did we bring.....he was suprised that we have joint accounts without me having ssn........ he looked at our album and said he was paying attention to the details...... he was really suprised when he found picture of me rubbing "Naked Cowboy's" butt......
he asked my husband whether he loved me ;) when my husband answered he stamped some documents with "Approved" stamp ... so then I kindly asked whether he could stamp my passport .... and then he said he was not done with me yet...................................................
and he asked me all of the questions about terrorism, prostitution etc. and then he stamped my passport
At the end I asked him to give me his name .... he joked that knowing his name I will complain to his supervisors that he danced around naked etc.

and basically that is it...... we did not answer any question !!!!!1.... we talked about mormons in utah... polygamy in New Jersey.... polish food.....

Congrats....:D

Neha

Thanks Franticsky & Simsim. Now I am feeling a little better but still have to see if my new job people let me join with my SSN in maiden name and my card in after marriage name.

Ya simsim, its a nice place to be in SF. We going for shopping in Westfield mall today. They are enjoying it here. What all did you see here? Did you visited Napa wineries?

Neha

I forgot to add that officer that interviewed us did not asked us for any copies of the documents... ha already had them :)

he asked what kinds of bonafide marrige did we bring.....he was suprised that we have joint accounts without me having ssn........ he looked at our album and said he was paying attention to the details...... he was really suprised when he found picture of me rubbing "Naked Cowboy's" butt......

Congratulations,leleth :) This is great news. I'm happy for you. Do still visit our thread now that you've been approved ;)

Congratulations,leleth :) This is great news. I'm happy for you. Do still visit our thread now that you've been approved ;)

of course.... :) I don't have anything else to do... since I'm pregnant and I don't know wheter looking for a job now makes any sense ;)

G R E A T - D A Y - F O R - M E

Today has been a GREAT day!

I started at my job as a photographer. Lots of things to learn but very very exciting! :D

Also I got:

1 LUD on my I-130 (Approval Notice Sent) :D :D

1 LUD on my I-485 (Notice Welcoming New Resident Sent) :D :D

1 LUD on my I-765 (Approval Notice Sent) :D :D

And guess what?! ;) when I checked my MailBox... I received my EAD Card! :D :D

Weird thing huh!? I guess that Infopass REALLY helped! Since the lady put my file on top of the Q!

But about the EAD, it was actually Mailed to me on the 17th (same day of my infopass). So, they took a bit to update their system I guess.

Anyways, celebrate with me!

Tomorrow, I am going to the SSA again and hopefully get my SSN this time!

Today has been a GREAT day!

I started at my job as a photographer. Lots of things to learn but very very exciting! :D

Also I got:

1 LUD on my I-130 (Approval Notice Sent) :D :D

1 LUD on my I-485 (Notice Welcoming New Resident Sent) :D :D

1 LUD on my I-765 (Approval Notice Sent) :D :D

And guess what?! ;) when I checked my MailBox... I received my EAD Card! :D :D

Weird thing huh!? I guess that Infopass REALLY helped! Since the lady put my file on top of the Q!

But about the EAD, it was actually Mailed to me on the 17th (same day of my infopass). So, they took a bit to update their system I guess.

Anyways, celebrate with me!

Tomorrow, I am going to the SSA again and hopefully get my SSN this time!

way to go praetorian! you really had a great day!! congrats

congratulations Leleth !!!!

Can anyone please answer my question above :(

I filed my immigration with marriage last name, so my husband will say my last name as after marriage name. If your wife has not changed name then, I think you should say her maiden name as last name (assuming this is the name used in your immigration forms)

Neha