Any May filers around?

hmmmmmm I just wanted to say hello and that I'm pregnant haha :) I just did a test and I'm still in shock...........
We have our interview on Monday and I wonder if a prgnancy test can be an evidence ;) just kidding :D

CONGRATULATIONS, leleth and your husband :) Great news!! Let the IO know that you're pregnant; you'll earn a couple of brownie points ;)

hmmmmmm I just wanted to say hello and that I'm pregnant haha :) I just did a test and I'm still in shock...........
We have our interview on Monday and I wonder if a prgnancy test can be an evidence ;) just kidding :D

CONGRATULATIONS:) ..........you should let the IO know this .......he'll let you off in 2 min;)

my infopass went GREAT! :D

I got my I-551 stamp and it is valid for 1 year. The infopass officer was really nice, she had look through about 200 A-files (took her about 25-30 minutes) to find mine (apparently they are in Q to be put I'm the system) and stamped my passport.

At the end I did ask her "I have a friend who had his interview 1 month ago, got his passport stamped but has not received any updates or approval emails". She said you should make an infopass and come talk to them.

There you go, you owe me $20. ;)

I got my I-551 stamp and it is valid for 1 year. The infopass officer was really nice, she had look through about 200 A-files (took her about 25-30 minutes) to find mine (apparently they are in Q to be put I'm the system) and stamped my passport.

Great news, PraetorianXI. So now you're good to work in that perfect job of yours.
Good going. No need for your EAD anymore,eh? :)

I just got the approval notice sent email. I guess I should get the EAD in a couple of days.

Congrats,adom.2007.
I received the exact LUD yesterday, so we're waiting for the card to be delivered in our mailboxes now :)

nehasharma, any updates as of today?

At the end I did ask her "I have a friend who had his interview 1 month ago, got his passport stamped but has not received any updates or approval emails". She said you should make an infopass and come talk to them.

There you go, you owe me $20. ;)

Thanks again, Praeto!

And, congratulations on your stamp, by the way! I hope all the other formalities will go smoothly for you.

P.S. See my other post about the 20 bucks... ;)

k.ambrose, thanks for your reply. my husband can still be self-employed but there is a license he needs to get in this new state and the training for the license will only start on september 4th.
I won't go much into details, but will it look bad if he were to stay in this city while I move by myself for 3 weeks or so? This way I can attend school and he can still work here and continue to be eligible as sponsor. After the interview he could then move without having to rush into finding a job (it is not a guarantee he will find one) etc. Any advice? Thank you.

did not work. USCIS has not updated their system to reflect my permanent residency. :(

Sorry to hear that. :(

How long did it take you to find that out? SSA is notorious for having people wait for hours just so they can hear "sorry, can't do." :rolleyes:

Can you start working without the SSN, just with your I-551, or do you really need it?

it took a while. But the lady was extremely helpfull, she tried everything she could. It was the first time she had seen that particular stamp.

I can start working but I really need a DL. :mad:

k.ambrose, thanks for your reply. my husband can still be self-employed but there is a license he needs to get in this new state and the training for the license will only start on september 4th.
I won't go much into details, but will it look bad if he were to stay in this city while I move by myself for 3 weeks or so? This way I can attend school and he can still work here and continue to be eligible as sponsor. After the interview he could then move without having to rush into finding a job (it is not a guarantee he will find one) etc. Any advice? Thank you.