Any May filers around?

I do not listen to it all.. I just press 1-2-2-1-1 and it connects me.

All they said is that it takes them 30 days to update their systems/status.... yeah right?

Hi!

just want to let you know: I went to SS office to apply for my number. First of all, there was a loooooog line outside the office. I waited for about 30min under 100 degrees (they have some horrible breezers that make it even worst). Anyway, after waiting in line I decided to ask the officer at the door if I could just drop my application, since I had all my papers ready with me. He said he'll let me pass, but also mentioned they will take my original documents and then mail them along with my new card after, at least, 4 weeks later. So, I decided to leave, because I have the AOS interview in two weeks and I need to show my passport and EAD. So, not SSC. Anyone with similar experiences? does that make any sense? :confused: I guess I'll wait until my interview

Why do they make getting a SSN so hard for us? I am aware of the risks of illegal immigrants faking EADs and GCs... but it is taking 2-4 weeks for a GC to arrive, plus 4 weeks for the SSN, plus going to get the DL.

That is 6-9 weeks without a job! :p

Why do they make getting a SSN so hard for us? I am aware of the risks of illegal immigrants faking EADs and GCs... but it is taking 2-4 weeks for a GC to arrive, plus 4 weeks for the SSN, plus going to get the DL.

That is 6-9 weeks without a job! :p

oh! that's another thing. The guard kept asking for my DL while I kept saying that's what I need my SSC for. agrr

Hi!

just want to let you know: I went to SS office to apply for my number. First of all, there was a loooooog line outside the office. I waited for about 30min under 100 degrees (they have some horrible breezers that make it even worst). Anyway, after waiting in line I decided to ask the officer at the door if I could just drop my application, since I had all my papers ready with me. He said he'll let me pass, but also mentioned they will take my original documents and then mail them along with my new card after, at least, 4 weeks later. So, I decided to leave, because I have the AOS interview in two weeks and I need to show my passport and EAD. So, not SSC. Anyone with similar experiences? does that make any sense? :confused: I guess I'll wait until my interview

I just went to the SSC office,there were 20 people waiting before me....we took our number and sat and waited......there were 2 counters so took us about 35 min before i was called.....i had filled in my application form right there and just showed my passport and new EAD.....the ofiicer made copies and printed me a letter saying they've recieved my application and told me it CAN take upto 6 weeks:mad: (depending on how fast they verify my documents) for me to get card in the the mail..........So i have to wait at least a month before i can even start my DL process:eek:

I just went to the SSC office,there were 20 people waiting before me....we took our number and sat and waited......there were 2 counters so took us about 35 min before i was called.....i had filled in my application form right there and just showed my passport and new EAD.....the ofiicer made copies and printed me a letter saying they've recieved my application and told me it CAN take upto 6 weeks:mad: (depending on how fast they verify my documents) for me to get card in the the mail..........So i have to wait at least a month before i can even start my DL process:eek:

I been waiting for them to verify my documents since June 26 and it is still pending as of today

I don't know how it is working now, but it used to be that you could call the 1-800 number a couple of weeks later and they would tell you your number or at least tell you if it is ready. Even if you do not have a card in hand, you could go to the nearest office and they would print you a page from their computer showing your number.
Like I said, I am not sure it is true now.

yes Reno I got my advance parole , and did not received any email notification , forget the email , even the cas status is unchanged , it still says received and pending