Any May filers around?

To all who have received approval for their EADs, did you guys get emails when your cases were approved? Or did you see the message on the USCIS website and got emails when card production was ordered?

I'm getting a little antsy here, need the EAD ASAP as I'm getting close to my current F1-OPT end date.

I believe they got emails. You only get an email when the case status message changes on the USCIS website, so that means the status also changed. :cool:

To all who have received approval for their EADs, did you guys get emails when your cases were approved? Or did you see the message on the USCIS website and got emails when card production was ordered?

I'm getting a little antsy here, need the EAD ASAP as I'm getting close to my current F1-OPT end date.

My email said "On Aug. 1st we sent you a notice of approval for your I-765" on the 4th of Aug I received my EAD. I'm sure you'll get it soon!!

My interview is on 08/27 just about 19 days away and I just noticed that I got an LUD on my I-485 yesterday, what could that mean? I was rather expecting an approval for my EAD. Can anybody tell me what probably this LUD is for? Thanks

i'm confused too. I just got an LUD on my EAD for "card production ordered". But I had received the same email on 8/3, so I was expecting my card in the mail for this week :confused:

I am in the same position as you.. the only difference is I already had the SS number from before, but I've lost my card. So, anyways I went to the SS office to get the replacement card, and the lady told me the exact same thing she told you. This immigration process is nothing but waiting. Anyway, the letter she gave me said that it may take up to four weeks, which is ridiculous, since we need to work now. I really cannot afford to be out of work for another month. Hopefully everything checks out and we get our SS card soon!!! Good luck!!

Unfortunately It's been six weeks now since I applied for ssn and it is still pending. uscis haven't confirm the validity of my EAD.:mad:

I am in the same position as you.. the only difference is I already had the SS number from before, but I've lost my card. So, anyways I went to the SS office to get the replacement card, and the lady told me the exact same thing she told you. This immigration process is nothing but waiting. Anyway, the letter she gave me said that it may take up to four weeks, which is ridiculous, since we need to work now. I really cannot afford to be out of work for another month. Hopefully everything checks out and we get our SS card soon!!! Good luck!!

where did you go? I went to Union ...I hate this place........ I think I forgot to add that the letter said I'm allowed to work anyway ....

Were you able to get driving licence without ssn? According to motor vehicle website ssn needs to be provided with EAD card. I wonder if they it makes sense to go to motor vehicle office without it.......

Hey, k.ambrose, I got an email and LUD on the same day informing me about card production, but I never got any email or LUD saying that my I-765 was approved.

Hey, k.ambrose, I got an email and LUD on the same day informing me about card production, but I never got any email or LUD saying that my I-765 was approved.

Hey Magdaj, even I never got an email saying 765 approved. I just got an email saying card production ordered.

Neha

My email said "On Aug. 1st we sent you a notice of approval for your I-765" on the 4th of Aug I received my EAD. I'm sure you'll get it soon!!
You were right,kekec!

Good morning guys! A couple of good news to share. Got two emails in regards to my EAD application; first one saying it was approved yesterday and the other one indicating card production ordered. Also a LUD saying AP approved :) Thank you,Lord! Phewww.. I'm hopeful that I'll get the physical card in time before my current F1-OPT expires.

Praetorian, congratulations for your success.

I was away for a while, and now I'm trying to put the evidence together before the interview.

My interview is in Philadelphia, at the begining of September. However, on August 27th, I'm starting school in a different state. My husband and I went to visit the uni, and found a place to live. My current lease (6 months terms) ended on 7/31. After this date we are living on a month to month agreement (I believe this is stated in the lease agreement). The lease in the new place starts on 8/15, however, the guy did not give us a formal lease. I asked him to put in writing that we'll leave there on a month to month basis, how much we paid to move in (deposit and first month), the address, and the owner's signiture. Will it be O.K. to show the old lease (hubby will stay at old place up to september 1st) and request change of address at the end of interview for the card to be mail to our address (different city and state)?

Also, when they require that we bring letters on both our names at the same address? Do they mean my name and husband's name on the envelope? We have letters sent to each one of us with the same address on it. Like, letters from my dentist, school etc. address to me; letters from his school addressed to him. The address is the same, but his school can't put my name on his stuff as it makes no sense.

Also, the electric bill is on my husband's name. I called the electric company and requested that my name be added to the account, which they did. However, on the bill they only list his name. Now, the cable bill is on my name. Our address is listed on both. How do I go about this? Will it be O.K. to show the bills with same address and explain that they only print the primary beneficiary on the bill?

As evidence, I have about 100 pictures of my husband and I, and jont account (I plan to request bank statement and bank letter closer to the interview's date on August 19th). We also have boarding passes and travel confirmation for 2 trips we took in the past few months.

Also, my husband and I can't find out birth certificates (I have a copy of mine). He is a naturalized US citizen? Do we need the original birth certificates for the interview? If we do, we really need to get new ones ASAP.

Will this do? Thanks in advance for answers. I promise to share my experience after the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Luci

was reading your post here are a few things that you can take care of

1) ask the utilities company to send the bill in both names you and your spouse

2) the cabvle company may or may not send thej same to both names , they didnt for me

3) if you have joint credit cards take the xeroz copies of ur credit cards itself and the statements too , same is with the bank statements and atm debit cards

4) u will need ur spouse's naturalization certificate , in my case my wife is the sponsor and she has her birth certificate , but my father-in-law is the co sponsor and the lawyer has asked us to carry his tax returns and copy of his naturalization

5) common insurance bills , health insurance cards will be helpful , make copies

6) photographs are very helpful also proof of trips taken together

7) atleast bank and credit card statements , insurance statements should have both names

hope this helps

these are the things that my lawyer said to bring

We don't have insurance bills or health insurance :(

All we have are:

1. Joint savings : I will request bank statement and bank letter

2. Pictures (lots of them: trip to New York, trip to Atlantic City, from the wedding, meeting his family etc.)

3. Boarding passes

4. Lease (with the explanation I gave above)

5. Letters addressed to each of us at the same address

We are not rich, so that's about all we got. I had health insurance from work (I worked on OPT until recently), but I had to pay $250 per month for him to be added, and I couldn't afford it.

Can someone else confirm on whether or not we need the birth certificates? Thank you.

Luci

the documents you have should be good to sail through , i will though stronly recommend calling ur utilities provider to send utility bills in both ur names ,

do not worry much , u shud be fine , but get the bill in ur name and ur spouse's name

Got my EAD Card production email today. I am soooooooooooo happy. For the rest of May Filers waiting for EAD, I know you will get that email soon

I got an email of card production ordered on Aug 1 and got another email yesterday saying approval notice sent...

isn't it should be the other way? I mean first approval and then card production.. I dunno whats happening. I have not received my EAD in mail :(

Neha