Any May filers around?

my situation now

I wish I had mine, or something :p I am going to lose this job opportunity...

2 weeks before i get something? EAD or GC?
plus, 2 weeks for SSC :p?
1 month :p... that is too long of a wait.

hey praetorian
my apllication approved but stuck with namecheck, currently on h1-b however most probably need to quit my job as i am planning to go india for 3 months begining of ocober.
if my name check is not done and iam applying for AP(now), would i be able to safely travel and return in 3months on AP. i was always in status never out of status so far.
what are the odds of name check clearance soon looking at my timeline, i have been in us 7 yrs on h1b.
thank you for your help in advance

yay! :D EAD on day 67 :D

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On August 10, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I guess things start to move along afterall... :) of course, my EAD is at NBC... while my GC is probably still at Atlanta DO, crammed up in someone's desk :p

Last edited by a moderator:
For those with EADs. I'm wondering if its worth to submit for SSC before your GC. Considering the timeline with the Social security office. Specialty if your interview or GC is already approved or very close. And then you have to go to the social securty office again to change your new legal status. What do you think? I hope I got the message across. ;)

For those with EADs. I'm wondering if its worth to submit for SSC before your GC. Considering the timeline with the Social security office. Specialty if your interview or GC is already approved or very close. And then you have to go to the social securty office again to change your new legal status. What do you think? I hope I got the message across. ;)

I have a question similar to alsteg's. I already have a Social Security card and number. It says "Authorized to work with DHS" as I came in on a F-1 visa two yrs ago and worked on campus. I'm now on OPT which expires on Aug 15th. My question is: Do I need to get my Social Securiy card changed? I believe that the number would remain. Inputs from those in similar situation would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, congrats to PraetorianXI for your EAD approval :) Great news. Here's hoping that both your cards come along soon.

Dont get no INFOPASS Preat.. its no necessary. You have been approved be patient.. I only had one LUD after my approval and it came about 10 days later. So be patient bra :) You are good..

You will get some approval in the mail maybe before your LUD's... :cool:

:p I do hope that my IO is just waiting until tomorrow (friday) to put into the system all of the applications he approved/denied or something. Otherwise I see no reason why I have no emails or LUDs... :mad:

I got an infopass set for the 17th just in case. :p

I went to the Social Sec Admin twice in the past two weeks to get "WORK WITH DHS APPROVAL" removed. Well the cold fact is that they need a green card to do that. A SSC for USC's takes 2 weeks, but if you have a green card it takes 4 weeks. They first have to verify with the DHS that your information is genuine.

So wait for your green cards fellas, thats all they accept. Go to www.ssa.gov for more information.

I have a question similar to alsteg's. I already have a Social Security card and number. It says "Authorized to work with DHS" as I came in on a F-1 visa two yrs ago and worked on campus. I'm now on OPT which expires on Aug 15th. My question is: Do I need to get my Social Securiy card changed? I believe that the number would remain. Inputs from those in similar situation would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, congrats to PraetorianXI for your EAD approval :) Great news. Here's hoping that both your cards come along soon.

Green cards dont come from your DO. Wait for the mail, you will see they are mailed from a place other than your DO. EAD comes from Lees Summit ;)

I guess things start to move along afterall... :) of course, my EAD is at NBC... while my GC is probably still at Atlanta DO, crammed up in someone's desk :p

I went to the Social Sec Admin twice in the past two weeks to get "WORK WITH DHS APPROVAL" removed. Well the cold fact is that they need a green card to do that. A SSC for USC's takes 2 weeks, but if you have a green card it takes 4 weeks. They first have to verify with the DHS that your information is genuine.

So wait for your green cards fellas, thats all they accept. Go to www.ssa.gov for more information.

well, thanks! That's what I'm thinking... because it takes forever to get your first card and then another forever to get the "with DHS approval" removed. It makes sense to wait for the GC. The whole process might be faster.

Interview checklist...

Fellow May filers,
I have approximately a month left for my AOS interview and would appreciate it if we could go through the list of documents to take for the interview. These are the documentations that I am preparing:

1) Exact copies of I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131 application sent for AOS process and original letters of support and documents.

2) USC husband's original birth certificate, driver's licence and Social Security Card & copies for all. My notarized foreign BC and original with copies.

3) USC husband's (sponsor) paystubs for the Aug and Sept.

4) My passport , Social Security Card and I-94. Marriage certificate; original & copies.

5) My state issued employee ID and paystubs for July & Aug (I wouldn't have received salary for Sept at the interview time).

6) Latest 2 months joint bank account statements.

7) Retirement benefit with husband as primary beneficiary.

8) My state of DE employee health insurance policy with him covered.

9) Letters, cards and emails between 2000 to 2007.

10) 15 to 20 photographs at various times between 2000 - 2007 and passport stamps of us visiting Singapore together in 2003. We have only done our court marriage with the mayor and have not yet gone home to do the religious ceremonies with our families; that explains the lack of photos.

11) I plan to get a supermarket store card with both our names on it.

12) Amtrak ticket stubs and online records showing my travel from DE to NJ.

13) Wear our shiny new gold wedding bands ;)

We live in two different states about 3 hrs from each other and have been married for less than 4 mths now,therefore we do not have utility bills or lease agreements with both our names on it, but visit each other at least every month and I plan to move to NJ by early next year.

I have cell phone bills addressed to him with "Attn: My name" on the envelope that comes to my address. The telephone and cable companies told me they cannot add his name to the account at this point :mad:

What do you all think? I would greatly appreciate suggestions and additions to this list. Thanks,guys :)

I am leaving in the morning to go visit a friend who just had a baby and then onto Indianapolis on sunday evening for our interview at 12:30 on monday.
I will let you all know when I get home monday evening!!!!
I am beginning to get nervous but I think I have a whole bunch of evidence including both our kids birth certificates, joint bank account statements, our car title and registration in both our names, health insurance cards, car insurance bill and cards, our lease and of course plenty of photographic evidence!!!
I hope its smooth sailing!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Ead In Mail!!!!!!

Hi Guys......
Called home yesterday and came to know that my ead arrived in the mail i.e. on 8/9/07..............was'nt expecting it so soon......:)
Will get home from my vacation tomorrow and be back on this board full swing:)

For some reason my signature is not updating....it says your signature can't be more than 500 characters :confused: ....any ideas what to do???