Any May filers around?

You were right,kekec!

Good morning guys! A couple of good news to share. Got two emails in regards to my EAD application; first one saying it was approved yesterday and the other one indicating card production ordered. Also a LUD saying AP approved :) Thank you,Lord! Phewww.. I'm hopeful that I'll get the physical card in time before my current F1-OPT expires.

Congrats k.ambrose! I am very happy for you!

I just checked my online account at USCIS.gov just to see if I got any other LUD e.g. approval notice sent, and it turned out I got an LUD but with the same content (card production ordered), so I got 3 LUDs with the same contents (but in each LUD they gave a different date for the card production, first it was 8/06, then 8/07, and now it is 8/09). I also don't understand what they are up to, but I don't care as long as I get my EAD :)

I wish I had mine, or something :p I am going to lose this job opportunity...

2 weeks before i get something? EAD or GC?
plus, 2 weeks for SSC :p?
1 month :p... that is too long of a wait.

I wish I had mine, or something :p I am going to lose this job opportunity...

2 weeks before i get something? EAD or GC?
plus, 2 weeks for SSC :p?
1 month :p... that is too long of a wait.

for ssc it make take a longer wait time. I still waiting for mine 6 weeks and counting

:p I do hope that my IO is just waiting until tomorrow (friday) to put into the system all of the applications he approved/denied or something. Otherwise I see no reason why I have no emails or LUDs... :mad:

I got an infopass set for the 17th just in case. :p

approved but background check pending

hi guys
not sure to celebrate or not!!!
anyways
we went there 8.15 am newark d.o(appointment was 9am) IO called us at 10.15 am.
asked us to stand for oath, then he said before anything else "he can not approve my case because of 2 reasons
* background check pending
* my employer filed for i-140 a while back he requested the file he didnt get it yet

he went on saying he will approve 130 if everything goes well but 485 he can not and its not my fault (more of a fate).
he asked us
when we married?
how we know each other
date of birth how old?
what my wife job nature to me
my job to her and how long i been working?

Then he asked me 485 questions have you been ever arrested? so on
He said he do not see any fradulant marriage but can not approve because of back ground check pending.
he said most probably might get done by oct end as it will be 6 months from the date i apply.
if i didnt get anything by then he said to write him so he can check if clerks overlooked my file!!!!!
namecheck file gets updated every week.
i am lil upset as i was planning to go india oct 1st. so iam applying for AP today.
i will update experiance later sometime.

hi mamtashok

i did not understand the relationship with ur employer filing for I-140 , marriage based and employment based 485 processing is completely different

hmm , i just spoke to my lawyer , he said yes they are supposed to have that file , but I have changed my employer and I am no longer with that employer , I have just accepted a new job , but he said that there is nothing to worry about just carry all the paperwork and u shud be fine

mamtashok

Did the officer say that he cannot approve
just because ur background check was pending

or because of both reasons ?? can you be specific please

where did you go? I went to Union ...I hate this place........ I think I forgot to add that the letter said I'm allowed to work anyway ....

I went to Somerville, but hopefully it doesn't take more than a couple of weeks for them to verufy it. I know the letter says that you're allowed to work while you wait for the actual SS card, but the problem is you need a car to get to work... The system is the problem, the EAD should be enough of a document to get the license. I waited nervously for the EAD, and now that it's finally here, I'm stuck waiting again for the stupid SS card

because of both

mamtashok

Did the officer say that he cannot approve
just because ur background check was pending

or because of both reasons ?? can you be specific please

because of both he gave print out reason but he said time consuming one is namecheck the other file should get there soon anyway!!