Any May filers around?

Alright, I am on my way to the Medical Examination for my I-693.

I have not received an RFE for it (yet!). But oh well, I will let you guys know what that went...

1-130/1-485 concurrently filed

DO: Houston
05/17: Sent via Fedex to Chicago lock box

Will keep you all updated

I-693 Done! =) but the Civil Surgeon Clinic I went to are ripping people off... how can I file a complaint?

Hi Praetorian,

How much do you have to pay for the medical? As far as i know, you cannot file a complain (legally) because it is the right of the doctors to make their own "professional" fees, not unless they are making you pay way too much. I only paid less around $265 including necessary vaccinations and tests.

Receipts from Lee Summit

Does anybody know why my receipts were mailed from Lee Summit, MO even though my package was sent to Chicago Lockbox?

Filing on 22 MAY 2007

Hi guys,
Thanks a lot for starting this thread. I'll be mailing my package this Tuesday (am waiting on a letter for employment verification/support), so do count me in! I'll be tracking my progress here and constantly updating my journey so we all can go through this together :)

All the best,everybody.

Hi Praetorian,

How much do you have to pay for the medical? As far as i know, you cannot file a complain (legally) because it is the right of the doctors to make their own "professional" fees, not unless they are making you pay way too much. I only paid less around $265 including necessary vaccinations and tests.

He charged me $ 255 for all. Because I had my TB Skin test, HIV and RPR tests done at my local health dept.

But He gave me shots for MMR, Varicella and Tetanus.

Did not give me a receipt.

On the supplemental for to the I-693 wrote that shots for MMR were not necessary, because of age. But he gave me 2 of those anyways (to charge me for them?) and I already had 1 dose of Varicella, but he gave me another anyways... even though the health dept said that adults only need 1 dose.

So... this is what I saw all over, with all the other people there. They intimidate people (a pretty nasty receptionist they have... funny thing her name is Cookie :confused:).

They make you get shots you do not need... and the doctor spent less than 3 minutes with me. Asked me 5 questions, checked my ears, throat and knee reflex. That was it.

$ 255 for that?... what a rip off :mad:

Hi everyone
I received receipt notices yesterday
Now waiting for FP appointment.
Will keep updating you.
Thanks.

Received the FP Notice Today. :cool: Notice date is May 15th. FP Date 6th June.

Same here -- got my FP notice in the mail today, scheduled for the 6th of next month. Different DO, however.

On a different note, I received a PM from one of the posters here suggesting I change the title of the thread to something more obvious for everyone to find. Is that a general consensus? If so, I will be more than happy to change it. For what it's worth, people interested in the post can "subscribe" to the it and can later find it under the "List Subscriptions" section of your profile once you're logged in.

-- A

Same here -- got my FP notice in the mail today, scheduled for the 6th of next month. Different DO, however.

On a different note, I received a PM from one of the posters here suggesting I change the title of the thread to something more obvious for everyone to find. Is that a general consensus? If so, I will be more than happy to change it. For what it's worth, people interested in the post can "subscribe" to the it and can later find it under the "List Subscriptions" section of your profile once you're logged in.

-- A

I agree. Changing it to something more obvious will help.

Crap... Got a Request for Initial Evidence today. Nice pink letter.. I guess my W2's from the past 3yrs, Copy of H1B, Copies of past 3 tax returns, and last 3 months pay stubs weren't sufficient enough.

Looks like I need to give them IRS transcripts, letter from employer,... etc

Here's another May filer who tried to get in before the impending fee increase!

To comment on the earlier I-693 discussion, for reference, my total I-693 expenses were $125. I already had all the vaccines, and had my blood test done at the lab of the university where I'm enrolled to save another $10, and had the results faxed to the Civil Surgeon's office.

I'm curious if anyone else is in the situation I'm in, that my wife (who petitioned for me) is not currently living with me because we work in different cities, and how we can avoid that being a problem when the USCIS evaluates if we have a bonafide marriage.