Any May filers around?

LUD is Last Updated Date as listed on the USCIS website next to each case. Sometimes the message changes with the LUD but a lot of the time it doesn't.

67.25? This is my 102th day since I filed everything and I haven't even received an IL or EAD or anything. Am I missing something here?

Did you request an INFOPASS to get ur EAD expedited? If by day 90 ur EAD is not there, you can go to ur DO and they will email the NBC and u get ur card within 2 weeks!

Hi all, remember I told you all that yesterday something was in the mail -- well guess what. It was a notice letter regarding my AP but It was sent out of Minnesota from some Immigration Law Firm that I never heard of. I called that law firm and thanked them for forwarding the letter to me also asked them why would the get the letter. They had no answer. AT this time I called uscis and explained about the situation at the instant I was transfered over to a Immigration Officer - the officer checked the address on file and told me that everything matches. She told me that if could of been a human error because they send these notices my notice was sent with all of bulk of notices to law firms. I asked her about the name check and this is what I was told "As a officer she has access to some of the information but not all of the information" If I want to inquire about the name check I would need to schedule walk- in in at the local office, because they have all of the information available for them. I asked - "Well since you are the officer don't you have information to everything that the local office has" she replied "No - Only the local office has all of the information and that's why it's better to schedule a info pass that is done for security reasons they don't give us access to all information."

Interesting would you say... :rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all,
I am writing you to ask for help and suggestions.
I filed a complaint with a Eeastern Court of Virginia in April as my AOS application is pending for 4 years. I got the defendants Motion to Dismiss. I filed a Response Letter on June 26. Then I got Scheduling Order on June 28, which says that there is a pretrial on August 2. The defendants who haven't reply to my complaint should reply within 11 days and I can file a amendment of pleading within 15 days. I just filed the amendment complaint yesterday afternoon. But I got the Order Greating the MOT when I got home last night, which says:my case is dismissed and was closed on July 6, 2007.
It is so ridiculous. I do not know if this is okay with the US laws to give two oreders for one case un-self-consistent . What can I do with the Order for dismissal right now? What can I do if my I-485 is still pending on name chacks for another one or two years?
My family and I have been totally exhausted.

Bunchs of thanks in advance.

Tell us more about ur case. WHat happened?

If you got an RFE, it clearly states in it that the 90 clock on your EAD restarts when you submit the info and they recieve it so for you that is 5/30. You will not get your card until approx 90 days from then

Sorry, not 102, is 73 days. But still, is taking too long.

Timeline
[...]
05/22/07 Request of Evidence Notice for I-485 (taxes)
05/27/07 Mailed out documents (evidence) requested by INS
05/30/07 "Requested evidence received and case resumed" (uscis.gov)
[...]

Did your RFE say by any chance something like, you are not eligible for employment authorization 90 days until after the initial evidence was received? In the I-485 instructions, the Affidavit of Support is listed as initial evidence, so technically you need to reset your EAD clock start time to 5/30!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing in mail even today..Now I am getting even more restless :(
Hi Neha........i know its upsetting not to see any progress......i havn't recieved any updates as well:mad: i dont kow what's going on.....but hang in there:) your day will come soon;)

Hi Neha........i know its upsetting not to see any progress......i havn't recieved any updates as well:mad: i dont kow what's going on.....but hang in there:) your day will come soon;)

Thanks simsim for the encouraging words. But the thing is that most of the may filers have got IL, which makes me restless..anyways..cant do nothing..just wait and wait....

Neha

Hi!

I do not have any news from USCIS. I am normally not a patient person, but since I moved to U.S. I learned to understand that things take time. With this said, I do have some questions:

1. I will start grad school in a different state on August 27th. The plan is for my husband and I to move to this new city. He may stay where we are right now for another month or two or move with me right away. We are still debating this. Will it delay the GC process if we change DO?

2. I was nervous when my lawyer sent the package because my husband is self-employed and I was not sure if he had the right papers for the tax returns (the lawyer said it was fine). If I did not get any RFE, can I safely assume that they accepted the tax documents we sent? I don't want to have any surprises at the interview.

Thank you!

Ead

I was following the processing timelines for NBC for ead under c9 category and what i gather from it is

as of 18th may they were processing cases for 26th feb 07

as of 18th jun they are processing 29th march 2007

i guess as of 18th july it will be somewhere close to 29th april

presently i am in the process of keeping the mountain of paperwork in one place for my interview on 22nd aug at garden city NY

I guess with Alkebulan getting an update on his ead , i assume most of the early may filers will now expect to get updates on ead

I was following the processing timelines for NBC for ead under c9 category and what i gather from it is

as of 18th may they were processing cases for 26th feb 07

as of 18th jun they are processing 29th march 2007

i guess as of 18th july it will be somewhere close to 29th april

presently i am in the process of keeping the mountain of paperwork in one place for my interview on 22nd aug at garden city NY

Well if u are getting those dates from the USCIS website they are not accurate. They process EAD on a first come first serve basis. So I am sure some months have a lower load than others. Also some USCIS lady told me those dates were usually off by a month.

Next week I AM GETTING my EAD APPROVAL damn it!

Hi!

I do not have any news from USCIS. I am normally not a patient person, but since I moved to U.S. I learned to understand that things take time. With this said, I do have some questions:

1. I will start grad school in a different state on August 27th. The plan is for my husband and I to move to this new city. He may stay where we are right now for another month or two or move with me right away. We are still debating this. Will it delay the GC process if we change DO?

Changing your DO it has been reported on this forum that it slows you down badly. Well by that I mean it could be 3 weeks or more. I think the further apart the DO's there is a problem as you know they send mail using horse drawn carriages. We are back to 1790 ;) :p

2. I was nervous when my lawyer sent the package because my husband is self-employed and I was not sure if he had the right papers for the tax returns (the lawyer said it was fine). If I did not get any RFE, can I safely assume that they accepted the tax documents we sent? I don't want to have any surprises at the interview.

Thank you!

As long as they said we recieved the information and the case has resumed, it probably means the information submitted was accurate. You might have to wait 45 days to be sure. Otherwise another RFE might be on the way.

Why did you use a lawyer when this forum provides more qualified people for free? :cool:

I am happy for you though coz you are leaving Philadelphia. There is no love as you know in this City Of Brotherly Love.