Any JULY, AUG, SEPT, OCT 2003 140 FILERS LEFT STILL?

RD Sep 26,2003

EAD/AP - Nov 2003,
FP done - May 2004

I140 - still waiting
I485 - still waiting

Same here , no change....

140 RD Oct-22-03...waiting
485 RD Jan/04....waiting
FP done and received by CIS
AP,EAD, Approved.

I140-EA, Consular processing
RD 07/28/2003
I'm still waiting to hear anything from USCIS abut my case.

RD 10/2/2003
LUD 4/1/2004 (Address Change)
EAD, AP approved in 11/2003
FP : 6/22/2004
Still waiting for 140.

What is the number to verify FP has been cleared by FBI?. Neither have i received any mail nor online status has changed after my FP.

I didn't ask my Attorney to make any status query, but I called CIS last week after seeing the incorrect date from AILA date, but CIS customer center having different date ( not the one from AILA site ) so she didn't initiate any query to Immigration officer, and also she mentioned one key point that " we can make status query only after 30 days of posted date ".My case RD is Sep 26, 2003, so I can't initiate query until I see the posted date on or after Oct 26, 2003.

cpjunky,
Why have u not initiated an inquiry? Since ur RD is May 2003 and since the current processing date is Oct 10,2003, you can initate an inquiry. Are u going for counslar processing? Wht is ur attorney's view of this delay?

Vignesh,

They have Sep 09,2003.

For concurrent filers (*****without I140 approvals********), if I140 processing date is applicable to I485 processing date then I will get my approval before August.

From AILA site:
Errors on NSC 6/25/04 Processing Time Report
6/28/2004

NSC advises that the wrong dates were provided on the 6/15/04 Processing Time Report for I-140 skilled and unskilled workers. The 7/1 report should be out shortly. In the meantime, please use the dates from the 6/1/04 report for these two categories.

i-140

I am another poor guy waiting for 140 from Sep 27 EB3.
I-140 RD SEP 27 2003
485 Concurent filing FP Done.

I am getting sick of these inept workers at NSC, what planet are they from?
I have been waiting 140 since Feb 2004.
What really ticks me off is they approved some cases filed in april/may.
I-485 Concurent filing FP Done in May

I applied I-140 with CP option in May 2003 ... nothing till now ...

I have initiated an inquiry through my lawyer reg the I-140 and it resulted in nothing.

I went ahead and applied my 485 this May and just got the FP notice this week ....

I also contacted the local congressman and he contacted INS and they told him that my I-140 case was forwarded to FBI for clearance this May (after 1 year of ND)... and it might take anywhere from 2-6 months to come back from FBI...

I have no hope in INS ... they have no rules, no governance, no laws ....

I will check back via the congressman, again, in a month.

gcprocessingsux,
I do understand ur frustration. When u said that u r waiting from feb 2004, is ur RD feb 2004 or is it that ur 180 days period ended in feb 2004.
BTW, this thread targets applicants whose 140 rd is jul, aug, sept, oct 2003. so as u can see filers in this thread r waiting from jul 2003 and i think there r afew who are waiting even before jul2003.

cpjunky,
Were u planning to go for counslar processing earlier and changed ur mind?
BTW FBI clearance is required for 485 (Aos) and not for 140. So when u applied for AOS this may 2004, the FP, Name check process kicks in and ur case was forwarded only this year. If u had applied along with 140, it may have been done earlier. The question to ask NSC is whats holding the 140 cases!

yes .... I applied for CP first ... and then changed my mind to I-485 this year, since my 6 years are finishing this year.

so, I did not apply for I-485 till this year .... I am not sure why the INS told the congressman that my I-140 is held for FBI clearance ??? Are you absolutely sure that there is nothing that FBI needs to do as fas my I-140 is concerned ?

registrationid

Thanks for understanding my frustration. It took more than 2 years to
get LC approved, and I am on 2nd H-1 extention. My American dream has become an American Nightmare, sometimes I think I should just abandon GC processing and go back.

I-140/I-485 concurrent RD 02/2004
EAD,AP approved in 04/2004
FP: 05/2004

Last edited by a moderator:
gcprocessingsux,
It is very easy to get frustrated and get disheartened. However, think of the many wonderful aspects of your life and thank the higher force for it. When faced with troubles, we always tend to complain of the things we do not have. Instead if we thank for what we have the "giver" will give more. Positive feelings engender positivity in life.
Do not let this small plastic card bring u down. remember if one is good in ones trade, skills, thoughts, ideas, one can succeed anywhere. There are more unfortunate people in this world who cannot even get out of their daily miserable war-toen, death filled, poverty filled existence. We are here and atleast survive on a more comfortable level of existence. Let us thank god for it and hope for better future. let not despair, vitriolism get the better of anybody here in this forum!
The wise say that what makes or breaks a human is the hman being itself and not the circumstances, the circumstances merely tests the human and teaches lessons.
I myself have been guilty of airing out frustration. But at times I feel that cursing the authorities and employers here does not result in anything. Instead they should be let out in other useful ways such as legal action, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Registrationid

Great thought that you have put thru. But the thing is that this is just an other application and we are paying for it more to add there are plenty of decisions that need to be taken based on the application results that we have made (140/485) , Should this process be done better at least the processing centers should make things clear of what is going on without hiding things... This is creating more tension only in family and office

Great thoughts registartion id,but all gcprocessing is doing
out is rendering his frustration.I think we all agree with him.
This whole thing sucks period!!!!!
All we are asking is more accountablity and decent customer service!!!!!
You cannot just release a public reoprt and come back later and mention
"Oh by the way we goofed up,will release dates later!!!!"