Any January filers out there?!?!

Thank you all for your support! I'll be leaving with my wife in about an hour. We are just doing last minute things, and also some last minute wedding stuff for our upcoming wedding this Sunday.

After the interview, we will probably need to go to our wedding hall to drop some stuff off, and we're going to be very busy so don't worry if you don't hear from me until late tonight!

Thanks again everyone, and please don't worry about that canceled interview Atlanta Brother, I'm sure everything will be fine!

Jan08Filer .. By now you're probably done already, West Coast makes it easy to be really behind on morning things. I hope you had a great interview, and that your lives will be blessed beyond belief. Enjoy the wedding also!

I just called USCIS and they told me to just wait. They say my I485 is being processed, and that they have no more information. As for my work permit, the lady told me that they are going to start working on it right now, for me to wait another 90 days! I hate talking to those people. They are nice human beans but sux at doing what we paid them to do. Most of us here paid well over $1000, the lest they could do is give us good information. Some times i feel like we know more then they do.

Well look like it daily trips to the mail box for one more week!

Hi all I'm back. I was approved and got the stamp. I'll get into more details later, but I need to go back out to get my wedding reception seating photo chart printed out at Staples, and a bunch of other wedding stuff. Thanks again everyone, and I wish you all good luck.

Need suggestions

Hello everyone,
I need suggestion. I was applied to remove my conditional resident status on October 2007 at California service center, I got the extension for a year after 2 weeks of application received in my mailing address. As I have 2 address one mailing address and one home address because I was started living near to school for my studies. We moved completely from home but I didn't do change of address because my mailing address was the same where I am living now. I was wondering why am I not receiving any information like biometric, I called them today, they told me they were sent ASC appointment letter for fingerprinting in December not in the mailing address I was provided them in my application but in the previous address. I didn't get the appointment letter. I even didn't know they sent that letter. they told me it will take 30-45 days to get response from them. I am very much worried about it because my application can be denied even though It was not my fault. I would highly appreciate you guys suggestions if any one has some idea what should I do?

Thanks you!
Muskan

@ Nothere
Aww that really sucks! But dont u worry, Im sure you wd get ur EAD soon now. We filed on the same date, I think you might get your Ead and IL at the same time. Lets just hope for the best. Your in my prayers. Im sure it wont take very long. :)

Double congratulation!

Hi all I'm back. I was approved and got the stamp. I'll get into more details later, but I need to go back out to get my wedding reception seating photo chart printed out at Staples, and a bunch of other wedding stuff. Thanks again everyone, and I wish you all good luck.

JAN08FILER, congratulation on your GC and also your wedding on Sunday. I'm sure that's a great feeling to know that you have one less thing to be concern about.

Enjoy

Unusual process

As you guys can see in my timeline, I have applied almost 2.5 months ago but haven't got anything regarding the biometric and it concerned me a lot. I called the CS couple of times but didn't get any respond from those idiots (sorry but most of them have no idea what they are talking about). So I made an infopass for today and went to my DO. I was trying to get the officer to take my fingerprint/picture so I can get it over with but he told me they can't do it before it has been scheduled for me. Since he noticed that I'm really concern he asked me to wait so he can look at my case. After 10 min. he told me that my I-765 (working permit) has been approved on March 17 (I had a soft update on that day but it still says "case pending"!!!!!
Any way, I don't know what to make out of this but it's unusual because they didn't do the biometric for me and even if the I-765 has been approved I should have got the card by now, it has been more than 20 days!!! So the officer told me he would send a note to Lee's Summit for the follow up.
I guess I can't do anything but waiting more!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I need it too

@ Nothere
Aww that really sucks! But dont u worry, Im sure you wd get ur EAD soon now. We filed on the same date, I think you might get your Ead and IL at the same time. Lets just hope for the best. Your in my prayers. Im sure it wont take very long. :)

Sharina,

Don't forget me in your prayers lady. I need it too......
C'mon USCIS send me a new IL soon.....hurry up :mad:

Look @ you

Awesome news. You made my day. Extremely happy for you. Man, what a feeling. GC approved today & getting ready to tie the knot in few days.

Congrats and enjoy.

Good luck & write some details about your interview when you get sometime.

Hi all, just came back from the hall and finally dropped off the favors, poster, cash box, final payment, etc. Wow, it's been a hectic couple of weeks! Good thing I took off of work tomorrow so I can get some much needed rest. I'll have to go to the SSA tomorrow to get the "VALID ONLY WITH WORK AUTHORIZATION" stamp taken off my SS card, and I've already passed by the DMV today to get the "TEMPORARY VISITOR STATUS" off of my DL.

Anyway, on to the details of the interview (scheduled for 2PM):

We arrived at Garden City at 1:30, went through the security check and submitted our letter at Window 1. My lawyer arrived at around 1:50, and we were called up to the 2nd floor at 2:15. At around 2:30, a nice lady called us into her office. She swore us in, then we all sat down.

She asked for her drivers license, and my passport. She took the I-94 and stapled it onto a page in our file. She asked my wife where we met, my birth date, city and country I was born, how many brothers and sisters I have, my parents names and what I do for work.

She then asked me when was the last time I entered the US, if I went to school here, and all the NO questions. That's basically it, I don't remember any other questions directed towards me.

She asked for joint paperwork, so we gave her joint bank statements, apartment lease agreements, auto and health insurance cards, statement for our engagement ring/wedding rings insurance, and cell phone bill with family plan with me as the secondary line. We also told her we are having our ceremony this Sunday, so she asked to see a sample of our invitation. She said it was very nice and our lawyer suggested for her to keep it for her file.

She then asked for photos. We had a very large bag full of albums, but my wife picked out the album with the night of our engagement, engagement photos, and our town hall marriage. She asked my wife to give her two photos of us together to keep. She asked if we are planning on having a honeymoon and my wife said we will when she gets some vacation time, because she just started her new job. I threw in there that we want to go to the Bahamas for our honeymoon.

She then said I wish I had good news for you today but your background check is still pending. She then said that it usually takes around 6 months. She then proceeded to check whether it has cleared yet, and after about a minute on the computer she says "oh I have very good news for you!". She then said that the background check has cleared.

She congratulated us and then told us that she will hang on to the passport and send it downstairs to get stamped. We then proceeded downstairs, waited about 15 minutes, and someone from Window 2 called me up and gave me my passport, with the stamp, and handed me a sheet with instructions on how to remove the 2 year condition. She also briefly explained the procedure, and then she wished me well.

The whole process took about 2 hours, and the interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. It was definitely a breeze, and nothing to stress about. During the entire time I was calm, looked the officer in the eye, and felt very confident since I was well prepared.

My advice to you all: Be well prepared, and you will NOT be nervous at all. I think my wife was more nervous than I was!

To my fellow January filers: I wish you all good luck, and I hope your outcome will be as good as Canuck's and myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Atlanta Brother,
I am praying for you :) and shall continue to pray till we all have our GC in hand! :D

@Jan08Filer,
I am so happy for you. Hope ours is also as smooth as urs. :) Congrats once again!!!

Jan08Filer - This is a SupER happy week altogether. AWesome that you got your stamp mate. You're done. You are FREE TO EnJOY your wedding AND you get to do what we all couldn't ... do the honeymoon after the wedding. that is just incredible!

Jan08Filer,WOO HOO!! Another January filer through!! Congratulations! I couldn't agree with you more - the more prepared you are, the more confident and less nervous you'll be. :D Time to celebrate!

Rose_uw, that is weird. I didn't know they could approve an I765 without a FP? Keep us posted on that one....

Tough luck

I have been to interview yesterday with my wife. Everything went well, but then at the end the officer said my namecheck has not cleared yet. He reminded me of the 6-month waiting period for the namecheck (starting from Jan 9).
It is very annoying. :mad:

As you guys can see in my timeline, I have applied almost 2.5 months ago but haven't got anything regarding the biometric and it concerned me a lot. I called the CS couple of times but didn't get any respond from those idiots (sorry but most of them have no idea what they are talking about). So I made an infopass for today and went to my DO. I was trying to get the officer to take my fingerprint/picture so I can get it over with but he told me they can't do it before it has been scheduled for me. Since he noticed that I'm really concern he asked me to wait so he can look at my case. After 10 min. he told me that my I-765 (working permit) has been approved on March 17 (I had a soft update on that day but it still says "case pending"!!!!!
Any way, I don't know what to make out of this but it's unusual because they didn't do the biometric for me and even if the I-765 has been approved I should have got the card by now, it has been more than 20 days!!! So the officer told me he would send a note to Lee's Summit for the follow up.
I guess I can't do anything but waiting more!!!!!

you might want to make an info pass, because that is unusual, and has nothing to do with your district office, the NBC and MSC usually takes care of that, therefore i'd go over and ask for a service request on your biometrics, tell them that you are worried that the mail might be lost, or something, usualy one only receives LUDs, after doing the Biometrics, so i would definately check with them, wont cost you anything!