Any January filers out there?!?!

LKBECTZ,

Yes, unfortunately I was also one of the victims of RFE. RFE these days are pretty common so there is nothing to worry about. It can delay your case by a week or two. Since you haven't received your FP notice yet, as soon as they have your RFE in the system, you will get a notice of FP in the mail.

Since your RFE just made it to MO today, I would give it by end of next week
latest for USCIS to put it in their system. You can still go online early next week & check your status online. The online status will say. Case resumed and you will be good to go. Keep us posted. Good luck.

Thanks for reply me, Atlanta Brother.

My problem is I can see I-130/I-765 online, but not I-485. And my RFE is related to I-485. I just worried about I sent RFE back to MO 64064, why after arrived, USPS forward to another zip code MO 64002? Is this normal?
Because actually I sent all forms/documents in one package at the beginning of March, but still received RFE for the Form which I already sent before, in order to have my case be processed, I sent it again and just don't want be lost again!

first it arrives at the main Post office in Missouri ( one zipcode )
then they process it there, and decide which mail person/ sub-office will deliver it, and often send it off to the sub/smaller office , from there
then the mail person delivers it to the USCIS office at the correct zipcode.

it's completely normal :) You must live in a small town with only one zipcode :) I envy you if you do ... because cities are such busy places where people in the end are only as important as their zipcode in some cases ... but it's completely totally normal. I sent all my packages from a post office which is in a completely differnt zipcode from my home even - and it was the closest one.

first it arrives at the main Post office in Missouri ( one zipcode )
then they process it there, and decide which mail person/ sub-office will deliver it, and often send it off to the sub/smaller office , from there
then the mail person delivers it to the USCIS office at the correct zipcode.

it's completely normal :) You must live in a small town with only one zipcode :) I envy you if you do ... because cities are such busy places where people in the end are only as important as their zipcode in some cases ... but it's completely totally normal. I sent all my packages from a post office which is in a completely differnt zipcode from my home even - and it was the closest one.

Thanks, Feb08Filer, I understand what you said. My concern only according to RFE, I submit to Lees Summit, MO 64064. But Post Office forward the mail to MO 64002, not like REF letter said. Maybe I am too worry, but anyway, thanks again.

Please Answer!

My mother case have been transfer to California S.C. since02/20/08. I-130 got approved but for I-485 they have senf a RFE. From what I have read in this forum most of you have got RFE from MO. Has any body fot RFE from California Service Center. PLEASE!! ANYBODY!!

Our GC interview got cancelled

Hi all,

Just wanted to keep our Jan filers posted. Just got a call from my attorneys office to let me know that my wife's GC interview scheduled for May 13th has been cancelled by USCIS due to unforseen circumstances. I am just worried as we were looking forward to this day.

Has anybody expereinced that before or got any cancellation notices in the past. Please share your experience with me. Too many questions running on my mind. How much delay can this create? What went wrong etc etc.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

My timeline:

Atlanta DO

Sent complete package
(approved I-130, I-485, I-864, G325 & medical report): Jan 16th, 2008
Received by USCIS: Jan 19th
FP Notice sent: Jan 29th
RFE sent by USCIS: Feb 7th
RFE received: Feb 19th
RFE sent back to USCIS: Feb 20th
FP done: Feb 22nd
RFE sent back again using certified mail: Feb 29th
RFE received by USCIS: March 3rd
Case resumed: March 5th
IL received: March 20th
Interview Date: May 13th @ 8:30am
Interview cancelled: April 7th.

really they could be closed that day, or the IO that was assigned the case will be off, or sick... not much to worry about! it will be speedy still!

WTF !!!!! I don't usually talk like this but Atlanta that is out of the ordinary indeed!
Is it perhaps a national holiday on May 13th? It's a Tuesday, which rules out it being Fri. 13th ... Let's assume the best. Let's assume it has to do with the only IO in Atlanta who conducts interviews who needs to take time off for childbirth or something else that is good like this. or perhaps they're changing the Interview hours to not be so supremely early ... Think positive friend, Let's keep the optimism.

You sound like my attorney

really they could be closed that day, or the IO that was assigned the case will be off, or sick... not much to worry about! it will be speedy still!

csantos,

This is exactly what my attorney told me, word by word. I just wanted to hear from you guys if I should loose my sleep over it. csantos, is this your guess or have you seen this happening with someone you know or have known in the past? Thx csantos.

Feb08filer, thanks for your +ve response as well.

Atlanta, though, I admit I'd be really freaked out by it, I'm sure they'll reschedule soon. There is nothing going on in your file that prompted the cancellation, I'm sure. Maybe the IO is going on vacation, is going on maternity, who knows?

You'll hear something soon!

You people are my hope

Atlanta, though, I admit I'd be really freaked out by it, I'm sure they'll reschedule soon. There is nothing going on in your file that prompted the cancellation, I'm sure. Maybe the IO is going on vacation, is going on maternity, who knows?

You'll hear something soon!

Let's hope so Canuck_in_Cali, I really do. What makes me get going is, I have other Jan filers like mazam, nothere, Rose_W, sweetcityeife and many more with me in this wait. I pray that everyone's wait is over soon.

All the best my friend

Please wish me luck tomorrow!

Best of luck to you for your interview this morning. I was thinking of you this morning when I woke up. My mind was so upset from yesterday but I remembered that somebody has an interview scheduled for today (4-8-08) and it's you :)

Give us the good news soon. We can't wait and we need lots of details ;).

Later.