Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Hi All,

I have a question: My husband(USC) and I got married back home in a tradition way and we did came here and did our legal marriage in the court house followed by reception. We want to take all the wedding photos to our interview although we didn't do any paperwork back home, officially our wedding date is the one we did in courthouse here, so I was wondering whether to mention/take all photos that took place in back home?

Thanks in advance :)

Green Card Approved !!

Great News...GC has been approved for my parents. Interview lasted about 15 minutes.

My parents cannot speak great english but can manage. So we did not require a translator.

I posted this for Feb thread as PD is 1/31.

USC sponsoring parents (India) at Dallas, TX

Our interview times were at 45 minutes apart. However we got called in at the same time. The officer asked for my ID, my parent's passports and EAD cards. No other documents were asked - we prepared for the worst. I had taken my US passport, my SS card, Name change, Naturalization certificate etc. as well as originals submitted for their application.

As soon as we entered, all 3 of us raised our hands and swore we would tell the truth and nothing but the truth. We sat down (he had exactly 3 chairs) though the chairs were a little further away from him. He did my dad's interview first (cannot hear properly), so he moved closer to the interviewer. He said "Based on your application form and this interview, I am approving this petition for Permanent Residence". He then asked the same questions :cool: to my mom and said the same thing.

Typical questions asked:
1. What is your current address (to me)?
21. Is this your signature (shows the page where we signed)?
3. How many kids to do you have (to my parents)?
4. When did you enter US (to my parents)?
5. Are you a member of ...., Did you help enter anybody illegally?-- type questions. My parents were asked only about 4 to 5 these type of questions. Our answers were NO. These questions are from 485 application form.

Then he did some paperwork - put checkmarks at multiple pages of application form.

He gave 1 sheet which gives the rules for GC like cannot stay outside for more than 180 days etc....If anybody is interested in this page, I can scan it and post it here.

It was smooth as glass.

Great Service -not just because he approved it ;);), but he was so friendly, smooth and really put my parents at ease when we went to his room.

In about 1 hour after the interview, I got my emails and text pages that the application was approved and a card has been ordered for production. 5 days later (today), I got another email and text that condition has been changed but the website does not show what was changed. I suspect that the card has been mailed already.

We were slowed down a v bit for processing due to RFE (Non-availability BC).

(0) - 01/28/11 - Package Sent by Priority Mail
(3) - 01/31/11 - Package Delivered
(3) - 01/31/11 - Priority Date
(10) - 02/07/11 - USCIS Delivery Confirmation Email
(10) - 02/07/11 - Check cashed for $1490 + $1490
(24) - 02/21/11 - Received RFE - Non-availability Birth of Certificate - :mad::mad::mad:
(49) - 03/18/11 - Received Biometrics date
(66) - 04/04/11 - Biometrics date
(83) - 04/21/11 - Sent RFE docs
(99) - 05/07/11 - Received Interview letter
(105) - 05/13/11 - Received EAD/Travel parole Combo card
(133) - 06/10/11 - Interview and approved :D:D:D
(141) - 6/18/2011 - Received GC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys...a quick post before we head for home again...

Interview went well, no approval or denial given (am worried only because the IO seemed very frozen)

Her last line was " I will have to review your file and then make my decision"

Details of the interview once we get home, lets hope I have some good notification come my way before I get back on here to give yall the whole story...

Seems like I will be travelling on my AP document for now...makes me sad but I will not loose hope!
Thanks again for everything you guys :)

i know u r approved..just wait for email from them..good lck..n tell ur interview experience. what was the officer like?

Hi All,

I have a question: My husband(USC) and I got married back home in a tradition way and we did came here and did our legal marriage in the court house followed by reception. We want to take all the wedding photos to our interview although we didn't do any paperwork back home, officially our wedding date is the one we did in courthouse here, so I was wondering whether to mention/take all photos that took place in back home?

Thanks in advance :)

@immig4us - You can take all the photos. Mine was a similar case, though my wedding in the USA was a real simple affair with no fanfare. The interviewer seemed more interested in the pictures from the traditional than the American one :D
He even kept a few copies for the file which will be buried somewhere in Kentucky for eternity (according to him).

Been away for a while now. Sorry about that guys. Hope everyone's doing good. Congratulations to everyone who are approved and have received their GCs and good luck to people who have their interviews coming up.

Hey guys...a quick post before we head for home again...

Interview went well, no approval or denial given (am worried only because the IO seemed very frozen)

Her last line was " I will have to review your file and then make my decision"

Details of the interview once we get home, lets hope I have some good notification come my way before I get back on here to give yall the whole story...

Seems like I will be travelling on my AP document for now...makes me sad but I will not loose hope!

Thanks again for everything you guys :)

@Noella

Hope you are doing good buddy. Congratulation on the successful interview. I know you were a bit concerned about that so I am really glad to hear that it went well. As everyone else on this forum, I too feel that you have been approved. You just have to wait for a couple of days. And who know, you might have received an online approval as I type this. So don't worry, relax and wait for the good things to happen.

Waiting for hear about your experience now.

Question - Do you think it is acceptable to take printouts of photographs? I have all my photos online and can easily print off 5/6 different photos from different occasion??

My interview is tomorrow ;)

Hey guys...

Thanks a whole bunch yet again for all the wonderful & encouraging notes :)

It was a super long & very exhausting trip so I am sorry about not sharing my experience sooner...

Well our appointment was at 10:40am. We left the hotel at 9:00am however the magic of Dallas - we reached the USCIS offices at 10:35!!!!

My heart was pounding coz I thought that if they called our name earlier we would have missed the appointment!!!!

Anyhow, we just about got through the security check and sat down and we were called in, talk about a close call lol!

Our IO was a very quiet and strict looking lady, I wondered if something was wrong because it did not feel right with her attitude...

We walked into her room & she did the oath ceremony.

We then sat down and she went about cleaning her desk (from the last interview I guess) and opened our file.

She went through papers and for teh first 10 minutes we sat still without a word being spoken.

Then she asked my husband what my parents names were, his ssn, my DOB (and he got it right ;)) she then proceeded to ask me his name, where we got married and our address.

She then took a pause as she got a call on her phone, as I mentioned earlier, she said she was tired and said she would talk to the individual later again.

She asked us both individually if we lived together, on more than one occassion.

She showed us documents that we had signed to confirm they were our signatures and then asked my hubby how we met, my hubby explained how we met online and in person. Once he was done he stopped talking, I had adviced him not to blabber more than asked as IO's dont really like that. I gauged her dislike for too much banter right from the get go as we were walking towards the interview room as my hubby explained to her how we got lost & made it just in time and she was like "aha".

Anyhow once my hubby explained how we met she goes "that it?" so then my hubby shared pretty much all he could abt our 1 plus year of marriage and our impending trip to India. She saw some of the pics, I had to remind her I had an album!

Once this talk was done, she went on to explain that she would review our file and make a decision. She said we would hear of the decision in a few days and if she approved the application we would get the GC in the mail in 3 weeks and if she does not approve it then we have to follow the instructions on the NOA we get.

She then asked me if I had any documents I wanted her to have, so I gave her copies of bank documents, lease agreement and tax return. She said she would not accept any documents that did not have both our names on the document o_O I was surprised that she never asked for our passports or Govt issued ID's or anything that showed me living at the same address like phone bills or cable bill.

Anyway we left after that, she really was quiet and cold so I did not say anything although I did try and confirm with her that I could make this trip to India based on the AP and not have any issues and she said that what I need to do. I also asked her in case the GC came in the mail, would I need to ask fmaily here to fax me a copy so I can show that at the port of entry when we return and she said I would need to hav ethe GC in hand otherwise the AP would do.

So that was all, mixed feelings but I know we did our best, the rest is her call I guess!

Any questions are welcome :)

@Noella

Hope you are doing good buddy. Congratulation on the successful interview. I know you were a bit concerned about that so I am really glad to hear that it went well. As everyone else on this forum, I too feel that you have been approved. You just have to wait for a couple of days. And who know, you might have received an online approval as I type this. So don't worry, relax and wait for the good things to happen.

Waiting for hear about your experience now.

Thanks pal!

I am worried, but holding on and keeping the faith!

Have not heard on mail/text or online about any changes to the case so I guess just praying to God that we get through this one too...

Its been a long journey....looking for the light at the end of this tunnel now ;)

Question - Do you think it is acceptable to take printouts of photographs? I have all my photos online and can easily print off 5/6 different photos from different occasion??

My interview is tomorrow ;)

Good luck for the interview ctraquair. Taking printouts is alright, but it won't hurt much ordering it online through Walmart and Walgreens and picking it using their 1 hour service? You certainly want to have a good impression on the IO to show you are prepared and not taking it lightly. It helps in certain ways. Just my 2 cents.

@Noella

Thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of us. From what it looks like, you guys did pretty good at the interview - answered everything and provided whatever was needed. You guys look all set. But the IO was tired at 11 o'clock in the morning? LOL! It was pure bad luck that you got the cold vibes that you got. Never mind her. I have had bad luck chasing me all my life as far as immigration goes (my first L1 visa was rejected then approved and then rejected during the extension blah blah). It all depends on the IO I guess. But GC cases are far less random than visa cases. So sit back and just wait for the approval. I don't see any reason for anything otherwise.

@Noella

Thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of us. From what it looks like, you guys did pretty good at the interview - answered everything and provided whatever was needed. You guys look all set. But the IO was tired at 11 o'clock in the morning? LOL! It was pure bad luck that you got the cold vibes that you got. Never mind her. I have had bad luck chasing me all my life as far as immigration goes (my first L1 visa was rejected then approved and then rejected during the extension blah blah). It all depends on the IO I guess. But GC cases are far less random than visa cases. So sit back and just wait for the approval. I don't see any reason for anything otherwise.

Yup i could not agree more on the bad luck of getting an IO who is tired on a tuesday at 11:00am :D

anyhow like you very correctly said, wait and watch....and pray some ;)

Thanks again for the encouragement, for once I thought the waiting game was over, man was I wrong but I am gonna stay positive & I know we will make it!

Dont worry very soon you will be letting us know that u got the email saying that ur case is approved..:) and then you can send those good vibes to us..:p
Yup i could not agree more on the bad luck of getting an IO who is tired on a tuesday at 11:00am :D

anyhow like you very correctly said, wait and watch....and pray some ;)

Thanks again for the encouragement, for once I thought the waiting game was over, man was I wrong but I am gonna stay positive & I know we will make it!

@TonyGman

So now that I think about it, I think I assigned myself as the agent during the application in the beginning of the process (if that is possible). They may have sent me this email again as a standard part of the process, but there wasn't actually a form for me to fill out.

Then I got the email about the fee. I paid it and now it shows paid. Check back often because mine only processed in a day or two.

I'm in the same boat as you for the i864. I'm just waiting for something for my 2010 taxes and then I will send in the form...hopefully Friday or Monday the latest. I have the rest of the form filled out ready and waiting. Are you including transcripts from 2009 and 2008 as well?

I guess after that we'll see what the next step is. I'm not sure how soon after the i864 we can expect an interview (if that is the next step). My husband is in Belgium so he will have his interview at the US Embassy there.

Best of luck!

Hey staticfade56 , how long did it take for NVC to send you the first package. It's been two weeks since we got the I-130 approved at USCIS and we have received no email or package as yet. I tried calling them and they said that they see nothing for us. Should I try again or wait? We are first priority if your wondering.

Green Card Approved!!! Interview was fantastic

I had my interview in Atlanta today, June 16th....heres how it went,

Interview was set for 1.45pm and i arrived at the center around 1.30pm. Checked in to first floor and was given a reciept number to take to the 3rd floor of the USCIS building. I had read previously from many cases that they entered the waiting room and were usually waiting alone or with one or two other couples. Shocker...the waiting room was full, about 100 people :eek: i started to get a little nervous as up until that point i wasnt the slightest bit worried. It started to get worse when an interviewing officer came out and started rasing his voice in the waiting room and warning people about being loud and to move to the other side of the room if using cell phone. There were a few intimidating IO's prior to us getting called and it was looking bleak..then i hear my number..a nice little older man, soft spoken, friendly and talked from the moment we went up to him! "Hello, how are you guys, follow me"..i thought..brilliant!! Ive struck lucky today lol,

We went back to his office and he made us feel very welcome! Was very quick at going through each step after swearing us in and never once did we feel pressured or stuck for answers. Asked us the basic questions from my application and then how we met! He never hung around on answers, accepted what we said and moved on and never tried to catch us out! Within a few mins of covering the basics of the application he asked for our photos and support documents. We had 4 photos, and 7 printouts from facebook photos! He said he didnt want to take our actual photos and said the print outs were fine, again im thinking..thats very nice. He then took our bills and said..."thats fine, thats enough"..all i gave was water bill, car insurance, power bill, rental agreement! He said thats plenty but did say that when removing conditions it would be best to not leave anything for question and make sure we have joint account in our name as it will prevent any future visits or questions. He then printed out 2 peices of paper, made me and my wife sign them and explained what each piece of paper meant..once was about my greencard being approved and i think the other is just a statement regarding the whole situation...formalities really! He said :thats it, guys..listen to your wife and behave..we had a little laugh, and remove the conditions on time and youll be set and have no issues. We shook his hand, thanked him and walked out thinking..that might have been the nicest, easiest situation ive ever had the pleasure to be involved in ;););)

Absolutely delighted at how easy it was!

Received the texts and emails on the way home saying card has been ordered, should receive within 3 weeks!

Good luck to all still waiting, thanks for all the help we have received/been involved in as a group on here. I look forward to working with you guys again in 2 years time

Woooooohooooooooooo :cool:

I had my interview in Atlanta today, June 16th....heres how it went,

Interview was set for 1.45pm and i arrived at the center around 1.30pm. Checked in to first floor and was given a reciept number to take to the 3rd floor of the USCIS building. I had read previously from many cases that they entered the waiting room and were usually waiting alone or with one or two other couples. Shocker...the waiting room was full, about 100 people :eek: i started to get a little nervous as up until that point i wasnt the slightest bit worried. It started to get worse when an interviewing officer came out and started rasing his voice in the waiting room and warning people about being loud and to move to the other side of the room if using cell phone. There were a few intimidating IO's prior to us getting called and it was looking bleak..then i hear my number..a nice little older man, soft spoken, friendly and talked from the moment we went up to him! "Hello, how are you guys, follow me"..i thought..brilliant!! Ive struck lucky today lol,

We went back to his office and he made us feel very welcome! Was very quick at going through each step after swearing us in and never once did we feel pressured or stuck for answers. Asked us the basic questions from my application and then how we met! He never hung around on answers, accepted what we said and moved on and never tried to catch us out! Within a few mins of covering the basics of the application he asked for our photos and support documents. We had 4 photos, and 7 printouts from facebook photos! He said he didnt want to take our actual photos and said the print outs were fine, again im thinking..thats very nice. He then took our bills and said..."thats fine, thats enough"..all i gave was water bill, car insurance, power bill, rental agreement! He said thats plenty but did say that when removing conditions it would be best to not leave anything for question and make sure we have joint account in our name as it will prevent any future visits or questions. He then printed out 2 peices of paper, made me and my wife sign them and explained what each piece of paper meant..once was about my greencard being approved and i think the other is just a statement regarding the whole situation...formalities really! He said :thats it, guys..listen to your wife and behave..we had a little laugh, and remove the conditions on time and youll be set and have no issues. We shook his hand, thanked him and walked out thinking..that might have been the nicest, easiest situation ive ever had the pleasure to be involved in ;););)

Absolutely delighted at how easy it was!

Received the texts and emails on the way home saying card has been ordered, should receive within 3 weeks!

Good luck to all still waiting, thanks for all the help we have received/been involved in as a group on here. I look forward to working with you guys again in 2 years time

Woooooohooooooooooo :cool:

Congrats. You are so lucky to have a nice IO, although I would assume you woud have been fine without one.
I'm still waiting for mine, my spouse and I had our interview May 10th but no word from them yet!!!!

@Melz400

I received the approval for the I-130 from USCIS on May 24. I received the first notification from NVC on June 9. I will update my signature as well. Hope that helps!