Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Immiresearch- You dont have to bring the co-sponsors tax document and the pay stubs if you had already submitted one in your original application. My suggestion is that if you had submitted the 2009 tax transcript for your sponsor(spouse) and co-sponsor(joint sponsor), you should get a 2010 tax transcript and take it to the interview. They always like to have a copy of the latest tax returns. They may not ask for it, but its good to have it just in case.

I submitted the 2009 and i will be going in with 2010 returns. Thanks guy

I am getting so EXCITED for you guys with then interviews on the 7th & for the rest of the month! Just relax..I'm sure everything will go great and my prayers go out that everyone gets an instant approval!
@Gelia-omg did that freak me out--knowing my luck & my hubby's they would probably just stop short of our application. I hope our economic situation does not affect Immigration since we have some pretty hefty filing fees:)
@INDUZ---Rock that interview tomorrow and can't wait to hear the details!
@emperorraj--Welcome,you will love it here~everyone is so supportive!

@Everyone else--thanks for listening to me whine these past few weeks and thx for your support & kind words!
I think i'm finally dealing with my bad luck with humor;)

Hi, I noticed that NOA was received but rejected. What was the reason? what wrong box did you check?

On the I485 I checked Box B instead of Box A..my husband already had an approved Visa number,he didn't have a priority date so they sent everything back & told me to check box A. I sent it back the next day and still didn't hear anything as of yet...

A quick update on my case -

Had previously entered card ordered/production stage for EAD and card approved stage for AP.

5 days later my AP hadnt advanced to card ordered/production and then i recieved an update on EAD saying it was now entering card approval stage, thus moving back a step.

I called the service center and they asked me a few questions and decided to redirect me to some other department. The woman from the other department was very direct and helpful. She looked into my case and told me that the card been sent as a combo card and that the website was having some major issues and just to ignore it. She then told me it had been sent out priority mail with USPS from Kentucky yesterday morning and provided me a tracking number to trace it.

I am expecting EAD and AP together in the mail by Friday

Hoorah.

A quick update on my case -

Had previously entered card ordered/production stage for EAD and card approved stage for AP.

5 days later my AP hadnt advanced to card ordered/production and then i recieved an update on EAD saying it was now entering card approval stage, thus moving back a step.

I called the service center and they asked me a few questions and decided to redirect me to some other department. The woman from the other department was very direct and helpful. She looked into my case and told me that the card been sent as a combo card and that the website was having some major issues and just to ignore it. She then told me it had been sent out priority mail with USPS from Kentucky yesterday morning and provided me a tracking number to trace it.

I am expecting EAD and AP together in the mail by Friday

Hoorah.

@ctraquair - Congratulations to you buddy! You were lucky to find a customer service officer who had so much information in hand. Most others who call just get an answer to call back after certain number of days (happened with me too :)).
Hoorah is right!

It seems like there are quite a few of us preparing for the interview now. I tried to get all my necessary documents organized according to the check list on the Interview NOA. Please share if you think there is anything else to add.

All NOAs including the interview letter. + Government-issued ID
Tax return transcript or W2 etc.
Letter from employer with current rate of pay and hours
Pay stub for the last 2 months
My husband's proof of USC (passport)
Marriage certificate
EAD or AP if any
My passport/I-94/I-20(?)
My birth certificate + translated version + translation certify
My husband's birth certificate
Joint bank account letter
Car insurance
Renter's insurance
Utility bills
Copy of Lease agreement
Photos

I have been religiously checking this thread since I filed I-130/I-485 concurrently on February 7th, 2011 for my Mother. I am a Naturalized USC and she arrived here on her B2 Visa.

This forum has really helped me keep calm knowing the rough timeline based on everyone's cases. I have finally decided to contribute my information so it can help others as it has helped me.

I am happy to announce that my mother's EAD is showing in production as of today April 5, 2011. I have not had any luck getting any case status online until today and except for this one status none of the other receipt numbers work. This is really exciting especially when there is no online tracking to rely on. Once again thank you guys for your updates and looks like Atlanta is finally catching up a little.

ASC: Atlanta, GA

Day 01: 02/07/2011 - I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 package sent USPS Priority Mail
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Package Received
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 08: 02/14/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 25: 03/05/2011 - Notice for biometrics received in the mail (March 21, 2011)
Day 34: 03/15/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 58: 04/05/2011 - EAD Production Ordered I 765 traceable on Case Status

Good for you! :)

Sounds similar to my case.

Updated sig!

Update:

Got my NOA Finally after all these damn days and it's another FRICKEN REJECTION Notice. Now, the filing fees are wrong. I went over & over the website and it says $1010. So, I finally called and she told me they are $1070..well why didn't they tell me that in my first rejection letter...I mean seruiously, WTF...lol,sorry guys but I am really annoyed. How did you all know it changed to 1070 when it's not update online yet?

Ughhhhhhhhh

maraL

You definitely did not read, or probably didn't understand, the instructions very well. I will advise that you painstakingly go through all your forms again before mailing the third time.
Goodluck!

maraL

The filing fees for I-485 was $1010 before and it seems you probably used the old versions of USCIS forms. If that is the case, you are likely to get rejection for the THIRD time if you correct only the filing fees.
Goodluck!

@maraL

I am so sorry to hear that. It cannot get anymore frustrating that this and all the waiting can get on one's nerves. As yemroy suggested, go through all the instructions on the form carefully before sending them again. It would also be a good idea to get your forms verified from a lawyer or from someone who has done it in the past, before sending them again. There are a lot of immigration lawyers who do not charge much for reviewing the forms and the filing fees.
As they say, third time is a charm and I am sure in your case it would be. Good luck!

maraL- That really sucks. My advice for you is to do three things
1) Check the USCIS website for all the forms you sent, download the Instructions and read them twice, it might seem like alot of work but it will save you a headache
2) Make sure you have the right form revisions, since you paid fees that are oudated, i have a feeling that some of the forms you filed are old revisions. If you submit old revisions, you will get another rejection or an RFE.
3) Check and then double check all the forms and the entries to make sure everything is alright. You can have someone double check for you. Good luck and hope this time that all will be well

Induz- Goodluck tomorrow in your interview and i will be praying for you. I know you will rock the interview with your spouse.

Oh now we're talking :)

"Card/ Document Production.
On April 4, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. "

I'm guessing it'll take a week or two to get the EAD?

Thanks @thompkin.

I have a correction to make. I has posted earlier that my mother's EAD was approved on April 5th but actually I was looking at a wrong receipt number. However, when I checked with the correct receipt numbers this morning well it was still approved except it was done on April 6ht instead of April 5th as originally posted and even the I-131 Advance Parole showed up approved this time. I am still not able to see any status for I-485 and I-130 receipt numbers but I am hoping it a matter of time. Thanks musicaa for your welcome and everyone else for your comments. The corrected list is below

ASC: Atlanta, GA

Day 01: 02/07/2011 - I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 package sent USPS Priority Mail
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Package Received
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 08: 02/14/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 25: 03/05/2011 - Notice for biometrics received in the mail (March 21, 2011)
Day 34: 03/15/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 59: 04/06/2011 - EAD Production Ordered/AP approved I-765 & I-131 traceable on Case Status

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys! Just returned from my interview. I had to wait for a ridiculous 1.5 hours before being called in (and that too after we reminded them that we are waiting too). Everything went on fine! I got approved. Yay! I will be posting a detailed account of how things went later in the day but just wanted to let everyone know that things are fine. Thank you everyone for your wishes and support all through this journey. I will see you all later today!

@induz_ Yay!!!! I am so excited for you!!!! I am sure you are very relieved. Can't wait to hear all about it.:) Congrats!!!!!