Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

@shely - Congratulation on receiving the IL. Good luck with the preparations. There are a lot of resources on this forum itself to guide you. Start collecting all the evidences and go through your relationship milestones with your partner. Good luck again!

@kyuri - Congrats to you too buddy. Do you have your interview in Indianapolis too? If yes, I would have some company :)

Hi everybody, am just gathering all the necessary documents for the interview but there are some things i need to understand from that interview letter. The interview letter states that we need to bring the sponsor and/or co-sponsor's tax document, pay stubs and letter of employment.
The point is, we have already submitted his emplyment letter and tax document with his I-864 during the application so am wondering if he still need to get a new employment letter or the original copy of the one we submitted with application is fine?.. . .and generally what are the documents we need from the co-sponsor for the interview?

@immiresearch,

My appointment letter also states the same except that it asked me to bring those document only if they were not initially submitted. I won't be carrying my sponsor's employment letter or paystubs, but I am carrying the latest W2 (since my sponsor is yet to file the returns) and previous year's 1040. Apart from this, I will be carrying my paystubs (though the letter does not mention that) and my tax returns only.
Good luck preparing for the interview.

Update:

My husband was persistent in wanting to go to our local field office in Milwaukee, WI to ask about are case. We made an info pass and just got back. They told us it's a good thing that we went and that it is very rare to not recieve a NOA after 17 days. So now they put a case inquiry out for our paperwork and also asked us to write a letter & mail it overnight to the Chicao, Il address sayint that our local field office told us to write to them and ask them for an immediate NOA on our case, and if not to please send a NOA stating our paperwork was "misplaced".. They told us it happens ALOT:( They also told us that they WILL NOT do any type of background checks until BIometrics are done so there is no reason as to why we don't have a NOA...

SO off to the post office we go with our letter. Hopefull we see what's really going on now!

@maraL

I am so sorry to hear that you have to go through this. I know that the anxiety sometimes can be too much under these circumstances. It's a good thing that you did make the infopass appointment and have sent the inquiry letter to Chicago. I pray that nothing dire has happened with your application and it’s just a normal processing delay with the USCIS. I hope you received your NOA and biometrics appointment soon.

@shely - Congratulation on receiving the IL. Good luck with the preparations. There are a lot of resources on this forum itself to guide you. Start collecting all the evidences and go through your relationship milestones with your partner. Good luck again!

@kyuri - Congrats to you too buddy. Do you have your interview in Indianapolis too? If yes, I would have some company :)

@induz_ Thank you very much. Are you anxious for your interview in two days??? This weekend my husband and I will be gathering all the docs required. As much as I think I am ready for this, I am a little nervous. I think it is normal. Please, let us know how it goes on Thursday. Good luck!!!

ASC: Naperville, IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 36: 04/04/2011 - IL received in the mail - Interview May 4, 2011 at 11:29am

Hey guys!

Congratulations to each and everyone of you on the wonderful progress you all are making ;) it gives the rest of us a humongous amount of hope that we all will make it there shortly enough!

The car is still in the shop o_O but hopefully we will have it back in time to make my biometrics appt, if not, enterprise here we come lol!

maraL - very sorry to hear about your case, however, look at the brighter side :) you have some action that you can take as compared to "wait 30 days" before you make a move... everything will surely get sorted out, you are in our prayers :)

Looks like my AP will render itself useless....travel plans seem to be getting postponed :( all the way to July! I will surely have to wait till the GC is done with under the circumstances, and then I will have to apply for a re-entry permit!

kyuri314 - If any of these mistakes were an issue, you would not have received a NOA for your I-485 so you are good to go :) and as advised earlier, make sure when you go for your interview, you carry you I-94 so both those questions can be answered with proof in front of the IO if they come up.

I have 8 days to go for my bio so am gonna keep you guys posted of how that went.

Looking fwd to hearing from induz on the details of his interview ;) all the best buddy!!!!

@induz_ Thank you very much. Are you anxious for your interview in two days??? This weekend my husband and I will be gathering all the docs required. As much as I think I am ready for this, I am a little nervous. I think it is normal. Please, let us know how it goes on Thursday. Good luck!!!

Hey Shely
I am a little nervous alright but as far as my case goes, it's a pretty straight-forward one. I entered legally, working legally and I only overstayed my visa expiry by 2 days after my visa extension was denied in 2009 but that is not illegal. I have spent the last couple of weeks collecting all sorts of evidences - joint bank account, joint car ownership, joint car loan, joint auto and health insurance policies, co-signed lease agreements and DLs which have the same address (though the address is outdated since we moved 2 weeks ago to a different apartment), around 75 pictures from our wedding and other ocassions. There may be a few more things I might be overlooking here, but I remember going through my entire collection of mails/papers for the past 1.5 years to collect every evidence of us living together. We did go through a list of all the questions we could find on the internet a month ago and we plan to do the same today and tomorrow.
I just have one concern that I had to register my marriage again here in Indianapolis since the traditional marriage evidence (certificate of marriage provided by the religious establishment) we had back from our home country was not enough as we were informed by the person who filed it on our behalf. But I am sure I will be able to explain it.

And this place will be the first to know about my experience at the interview. Good luck to all of us and please keep me in your prayers

@Noella - Thanks a lot sweety. All my buddies here will be the first to know how it went for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing well. I just saw my status change for I-765 and I-131.

For I-131 it says that they have approved my petition and mailed me a notice. And for I-765 it says that the card production has been ordered. I thought the card was combined and had the work permit as well as the travel permit. Anyone have any experience with that? Also, it says to allow 30 days for the card to be mailed. Does it take that long?

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing well. I just saw my status change for I-765 and I-131.

For I-131 it says that they have approved my petition and mailed me a notice. And for I-765 it says that the card production has been ordered. I thought the card was combined and had the work permit as well as the travel permit. Anyone have any experience with that? Also, it says to allow 30 days for the card to be mailed. Does it take that long?

Hey Gelia,

You would be receiving a combined card only for 131 and 765. Once the application status for I-765 goes back to Post Decision Activity it would mean that they have actually mailed the card to you. It might take another week or two for you to receive it. My application showed the same status online.
Congrats on the EAD/AP.

I love seeing all the updates for my fellow february filers. I'm so happy for all of you, but at the same time its so frustating to see its seems like nothing happens in the Atlanta office. I should've moved to Illinois. ;)

Hope everyone is having a great day. Keep me in your prayers.

Hey Shely,

I am a little nervous alright but as far as my case goes, it's a pretty straight-forward one. I entered legally, working legally and I only overstayed my visa expiry by 2 days after my visa extension was denied in 2009 but that is not illegal. I have spent the last couple of weeks collecting all sorts of evidences - joint bank account, joint car ownership, joint car loan, joint auto and health insurance policies, co-signed lease agreements and DLs which have the same address (though the address is outdated since we moved 2 weeks ago to a different apartment), around 75 pictures from our wedding and other ocassions. There may be a few more things I might be overlooking here, but I remember going through my entire collection of mails/papers for the past 1.5 years to collect every evidence of us living together. We did go through a list of all the questions we could find on the internet a month ago and we plan to do the same today and tomorrow.
I just have one concern that I had to register my marriage again here in Indianapolis again since the traditional marriage evidence (certificate of marriage provided by the religious establishment) we had back our home country was not enough as we were informed by the person who filed it on our behalf. But I am sure I will be able to explain it.

And this place will be the first to know about my experience at the interview. Good luck to all of us and please keep me in your prayers :)

@Noella - Thanks a lot sweety. All my buddies here will be the first to know how it went for me :)

@induz_ You are in my prayers! Don't worry!!! You will be just fine. You have so much more than I do. I got married this past January and we are still in the process of adding my name to everything. I just hope to be able to gather as much as I can to bring to the interview next month. Keep me in your prayers as well, please.

My letter was delivered and signed for by J.C.
I included a G-1125 this time incase they "find" my other paperwork! Let's see how long it take this time around!

@ induz and shely

I didnt get the IL in mail yet so Im not 100% sure but when I checked it on the USCIS website, my DO was Chicago. So I think my interview should be at Chicago.

Since Im having an interview in a month and presumably getting approved on site, I dont see much point on getting EAD card anymore. I mean, since the processing time for GC and EAD card is pretty much the same, it seems kinda odd and inefficient for them. Well, Im not complaining for getting my GC approved as fast as possible though. =)

New member here but want to share update

I have been religiously checking this thread since I filed I-130/I-485 concurrently on February 7th, 2011 for my Mother. I am a Naturalized USC and she arrived here on her B2 Visa.

This forum has really helped me keep calm knowing the rough timeline based on everyone's cases. I have finally decided to contribute my information so it can help others as it has helped me.

I am happy to announce that my mother's EAD is showing in production as of today April 5, 2011. I have not had any luck getting any case status online until today and except for this one status none of the other receipt numbers work. This is really exciting especially when there is no online tracking to rely on. Once again thank you guys for your updates and looks like Atlanta is finally catching up a little.

ASC: Atlanta, GA

Day 01: 02/07/2011 - I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 package sent USPS Priority Mail
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Package Received
Day 03: 02/09/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 08: 02/14/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 25: 03/05/2011 - Notice for biometrics received in the mail (March 21, 2011)
Day 34: 03/15/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 58: 04/05/2011 - EAD Production Ordered I 765 traceable on Case Status

@emperorraj - welcome, I'm happy to see another Atlanta filer and congrats to the EAD production order. Seems like we did the Biometrics walk-in at the same day. Now I'm feeling more frustated and anxious that my case has not been touched since then. Good Luck with everything and keep us updated with your timeline.

Hi everybody, am just gathering all the necessary documents for the interview but there are some things i need to understand from that interview letter. The interview letter states that we need to bring the sponsor and/or co-sponsor's tax document, pay stubs and letter of employment.
The point is, we have already submitted his emplyment letter and tax document with his I-864 during the application so am wondering if he still need to get a new employment letter or the original copy of the one we submitted with application is fine?.. . .and generally what are the documents we need from the co-sponsor for the interview?

Immiresearch- You dont have to bring the co-sponsors tax document and the pay stubs if you had already submitted one in your original application. My suggestion is that if you had submitted the 2009 tax transcript for your sponsor(spouse) and co-sponsor(joint sponsor), you should get a 2010 tax transcript and take it to the interview. They always like to have a copy of the latest tax returns. They may not ask for it, but its good to have it just in case.

Kyuri and Shely- Congrats on the IL. Good luck to all of us.

Induz- Good luck on Thursday. I actually have a friend who has an interview on they same day as you. Let us know how it goes but everything will be ok.

Premansh- Any updates, you have been soo quite buddy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Thomkip

Thanks for the wishes buddy! I am a little nervous but that's just me. I also noticed that another member of this thread Ivka2011 has his/her interview on the same day, but we don't hear a lot from him. I hope everything goes well. Please have us in your prayers.
How is your interview preparation coming along?

Ok guys, there is a constant threat of the federal government shutting down due to no consensus on the budget plans. Will that affect us in any way??? During the last shutdown, there were 200,000 passport applications that went unprocessed so does that mean USCIS will shut down too??? :(

Ok guys, there is a constant threat of the federal government shutting down due to no consensus on the budget plans. Will that affect us in any way??? During the last shutdown, there were 200,000 passport applications that went unprocessed so does that mean USCIS will shut down too??? :(

Hi Gelia,

Regarding your concern, please read from the link I am providing below

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_shutdo.html

I am quoting one part from it here

USCIS Benefits Continue
The USCIS is expected to continue to adjudicate benefits applications and petitions. This is possible because these operations are funded by the filing fees that are submitted with the various applications and petitions. Thus, this portion of the immigration process, commonly utilized by MurthyBulletin and MurthyDotCom readers, will continue.

So as far as I understand, USCIS will continue to function as they are funded from the fees we pay. Hope this helps.

Hey Thomkip

Thanks for the wishes buddy! I am a little nervous but that's just me. I also noticed that another member of this thread Ivka2011 has his/her interview on the same day, but we don't hear a lot from him. I hope everything goes well. Please have us in your prayers.
How is your interview preparation coming along?

My preparations are going good, just been collecting all the relevant documents to be ready. I am really bummed because my lazy bank does not provide statements with two names on the account. We have a joint account but the statements dont show two names. They said that their system does not support two names to be on statement. The bank said they will write a letter that shows the account is joint. I will also bring our checkbook because the checks have two names on them. The interview is 4 hr drive from where we live so we will spend the night at a hotel in my DO the day before the interview.
Goodluck and we will be praying and pulling for you.

@immiresearch,

My appointment letter also states the same except that it asked me to bring those document only if they were not initially submitted. I won't be carrying my sponsor's employment letter or paystubs, but I am carrying the latest W2 (since my sponsor is yet to file the returns) and previous year's 1040. Apart from this, I will be carrying my paystubs (though the letter does not mention that) and my tax returns only.
Good luck preparing for the interview.

I was thinking about the "if they were not initially submitted" phrase too but i was just kind of skeptical. Am definitely going to take the 2010 tax along and hopefully everything should be fine. You will be fine on thursday buddy, God that has been with us all this while will not leave us at the later stage. Thanks for the reply and will definitely have you in prayer.