Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

I sent my stand alone I-485 on 03/14/2011 to Chicago its two weeks already and I have not received email notification stating that the case was received or anything. Now granted that my I-130 was approved last year 06/28/09 and the NVC was holding it until the Priority date became current. My wife later became a citizen and we upgraded that petition with NVC and USCIS to immediate relative. Is this really unusual or does anybody know??????????????????????????????????? I'm really getting impatient

janedoh- Congrats on the IL, now its time to prepare and good luck on that date.

premansh- Congrats on the EAD, you should be able to receive it in the next 7 days. You will probably get another email early next week and that will be the day they are mailing it and you should receive it before the end of next week

ATLI485

Not unsual for me...look at when I sent mine:(

I sent the I485 alone as well...maybe that's why it's taking longer..everyone else seems to have sent the I130 and all other docs..hmmm..something to think about!

ATLI485

Not unsual for me...look at when I sent mine:(

I sent the I485 alone as well...maybe that's why it's taking longer..everyone else seems to have sent the I130 and all other docs..hmmm..something to think about!

Thanks a bunch

Hey you guys....

Its brings me great joy to see the progress being made by all of us ;) also @maraL I understand the feeling of having to wait but complete your 30 days before you call to check on the status of your case.

We could not make a walk-in in Dallas as a car we got for the sole purpose now sits in the shop :/ hopefully we will be doing the bio on the scheduled date it seems!

Not doing very well right now, too many things going on in the house.... see yall soon!

All the best guys xx

No update at all. Its like the file fell off the face of this earth :(

@Maral.....I feel for you. Seems mine is also past the 30 day mark with no letter and no information at all.

@janedoh - Congrats on receiving the IL. Good luck preparing for the interview

@premansh - Congrats on the EAD being approved. My EAD application also showing online only when the same status started showing online. Once the card production is ordered, your application will move back again to Post Decision Activity and that is when they will actually mail it to you. Should not take more than a week for it. Congrats again!

OMG..I just realized that I made some mistakes on I-485. I just learned that I should've put YES on the question "Were you inspected by a US immigration officer?" on Part 3, I-485. I put NO because I thought "being inspected" meant something like being questioned/inspected cuz I looked suspicious or something. Also I left the current USCIS status box as a blank thinking this is my first time filing anything to USCIS and therefore I shouldnt have any status yet. Im nervous now...what should I do..anyone know any similar case and what happened?

I think this is an important issue for you to tackle . You will be better off to open a new thread and ask for suggestion from some senior forum users .

OMG..I just realized that I made some mistakes on I-485. I just learned that I should've put YES on the question "Were you inspected by a US immigration officer?" on Part 3, I-485. I put NO because I thought "being inspected" meant something like being questioned/inspected cuz I looked suspicious or something. Also I left the current USCIS status box as a blank thinking this is my first time filing anything to USCIS and therefore I shouldnt have any status yet. Im nervous now...what should I do..anyone know any similar case and what happened?

Hey Everyone,

congrats to everyone who has received their IL or EAD. NO new updates here, I'm going call the USCIS and see if I'm able to expedite my EAD. I wish there was some kind of movement, this waiting is relaly getting to me.

@kyuri314 - I put NO on Part 3, I485 as well. Because I wasnt really "inspected" - all they did was stamp my passport when I went thru customs. Now I'm worried.

Hey just updating

Havnt been on in a while been really busy and finally made it to IRS office to get Verification of Non filing - I sent off my RFE on 4/1 and it was received on 4/2 but not signed for and still not signed for yet . I think this is gonna be a long process for us we never received a biometrics appointment and i noticed other people who got RFE's still got BIO appointments . I guess we just needa stay positive and patient. Glad alot of yall have their EAD and appointment letters very happy for everyone moving along so well > God Bless

Last edited by a moderator:

You will be able to explain that during your interview. They will correct the form and may be you have to sign it again. Take the proof (I-94) of your current status to the interview.

Just an example of something similar. My friend's wife had applied for the green card of her first husband more than 10 years ago. When filling the application, my friend overlooked the question about any other people the petitioner has filled for and mark "none". During the interview, the officer asked him if he knew she has petitioned for somebody else. He answered "yes". Then the Officer asked him, why in the form they mark "none". He explained that he overlooked the question, they show proof of the termination of her first marriage and the birth certificates of the kids she have from her first husband. The officer corrected the form, and asked them to sign it. That was it.

Update:

My husband was persistent in wanting to go to our local field office in Milwaukee, WI to ask about are case. We made an info pass and just got back. They told us it's a good thing that we went and that it is very rare to not recieve a NOA after 17 days. So now they put a case inquiry out for our paperwork and also asked us to write a letter & mail it overnight to the Chicao, Il address sayint that our local field office told us to write to them and ask them for an immediate NOA on our case, and if not to please send a NOA stating our paperwork was "misplaced".. They told us it happens ALOT:( They also told us that they WILL NOT do any type of background checks until BIometrics are done so there is no reason as to why we don't have a NOA...

SO off to the post office we go with our letter. Hopefull we see what's really going on now!

Yeh centella is correct. Your app has been accepted. No rfe's and u have done your biometrics. Just explain at interview and u should be good. Once u have ur. I 94

BTW...got my EAD today...woooot

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody, am just gathering all the necessary documents for the interview but there are some things i need to understand from that interview letter. The interview letter states that we need to bring the sponsor and/or co-sponsor's tax document, pay stubs and letter of employment.
The point is, we have already submitted his emplyment letter and tax document with his I-864 during the application so am wondering if he still need to get a new employment letter or the original copy of the one we submitted with application is fine?.. . .and generally what are the documents we need from the co-sponsor for the interview?

@MaraL

Atleast you kow the problem now. Hopefully there will be some progress now.

Hi everyone...Happy Monday!!! Hope everyone is doing great.

Just an update on my case. I got the interview letter in the mail today...hooray!!! I am so excited. Our interview will be on May 4th at 11:29am :)

Good luck to you all!!! I am always praying for all of us to get through this process at ease.

Best.
Shely

ASC: Naperville, IL
Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - AL for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011). Unsuccessful walk-in
Day 22: 03/21/2011 - Biometrics Done Successful walk in
Day 36: 04/04/2011 - IL received in the mail - Interview May 4, 2011 at 11:29am

@Shely - congrats to your IL, wow you pretty much raced thru the process. So happy for you. Good Luck with the Interview. Let us know how it goes.

@MaraL - So sorry to hear about your lost package. (or whatever might happened to it) That sucks. I really hope everything will work out for you and go smootly from her on out.

I called the USCIS today and put in my request to expedite my EAD. So fingers crossed i will hear some good news soon and move forward.

Yay I just got an email informing my interview date on May 4th 2011. I was so worried about the mistake I made on I-485 earlier but apparently it was minor enough to get through. Great relief!

congrats Shely for getting the IL as well and looks like we are on the same time frame pretty much. =)

Good luck to everyone and thanks for all the replies.

@ musicaa, thank you very much!!! I am so excited. One step closer. :) I will definitely let you all know how it goes. You will soon get yours as well. :)

@kyuri314, thank you!!!! Congrats to you too. You sent your package one day after me. :) where is your interview gonna be? Chicago or Indianapolis? Good luck to you! :)

Musicaa, let me know how the expedite goes? Probably a simple yes like my request.

I recieved an update saying ym card was in production on the 31st March, i then recieved the same email yesterday with April 4th as the date, card production ordered.

Why the two updates and different dates? Still waiting for card production for AP