Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Update

Hey all.

Received my appointment letter for biometric today. I went to the ASC in Naperville and tried doing the walk-in but the lady didn't allow me to :( She said that they don't do walk-ins in that location :( Maybe I will try again next week during the week early in the morning, instead of a Friday afternoon when everybody is tired and ready to start their weekends. There were two employees and NOBODY else other than myself and they could not do my biometrics. Can you believe it? Oh well, now I will try again next week and if doesn't work, I will have to wait until the date the USCIS chose for me.

ASC: Naperville, IL

Day 01: 02/28/2011 - AOS package sent via USPS express mail
Day 02: 03/01/2011 - Package Received (signed by U. USIC)
Day 08: 03/07/2011 - Got 4 emails/text from USCIS: Acceptance Confirmation for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131
Day 09: 03/08/2011 - Was able to check my cases status online
Day 11: 03/10/2011 - Received NOA in the mail (4)
Day 12: 03/11/2011 - Appointment letter for biometrics received in the mail (April 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm). Tried doing the walk-in but it didn't work. :(

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend!

Best of luck!

Shely

Just got the Biometrics Appt letter in the mail. It is scheduled for 4/5/2011 but Im going to try a walk-in next Wednesday.

Is anyone able to see their EAD application online? There has been no updates for me on that front yet. I am hoping to receive my EAD and AP sometime before my interview, but if my interview goes on fine, I will not mind if I receive it after that too :)

Also, any tips for the interviews apart from the one document on this forum? I just get jittery sometimes.

Yeah I'm able to see my I-765 case online, its right now in initial review. My I-485 is in Request for Evidence Response Review and on my I-130 it says: Post Decision Activity.

So I'm glad I'm able to check all 3 cases online, makes it so much easier and i get text/email notifications, so i dont have to check the USCIS site every hour. (=

wishing everyone a great weekend.

hi,
well i am here as of 8/2000
i have applied the i-130 before deadline of the 245i -april 31-2001 family based.
and in 3/2004 was approved for the i-130 ,but visa for me was not available intill ,ins will tell me to continue in applying to adjust of status,so years passed ,and i was checking my case nr wac... online,and it was the same story from the approved date of 2004 ,so was no updates on uscis site,so few weeks back ,finally i got in touch with a uscis officer and she told my dad (citizen-1994) that your son had the visa available from back of 2007 for him(son) ,but you guys never applied to continue the paper work,so i guess they put the case in freeze,we had not received anything,and plus i changed the address ,hmm,also i have asked if i qualify for that law 245i,and she said that if i have proof that i was here before April 31-2001 then yes,so i have proof ,no problem,also she told me exactly what papers to fill out ,where to send ,and what to expect..

so now,just waiting on all this process.and plus just curios what else they want, and to see what will happen next ,in my case.

thanks

It seems like you have it taken care off. Just reply to the RFE, even if they are asking for documents that you have already supplied. Good luck.

Just got the Biometrics Appt letter in the mail. It is scheduled for 4/5/2011 but Im going to try a walk-in next Wednesday.

Hey @kyuri!

Good to see someone from Indianapolis ASC too. And yes Wednesday is a good idea since they security over there informed me that they take walk-ins only on Wednesday when I went there on a Friday. As for the parking, try to park it on the streets on the W St Joseph St. It's cheaper and biometrics should not take more than 10 mins :)

Hey guys,

Are your applications being processed at the National Benefits Center? My application number starts with MSC.

Hey guys,

Are your applications being processed at the National Benefits Center? My application number starts with MSC.

The applications are processed at National Benefits Center which is also the Missouri Service Center (MSC). MSC is where they check all the paperwork and they are the ones that schedule biometrics and interviews. You should receive your biometrics sometime next week. Can you please add your DO and/or ASC on your signature to help for better tracking and comparisons.

Last edited by a moderator:
First post and hopefully the right thread

I found this very coll forum last week and just today did a registar. My brief story is as follows:
I am a USC and recently married a lady from asia. We were going to hire legal help but the information we recieved while in BKK and the states was different from every "legal advisor" and lawyer. As a result we were very confused and it seems it was very costly.

We are heard from 2 friends doing the process themselves and they said it was fairly easy. However, they are doing a US K-1 and a UK Visa. Ours is CR1 if I recall and I am not sure if are to do the same forms as you all have but seems most are similar. Sorry if I sound um a bit silly or stupid but we are learning;)

At anyrate we are trying to do this all on our own based on research here and from the USCIS site. Hopefully we are doing fast and correct but we have our worries :eek:

I would love to do a timeline as you all have done but not sure how you do that. At this point we are waiting for the Bio letter and mailed out papers out Feb 28th.

One question is how will she do this Bio Appt if she is in BKK?
Also once that is complete is there any other form we need to complete besides that and my support form?

Thanks in advance for this awesome forum and any help you could provide :cool:

I found this very coll forum last week and just today did a registar. My brief story is as follows:
I am a USC and recently married a lady from asia. We were going to hire legal help but the information we recieved while in BKK and the states was different from every "legal advisor" and lawyer. As a result we were very confused and it seems it was very costly.

We are heard from 2 friends doing the process themselves and they said it was fairly easy. However, they are doing a US K-1 and a UK Visa. Ours is CR1 if I recall and I am not sure if are to do the same forms as you all have but seems most are similar. Sorry if I sound um a bit silly or stupid but we are learning;)

At anyrate we are trying to do this all on our own based on research here and from the USCIS site. Hopefully we are doing fast and correct but we have our worries :eek:

I would love to do a timeline as you all have done but not sure how you do that. At this point we are waiting for the Bio letter and mailed out papers out Feb 28th.

One question is how will she do this Bio Appt if she is in BKK?
Also once that is complete is there any other form we need to complete besides that and my support form?

Thanks in advance for this awesome forum and any help you could provide :cool:

Welcome to the thread Tony and happy married life. First of all what is BKK and why do you think everybody will understand the abbreviation? My own interpretation is Bangkok?? dont kow if am right though. . .Anyway to my understanding, CR1 is the same IR1 which is a USC petioning for foreign alien spouse. However, what is not clear in your post is if you are doing the AOS (i.e ur wife is already here on one type of visa) or the consular processing. Most people on this thread are going through the AOS process . . .

To answer your question, if you are doing the AOS, the biometric must be done in the states at a local application support centre (ASC) closer to you. The ASC address will be on your biometric appointment notice and you dont need to complete any paper anymore except if they request for more evidence (RFE). Also if you are going through the consular processing, i think there will be a point at which your spouse will be called to a local US embassy in her country to undergo a kind of biometric proocess similar to the one for AOS

To add your timeline, go to top right corner of this page, click settings---->>at the left side of the page, there are links, click edit signature----->add ur timeline and save. Do the process again when you have an update. Goodluck and hope everything go well for us.

Good to see everyone of us moving forward. Its nice and i hope it continue like this. May the good God see us through the process and let us all get approved at the normal time and without any clog.

As for mrscarr and others who are still expecting something, something will happen soon. We are all in this together!

Happy weekend!

Yes, that would be an ideal timeline too. But it has been moving faster than my expectation. Almost for everyone I mean. The end of last year (when I started visiting these forums) was a little slow, but that might be because of the holiday seasons and all.

Is anyone able to see their EAD application online? There has been no updates for me on that front yet. I am hoping to receive my EAD and AP sometime before my interview, but if my interview goes on fine, I will not mind if I receive it after that too :)

Also, any tips for the interviews apart from the one document on this forum? I just get jittery sometimes.

My EAD application appear online from the first day i recieved the email/sms for reciept, however it has been on initial review till now. Dont worry your EAD and AP will come before ur interview. It might come too close to the interview date but it will come. And USCIS my decide to keep it if they think you might not really need it as you might recieve your green card sooner, so they might think lol

On your interview, besides gathering documents, you might, along with your spouse, want to start refreshing your memory about ur relationship, relatives, how you met, how was the proposal, the pictures, where and when did you took them etc. . .dont know if you have been to this site but it will really help to know what to expect on the day. Goodluck induz!

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/i130-i485/253129117/all-interview-experiences-posted-here

Welcome to the thread Tony and happy married life. First of all what is BKK and why do you think everybody will understand the abbreviation? My own interpretation is Bangkok?? dont kow if am right though. . .Anyway to my understanding, CR1 is the same IR1 which is a USC petioning for foreign alien spouse. However, what is not clear in your post is if you are doing the AOS (i.e ur wife is already here on one type of visa) or the consular processing. Most people on this thread are going through the AOS process . . .

To answer your question, if you are doing the AOS, the biometric must be done in the states at a local application support centre (ASC) closer to you. The ASC address will be on your biometric appointment notice and you dont need to complete any paper anymore except if they request for more evidence (RFE). Also if you are going through the consular processing, i think there will be a point at which your spouse will be called to a local US embassy in her country to undergo a kind of biometric proocess similar to the one for AOS

To add your timeline, go to top right corner of this page, click settings---->>at the left side of the page, there are links, click edit signature----->add ur timeline and save. Do the process again when you have an update. Goodluck and hope everything go well for us.

Yes, BKK is Bangkok. She is waiting there until we can get the right visa for her. We understood that the IR1 (CR1) would be correct to get the her here on a visa along with a conditional PR and GC all in one. We did the 130,G325 and 1145. Thanks for your fast reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @kyuri!

Good to see someone from Indianapolis ASC too. And yes Wednesday is a good idea since they security over there informed me that they take walk-ins only on Wednesday when I went there on a Friday. As for the parking, try to park it on the streets on the W St Joseph St. It's cheaper and biometrics should not take more than 10 mins :)

@Induz_
Thanks for the tip! Hopefully it goes well since its 2hour drive away from where i live. :)

New update!

Well seems like I have missed a lot of action here in the past few days so I am about to read up.

I got my approved Advance Parole document in the mail just a few minutes ago.

Am a little confused and worried though while feeling extremely happy about getting my travel document! :D

I have had no news on any other documents as well as no biometrics update...I wonder what's going on!

I should have at least received a RFE if one was in order by now I guess... :(

Well seems like I have missed a lot of action here in the past few days so I am about to read up.

I got my approved Advance Parole document in the mail just a few minutes ago.

Am a little confused and worried though while feeling extremely happy about getting my travel document! :D

I have had no news on any other documents as well as no biometrics update...I wonder what's going on!

I should have at least received a RFE if one was in order by now I guess... :(

Wow congrats on getting the AP document! Im hoping im not far behind you..it always seems strange at how the timelines differ! Im ahead of you and have not recieved advance parole but have done my biometrics. I guess we cant have it all so easy :)

Wow congrats on getting the AP document! Im hoping im not far behind you..it always seems strange at how the timelines differ! Im ahead of you and have not recieved advance parole but have done my biometrics. I guess we cant have it all so easy :)

Thanks ctraquair!

I guess you are right....we can not have it all so easy :)

I am sure your AP document is well on its way too :D

I shall keep you all posted of progress, if any, tomorrow.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

A very good Monday morning to everyone :)

Hope this week is full of pleasant news, updates and/or biometric appointment letters for those in the waiting ;)

On that note, have a fabulous week ahead and I shall see you guys soon...

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Wishing my fellowe filer's a great week with only good news and I hope we all move a step closer.

As for me, no new updates, I guess all I can do now is wait and pray.

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Wishing my fellowe filer's a great week with only good news and I hope we all move a step closer.

As for me, no new updates, I guess all I can do now is wait and pray.

Hey musicaa,

I don't know if you said this before, however, what was the RFE in regards to.

Hope you do not mind sharing the details....