Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Congrats @ctraquair, @thomkip and @musicaa on your walk in biometrics. One step closer now :)

@thomkip - So the people in ASC did confirm that doing an early biometrics does speed up the EAD process. I am sure everyone here will be glad to hear that.

@immiresearch - I guessed so too that it would be more about the local NBC offices' intake than anything else. I am sure Newark is a much busier center. But you should be hearing from them soon too as everyone else on this thread. I need to start preparing for my interview too. The document on this forum is a really helpful guide on what should be expected in the initial interviews. Another thing will be to bring together all the relevant documents. A lot of things to take care of.

hi,everyone!
hmmm,today i have check online case status then under my I-485 the blue dot it say" request for evidence"!!!,,
and they have this under:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Request for Evidence

On March 9, 2011, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought. We may send you a request for evidence at any stage of our review. The request will indicate what evidence or information is needed for us to fully evaluate your application or petition. The notice will explain where to send the evidence and will give the deadline for your response. Your application or petition will be held in suspense during that time. If you receive a request for evidence and have questions about what you need to submit, you may call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

what is this ?,more evidence of what?,,i got the same problem before they have approved my i130 also,they wanted to know how i come and all that,so now what else is missing,offf...making this life little harder...

anyone had this ? in their case?

thank you for any advice,what to expect.? i know maybe the letter will say more when i will receive it...

i still have the biometric app on the march 31-2011 ,so.

thanks.

@bosanci30 - I had the same thing happen to me, i got the RFE notice and they asked to send in evidence of my lawful admission in the US. Such as a copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-512 with completed arrival stamp, or a copy of the nonimmigrant visa page of my passport.

I also read that someone had to send in a missing FTR, you never know.

And the RFE has nothing to do with you Biometrics, i did my walk-in on tuesday and send my RFE response on wednesday.
RFE kinda puts a hold on everything until you response, so try and send whatever they want as soon as possible.

Hope that helps a little. Good Luck with everything.

Finally .. Finally .. Finally ... I got my Biometric appointment letter TODAY :)
It is for 4th April 2011. I will try this Friday for the walk in ( the center is just 6 blocks from my place :) - 5 min walk ).

Thank you so much for everyone who prayed for me ...
I am also praying for all of us.

For those who are still waiting for something to hear, be patient .... You will get something soon.

God bless all ...

Finally .. Finally .. Finally ... I got my Biometric appointment letter TODAY :)
It is for 4th April 2011. I will try this Friday for the walk in ( the center is just 6 blocks from my place :) - 5 min walk ).

Thank you so much for everyone who prayed for me ...
I am also praying for all of us.

For those who are still waiting for something to hear, be patient .... You will get something soon.

God bless all ...

Congrats man! I have been hoping that you get it soon, thanks to God. You should try to do a walk in on Fri, if they don't, try it again next week on Wednesday. Most ASCs allow walk-ins on wednesday. What is your ASC? Can you please put that on your signature. Thanks.

Thanks y'all. I was going to go on Friday but I might skip class on Wednesday and do it. Congrats to you on being the first one on this thread to get the interview letter. I hope that all the other Feb filers (Premansh, Noella and others) get their biometrics soon.

Thank you THOMKIP :)

I finally received my biometric appointment today.. Sooooooooooo Relieved :)

Best of luck to everyone....

Thank you all guys for sharing that you went to do biometrics earlier than your appointments. I wouldn't know otherwise and wait for at least 3 more weeks. I tried a walk-in today at about 11:45am. Wow, that was quick and painless! I even liked my photograph ;-)

08-Feb-11 Application sent to Chicago, IL lockbox
09-Feb-11 USCIS Received Application via ExpressMail
11-Feb-11 3 e-mails and 3 sms received
11-Feb-11 Checks cashed
12-Feb-11 Notices of Action Received - National Benefits Center - Notice # starts with MSC
07-Mar-11 2 letters received for biometrics (for i765 and i485), appointment on 04-Apr-11 9:00 and 11:00am
10-Mar-11 Walk-in biometrics done. 10min total.
________________________WAITING FOR THE INTERVIEW NOTICE!

YPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

I did my walkin for Biometric today.. It took me just 20 min all together. So FASTTTTTTT ...

Best of luck to every one and DO TRY FOR WALKIN.

YPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

I did my walkin for Biometric today.. It took me just 20 min all together. So FASTTTTTTT ...

Best of luck to every one and DO TRY FOR WALKIN.

That's great news buddy. Congratulations :)
Things should move fast from here now. BTW, which is your ASC and DO?

Induz, we are looking at roughly 3 weeks after biometrics before we hear anything..

Based on your case ofcourse

Induz, we are looking at roughly 3 weeks after biometrics before we hear anything..

Based on your case ofcourse

Yes, that would be an ideal timeline too. But it has been moving faster than my expectation. Almost for everyone I mean. The end of last year (when I started visiting these forums) was a little slow, but that might be because of the holiday seasons and all.

Is anyone able to see their EAD application online? There has been no updates for me on that front yet. I am hoping to receive my EAD and AP sometime before my interview, but if my interview goes on fine, I will not mind if I receive it after that too :)

Also, any tips for the interviews apart from the one document on this forum? I just get jittery sometimes.

Same..its been quite speedy for the most part! Even people with RFE's seem to get back on track within a week and don't really have any noticeable delays.

I was planning on leaving the country April 20th..so im sort of hoping my EAD and AP come in before i get the interview, if not then ill just have to stay put.

hey just an update for everyone i havnt been on in a while but i have not received my biometrics appointment yet and next week makes 30 days so i called uscis and they said i am supposed to have it by the 30 days and to call back when it reaches exactly 30 days so they can figure out what is going on -hope things go faster :( and theres no problems

hey just an update for everyone i havnt been on in a while but i have not received my biometrics appointment yet and next week makes 30 days so i called uscis and they said i am supposed to have it by the 30 days and to call back when it reaches exactly 30 days so they can figure out what is going on -hope things go faster :( and theres no problems

That is sad mrscarr. Chicago center has been quicker from what I have experienced, but your case seems like an exception. Hopefully you will hear something soon, probably over the weekend or early next week. We just need to be patient and hope for the best. Good luck and keep us posted.

Same..its been quite speedy for the most part! Even people with RFE's seem to get back on track within a week and don't really have any noticeable delays.

I was planning on leaving the country April 20th..so im sort of hoping my EAD and AP come in before i get the interview, if not then ill just have to stay put.

Hey ctraquair - your interview might be scheduled around Apr 20th. You might as well wait and get it over with so you can leave the country in peace :)

@bosanci30 - I had the same thing happen to me, i got the RFE notice and they asked to send in evidence of my lawful admission in the US. Such as a copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-512 with completed arrival stamp, or a copy of the nonimmigrant visa page of my passport.

I also read that someone had to send in a missing FTR, you never know.

And the RFE has nothing to do with you Biometrics, i did my walk-in on tuesday and send my RFE response on wednesday.
RFE kinda puts a hold on everything until you response, so try and send whatever they want as soon as possible.

Hope that helps a little. Good Luck with everything.

hi,
well now i am waiting on that letter to show up to see exactly what more evidence they need, as i dont have none of those
""Such as a copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-512 with completed arrival stamp, or a copy of the nonimmigrant visa page of my passport."" no i-94,no arrival stamp, and i dont have none on my passport.,
i come as a stowaway,enter the us 11 years ago with out any papers.

also how come if they want any proof or what is my story how i enter the us,why they dont check into the files,like the i-130 that was approved,because there is the explanation ,or maybe they dont have access to the i-130?,
the forms i-485 and i-130 do they process in the same place or all forms get sent to different places for process?

thank you!!! and Good Luck to you also friend.

Happy Friday everyone,

my case was updated today, and went from Request for Evidence to Request for Evidence Response Review. Lets hope and pray they dont ask for anything else. It said in the email that I should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date that they received the RFE response.

@bosanci30 - I'm not sure if they have access to the I-130, i sent I-130, I-485 & I-765 seperate, maybe they are being proccessed in different locations. Just be calm and wait till you get the letter, shouldnt be much longer. Let us know what it says. Good Luck, I'll say a prayer for you. (=

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Friday everyone,

my case was updated today, and went from Request for Evidence to Request for Evidence Response Review. Lets hope and pray they dont ask for anything else. It said in the email that I should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date that they received the RFE response.

@bosanci30 - I'm not sure if they have access to the I-130, i sent I-130, I-485 & I-765 seperate, maybe they are being proccessed in different locations. Just be calm and wait till you get the letter, shouldnt be much longer. Let us know what it says. Good Luck, I'll say a prayer for you. (=
hey,friend ,will pray for you also!,hope everything goes well for you!!!
will keep updating,once i receive more info,from that letter from them.

have a nice friday afternoon!

hi,
well now i am waiting on that letter to show up to see exactly what more evidence they need, as i dont have none of those
""Such as a copy of Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-512 with completed arrival stamp, or a copy of the nonimmigrant visa page of my passport."" no i-94,no arrival stamp, and i dont have none on my passport.,
i come as a stowaway,enter the us 11 years ago with out any papers.

also how come if they want any proof or what is my story how i enter the us,why they dont check into the files,like the i-130 that was approved,because there is the explanation ,or maybe they dont have access to the i-130?,
the forms i-485 and i-130 do they process in the same place or all forms get sent to different places for process?

thank you!!! and Good Luck to you also friend.

Hey
I don't know much about your story but I remember reading somewhere on this site that if you came here illegally, you will not be able to adjust status to a PR. I think prior to 2001, you could adjust status by filling AOS and also 245i and pay a fine. But after 2001, you cannot AOS if you came here illegally. You should research more about 245i because you came here illegally and did not get inspected at the port of entry. You can even post your situation in the main forum. I could be wrong, but that is what i think.

Hey
I don't know much about your story but I remember reading somewhere on this site that if you came here illegally, you will not be able to adjust status to a PR. I think prior to 2001, you could adjust status by filling AOS and also 245i and pay a fine. But after 2001, you cannot AOS if you came here illegally. You should research more about 245i because you came here illegally and did not get inspected at the port of entry. You can even post your situation in the main forum. I could be wrong, but that is what i think.
hi,
well i am here as of 8/2000
i have applied the i-130 before deadline of the 245i -april 31-2001 family based.
and in 3/2004 was approved for the i-130 ,but visa for me was not available intill ,ins will tell me to continue in applying to adjust of status,so years passed ,and i was checking my case nr wac... online,and it was the same story from the approved date of 2004 ,so was no updates on uscis site,so few weeks back ,finally i got in touch with a uscis officer and she told my dad (citizen-1994) that your son had the visa available from back of 2007 for him(son) ,but you guys never applied to continue the paper work,so i guess they put the case in freeze,we had not received anything,and plus i changed the address ,hmm,also i have asked if i qualify for that law 245i,and she said that if i have proof that i was here before April 31-2001 then yes,so i have proof ,no problem,also she told me exactly what papers to fill out ,where to send ,and what to expect..

so now,just waiting on all this process.and plus just curios what else they want, and to see what will happen next ,in my case.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: