Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Hello Everyone ...

I submitted my paper work on 7th Feb .. Till now I have not received the biometric letter ?

Is it normal or I should worry now ?
Additionally ... I am checking my case number every day on USCIS website but it say

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Please advice.

PS: Please check my signature for reference.

Hello Everyone ...

I submitted my paper work on 7th Feb .. Till now I have not received the biometric letter ?

Additionally ... I am checking my case number every day on USCIS website but it say

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Please advice.

hi,what do you mean by this here:
"14-Feb-11 Notice received for Rejection ( I paid extra fee for I765 - $380 )- They refunded the check - Day 7"
because that is the fee?,i have sent the same too...
?,thanks,

hi,what do you mean by this here:
"14-Feb-11 Notice received for Rejection ( I paid extra fee for I765 - $380 )- They refunded the check - Day 7"
because that is the fee?,i have sent the same too...
?,thanks,

Hi,

If we are filing I485 with biometric , then the fee for I 765 ( work authorization ) and I 131 ( travel document ) is included in that.

I was not aware of this thing. In fact I should say that I have not read the instructions properly while filling the forms.

So they returned my extra check for I 765 - $380. ( since I have not filed I 131 , so there was no refund ).

If you are in the same situation, i.e. paid extra fee, then they will refund your check also.

Don't worry this is just their process ( Since the letter will say REJECTION ). I confirmed with USCIS help line. They said not to worry and my other documents are good and under process.

well i filed i485 -$1070 and the i765 (380$)
so now i guess iam in the same boat like you...
hmmm,will see.,as long none will happen ,,i just notice that in your signature,and did the research on uscis website under form i-765
>>>>>>>
Filing Fee :
$380
Special Instructions :

If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007,
or after, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765.
>>>>>>>

thank you.

well i filed i485 -$1070 and the i765 (380$)
so now i guess iam in the same boat like you...
hmmm,will see.,as long none will happen ,,i just notice that in your signature,and did the research on uscis website under form i-765
>>>>>>>
Filing Fee :
$380
Special Instructions :

If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007,
or after, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for employment authorization on Form I-765.
>>>>>>>

thank you.

Not a problem :)
And good luck ....

Hello Everyone ...

Please advice.

If am not mistaken, it will 12th day today (saturday) that USCIS recieved your application. Going by some recent timelines, the average time to recieve bio. appt is 15days. Mine took 14 days from the day USCIS recieved my application. However i have seen a timeline in which the person recieved his/her biometric appt. exactly on 29th day from the day of reciept of application and the intrview was approved last wednessday. Everything will be fine!

My believe is if you dont recieve it this saturday ( i recieved mine on a saturday), you should get it next week. But if nothing happen still, then i will advise to call the 1800 #.

If am not mistaken, it will 12th day today (saturday) that USCIS recieved your application. Going by some recent timelines, the average time to recieve bio. appt is 15days. Mine took 14 days from the day USCIS recieved my application. However i have seen a timeline in which the person recieved his/her biometric appt. exactly on 29th day from the day of reciept of application and the intrview was approved last wednessday. Everything will be fine!

My believe is if you dont recieve it this saturday ( i recieved mine on a saturday), you should get it next week. But if nothing happen still, then i will advise to call the 1800 #.

Yes, I was also planning to do the same. I will wait till tomorrow and lets see if it comes in the mail, then its great. Otherwise I will be biting my nails.

Thanks for the advice :)

hey guys i was wondering....

after getting a SSN what happens to all my debt(its not a lot) but im curious as to whether it goes on my new credit report since there was no SSN associated with those debts...

Wednesday im off for biometrics...what are we expecting time wise for our interview letters?

Anything specific i need for biometrics (to all who have already completed FP) ?

Lastly...this FBI namecheck i see on the forum..does that apply to us or is that only for specific cases?

Happy Monday to all the Feb Filers :)

Wednesday im off for biometrics...what are we expecting time wise for our interview letters?

Anything specific i need for biometrics (to all who have already completed FP) ?

Lastly...this FBI namecheck i see on the forum..does that apply to us or is that only for specific cases?

Happy Monday to all the Feb Filers :)

Heya ctraquair!
Good luck with your biometrics on Wednesday!
The last time I called the customer support, the officer informed that it might take around 6 months to get the interview letter. I understand that he was high-balling the timelines, but this is the info I received.
For your FP, you will need to carry an ID (I carried my passport and my driver's license) and the appointment letter only. They only checked my license and proceeded with the biometrics.
As for the FBI name check, I think it applies to everyone. If one's name doesn't match their database, they should be good and it doesn't take much time then. Else they have to do a manual check before giving a green flag.
Here you can find some more information on it - http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/fbi-name-check.php

Heya ctraquair!
Good luck with your biometrics on Wednesday!
The last time I called the customer support, the officer informed that it might take around 6 months to get the interview letter. I understand that he was high-balling the timelines, but this is the info I received.
For your FP, you will need to carry an ID (I carried my passport and my driver's license) and the appointment letter only. They only checked my license and proceeded with the biometrics.
As for the FBI name check, I think it applies to everyone. If one's name doesn't match their database, they should be good and it doesn't take much time then. Else they have to do a manual check before giving a green flag.
Here you can find some more information on it - http://immigrationroad.com/green-card/fbi-name-check.php

Thanks Induz,

I guess we can only go from the November, and December timelines to determine how long it should take our cases. It seems that most of us on this thread are ahead of schedule compared to other months.

Im looking forward to getting FP out of the way and moving onto the next step

Hey everyone,

hope you guys had a great weekend, I'm one step closer. Got my Biometric Appointment Letter in the Mail.

Does anyone has any experience with Bioetric "walk-ins" in Atlanta?

Hey guys,

My I-485 and I-130 was received at the Chicago Lockbox on February 19 but I still haven't received any NOA. I didn't fill out the email/text message alerts form so I am waiting for the NOA's to arrive in the mail.

However I made a huge mistake in filing my application! I filled everything right for I-485, I-130 and I-765 and attached all the supporting documentation. However for I-131 I applied for a reentry permit instead of an advance parole document! It was really silly of me but I didn't read the instructions properly! I emailed the Lockbox facility and they told me to wait for the NOA before I can send in my amended I-131 as they will have no other means to associate my I-131 with my pending I-485. I am wondering if my I-131 will mess up my entire application and put everything on hold! What should I do?? Do you think that is the reason I have not received my NOA yet?

Hey everyone,

hope you guys had a great weekend, I'm one step closer. Got my Biometric Appointment Letter in the Mail.

Congratulations on your FP notice. Thats a step forward in the right direction. Next is MELL, mrscarr, NOELLA and other feb. filers. Let's go people!!

You should be able to do a walk-in if your ASC is not too far from where you live. ctraquair and Dunnee should be able to tell you more. Goodluck.

Hey guys,

My I-485 and I-130 was received at the Chicago Lockbox on February 19 but I still haven't received any NOA. I didn't fill out the email/text message alerts form so I am waiting for the NOA's to arrive in the mail.

However I made a huge mistake in filing my application! I filled everything right for I-485, I-130 and I-765 and attached all the supporting documentation. However for I-131 I applied for a reentry permit instead of an advance parole document! It was really silly of me but I didn't read the instructions properly! I emailed the Lockbox facility and they told me to wait for the NOA before I can send in my amended I-131 as they will have no other means to associate my I-131 with my pending I-485. I am wondering if my I-131 will mess up my entire application and put everything on hold! What should I do?? Do you think that is the reason I have not received my NOA yet?

Sorry to hear that Gelia. Since you have been advised by the lockbox to wait for your NOA, i think exactly what you need to do. Dont worry the mistake should not mess up your application since you correctly filled out the rest of the application which are, to me, the main application. The worse is to increase your processing time if at all there is going to be an effect on the application. Just make sure you are on top of the situation. All the best and welcome to the thread.

Hey everyone,

Im sure ive read that you can do walkins in atlanta! I have my appointment tomorrow so ill update you on what goes on,