Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

I cannot see my case status online either. MSC **********. BTW, if anyone is interested, I did a walk in in Alexandria, VA today at around noon. Not a problem with anything, in and out in 10 mins. They didnt even check the appointment date.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!
I am getting more worried by the day...Im reading everyone's progress and it seems that mine is a little behind...did you guys include ur email address somewhere on the form? how did they get it to send the emails...and do they send the sms to the phone# thats on the form?? Also, I got my MO from the post office does that matter, was i suppose to get it from a bank?

You had to submit another form which allows them to update you via email and text when your case has been initially accepted!

Do not worry, i have no idea of this process either and my case is rolling along just fine.

Wait for your receipts to come in and then enter them in the USCIS website to track your progress. I believe then you can sign up for email and text updates for any further progress in your case.

:cool:

You had to submit another form which allows them to update you via email and text when your case has been initially accepted!

Do not worry, i have no idea of this process either and my case is rolling along just fine.

Wait for your receipts to come in and then enter them in the USCIS website to track your progress. I believe then you can sign up for email and text updates for any further progress in your case.

:cool:

Oh ok, no wonder! Ive been waiting around for a txt message this whole time....which form would that have been though...just so I knw

Thomkip - Are you able to view your's online? Mine is not. My receipt number starts with MSC. I called up the customer care today and spoke to an officers to whom I was directed to by a customer care rep. He informed me that this case can never be tracked online and said I have nothing to worry about and just wait for the interview letter.
For more than anything, I needed it online so that I can do my address change through the website, but seems like I will need to send in the physical form now when I move next month.

Heya!

Found this on the USCIS website and didn't know for sure where you had sent your papers initially hence hope this helps. Also like its been said you do need to attach a G-1145 to recieve notifications in the first place in case you did file with the Chicago, Phoenix or Lewisville, TX., lockbox.

Thomkip - Are you able to view your's online? Mine is not. My receipt number starts with MSC. I called up the customer care today and spoke to an officers to whom I was directed to by a customer care rep. He informed me that this case can never be tracked online and said I have nothing to worry about and just wait for the interview letter.
For more than anything, I needed it online so that I can do my address change through the website, but seems like I will need to send in the physical form now when I move next month.

Heya!

Found this on the USCIS website and didn't know for sure where you had sent your papers initially hence hope this helps. Also like its been said you do need to attach a G-1145 to recieve notifications in the first place in case you did file with the Chicago, Phoenix or Lewisville, TX., lockbox.

Please note that only those forms that are currently accepted at one of the three USCIS Lockbox facilities located in Chicago, Phoenix, and Lewisville, TX., provide you with the option to receive an e-mail and/or text message informing you that USCIS has accepted your application or petition.

Please read the filing instructions on each form you are submitting, as these may vary. Some immigration forms will continue to be filed at the USCIS Service Centers or Field Offices. USCIS Service Centers and Field Offices do not provide e-mail and text message notifications.

hi,2 questions:
1.when sending with usps express mail is it better to have them sign for or just check the box so the mail man to have it drop it without a sign?
2.the finger print test,will this must be done within the city from your original address on the application ? as my son is gone for few months in a different state.

thank you for any advice.

working on:
-I485 I765 G325A I864 I693 G-1145
will send all this papers within few days to uscis
based on a approved i130 family/son over 21 unmarried.

Hey!

When sending USPS express mail, it is better to have them sign so that you have proof of delivery & a name to go with in case you need to track or refer back to your original filing.

The biometrics are done at a designated Application Support Center (ASC). I tried to attach a link however apparantly I am not old enuf (requires min 15 posts) :mad: so here is how u get to it. Here you can find which one, I wanna say they allot it as per your zip code/state.

Go to the uscis website.
Click on the About Us tab..
On the left, click on the Find a USCIS office tab
On that page you will see the Application Support Center option
Clicking on that takes you to the page where you can find what you need.

Sorry I could not post the URL...would have made it much easier for you I guess...

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that!
Did you go in the morning or afternoon? I'm hoping it's not packed when I go...

The office closes at 4pm. I went there around 2pm. However some people have had success going in early in the morning but overall the logic is to go when the place is not crowded.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!
I am getting more worried by the day...Im reading everyone's progress and it seems that mine is a little behind...did you guys include ur email address somewhere on the form? how did they get it to send the emails...and do they send the sms to the phone# thats on the form?? Also, I got my MO from the post office does that matter, was i suppose to get it from a bank?

There is nothing to be worried about. USCIS recieved your papers like a week now so that is not too mucg yet. Had you attached form G-1145 to your applications, you should have get the emails and sms with your reciept # by now. Since you missed that, the next thing you should be expecting is the NOAs in the mail which should come between 10th-14th days your application got delivered (based on February timelimes).

I sent MO too and my movement has been good so far, so there is nothing wrong with MO. Infact MO is easy for USCIS to cash than bank checks etc.

Did officer meant your particular or no cases can be tracked online? I dont know if am the one that got the sentence twisted. All my cases show online, however they have been under "initial review" since day 1!

I dont think you need your need your case to show online before you can change your address. Just print out the AR-11 form, fill it up and mail it to KY or so (you can look it up). While doing that, since you have a pending case and reciept number, call the 1800 number and have them change it on the system.

My anxiety get's the better of me :( does anyone know what the next step is now and how long before I see any action?

Dont give anxiety a chance. What will be will sure be, regardless. We will all come out of this successfully.

Your next update should be FP appointment. However, going by some past timelines, RFE can come before or after FP appointment notice. All the best and Congratualtions on your NOAs!

Not receiving biometric appointment notice yet?

I haven't received biometric appointment notices for I 485 and 765 , although I received NOA on 2/12/2011. How can I check whether the appointment notice has been sent out or not? Online case status only show" initial review".

Day 01: 01/31/2011 - Package Received
Day 08: 02/07/2011 - Emails (6) and sms (3) recieved with 3 different reciept numbers
Day 12: 02/12/2011 - Notice of Actions recieved in the mail

I haven't received biometric appointment notices for I 485 and 765 , although I received NOA on 2/12/2011. How can I check whether the appointment notice has been sent out or not? Online case status only show" initial review".

Day 01: 01/31/2011 - Package Received
Day 08: 02/07/2011 - Emails (6) and sms (3) recieved with 3 different reciept numbers
Day 12: 02/12/2011 - Notice of Actions recieved in the mail

Good morning appleapp,

You can call the NCSC - National Customer Service Center, the number for that is on you NOA. They may be able to give you a better idea of where your case stands. And just as immiresearch mentioned, there is a possibility of an RFE in which case getting the biometrics appt letter becomes the step after the RFE. Don't worry, no matter what happens, like immi said again :) we will all come out of this successful! I have had my past bad experience when I filed the first time, trust me we feel its a lot worse than it actually is. Had I found these guys at that time, I would not have switched into panic mode lol! All the best and it will be fine, just give them a call...

Heya!

Please note that only those forms that are currently accepted at one of the three USCIS Lockbox facilities located in Chicago, Phoenix, and Lewisville, TX., provide you with the option to receive an e-mail and/or text message informing you that USCIS has accepted your application or petition.

Please read the filing instructions on each form you are submitting, as these may vary. Some immigration forms will continue to be filed at the USCIS Service Centers or Field Offices. USCIS Service Centers and Field Offices do not provide e-mail and text message notifications.

Howdy!
I, ( or rather the person who prepared the docs on my behalf) did not file G-1145 along with the rest of the package when we filed it to the Chicago lockbox. So I don't receive the electronic notification. But I thought I would be able to track it online but according to the customer service, that is not possible either. So all I need to do now is to wait for all notifications in the mail. The wait can be killing sometimes :)

Howdy!
I, ( or rather the person who prepared the docs on my behalf) did not file G-1145 along with the rest of the package when we filed it to the Chicago lockbox. So I don't receive the electronic notification. But I thought I would be able to track it online but according to the customer service, that is not possible either. So all I need to do now is to wait for all notifications in the mail. The wait can be killing sometimes :)

Trust me...it can ;) anyhow you seem to be doing pretty good....congratulations on the walk in.
Deal with me is, I will have to drive from Henderson, TX to Dallas for my biometrics so I don't know if I wanna risk walking in and them telling me I need to come back....its an almost 3 hr drive so....

Seems like a thunderstorm is here quicker than I expected o_O will catch up with yall later....take care!

Hey!

When sending USPS express mail, it is better to have them sign so that you have proof of delivery & a name to go with in case you need to track or refer back to your original filing.

The biometrics are done at a designated Application Support Center (ASC). I tried to attach a link however apparantly I am not old enuf (requires min 15 posts) :mad: so here is how u get to it. Here you can find which one, I wanna say they allot it as per your zip code/state.

Go to the uscis website.
Click on the About Us tab..
On the left, click on the Find a USCIS office tab
On that page you will see the Application Support Center option
Clicking on that takes you to the page where you can find what you need.

Sorry I could not post the URL...would have made it much easier for you I guess...

Hope this helps.

sorry for the late response!,
yes,i have sent with sig. back,
and from what i remember in my case they sent me to take the bio. in my city,so i guess ,they will make the app based on your address in file.

anyway thank you for your advice!