Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Received today all the NOA's in the email - total of 4 -> for I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765...

- Sent I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765 on 02/10/11
- Delivered 02/11/11
- Email and SMS with receipt no. - 02/15/11
- Biometric Appointment for 03/10/11 received on - 02/18/11
- All NOA's received in mail - 02/22/11

DO - Seattle
ASC - Seattle

Biometrics notice finally! It's sooo far away though. I called USCIS customer svc. and asked if I could do a walk in - they said they stopped doing walkins there, even on Wednesdays.

I'm gonna try anyway. What is the best time to try, in the morning or afternoon?

FYI: I used the A# on the OPT (like my lawyer told me to) and they have assigned me a different one now too. It's fine.

Sometimes you can not trust the USCIS officers behind that phone. When i went for my FP, i told the security man that i was not gonna be around on my scheduled date and that i wanted to try and do a walk-in. The security man told me they do actually allow walk-ins on wednessday but not in my case (my appt. date was like 3 weeks away). He said walk-in is for those who missed their appointment date but because i went there like 2pm wednessday afternoon, when they are less busy, he said i should go and talk to a lady (like a receptionist) and see if she allow me. When i got to the lady, explained to her, she told me the same thing the security had already said. Then she looked around to see if there were many people on the wait but when she realized they only have like 16 people on the wait, she OKed me. And that was it! So advise to give it a try and at a majestic time. Goodluck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the NOAs in the mail today. I actually noticed that the A# assigned to me is different from the one that was assigned to me on my OPT EAD that I had last year. I was a little worried about this but I found out that its not a big deal. So hopefully I will get the biometrics letter sometime this week.

Congratulations! yea the biometri appt. should come in this week. Goodluck

Received today all the NOA's in the email - total of 4 -> for I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765...

- Sent I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765 on 02/10/11
- Delivered 02/11/11
- Email and SMS with receipt no. - 02/15/11
- Biometric Appointment for 03/10/11 received on - 02/18/11
- All NOA's received in mail - 02/22/11

DO - Seattle
ASC - Seattle

You can go to the top of the window page >>>click settings >>>by the left side of the page, you will see links, click edit signature and add your timelines

Sometimes you can not trust the USCIS officers behind that phone. When i went for my FP, i told the security man that i was not gonna be around on my scheduled date and that i wanted to try and do a walk-in. The security man told me they do actually allow walk-ins on wednessday but not in my case (my appt. date was like 3 weeks away). He said walk-in is for those who missed their appointment date but because i went there like 2pm wednessday afternoon, when they are less busy, he said i should go and talk to a lady (like a receptionist) and see if she allow me. When i got to the lady, explained to her, she told me the same thing the security had already said. Then she looked around to see if there were many people on the wait but when she realized they only have like 16 people on the wait, she OKed me. And that was it! So advise to give it a try and at a majestic time. Goodluck!

Thanks for that!
Did you go in the morning or afternoon? I'm hoping it's not packed when I go...

A very lovely morning to everyone!

Hope everybody had a wonderful long weekend :)

Just woke up this morning with news from my hubby's bank....the MO and CC cleared today!

Its a little early to chk my mail yet for the NOA etc but I shall definitely keep you all posted...

A very warm welcome to all those who joined the forum recently :)

Have a great day ahead!

My anxiety get's the better of me :( does anyone know what the next step is now and how long before I see any action?

Hope everyone is doing good, I'm slowly moving forward. (updated my signature). Now I'mn waiting to get my Biometrics Appointment letter.

If anyone has some patience for me, i would gladly accept it. hehe.

Good Luck to all of you!!!

I'm just waiting to do my biometrics on the assigned date (March 2nd).

After that ill hopefully have some more progress.

My anxiety get's the better of me :( does anyone know what the next step is now and how long before I see any action?

The next step is for the Biometrics(Fingerprinting). You should get this in less than a week. You can also use the receipt #s that you received to go to the USCIS website to "Check my case status". This is not always accurate but you can check it out. It should be saying initial review. Don't get too anxious about this process. We are all in it together, you are not alone.

You can go to the top of the window page >>>click settings >>>by the left side of the page, you will see links, click edit signature and add your timelines

Thanks immireseach. It seems like I am always harping about the timelines and DO/ASC in the signatures.

The next step is for the Biometrics(Fingerprinting). You should get this in less than a week. You can also use the receipt #s that you received to go to the USCIS website to "Check my case status". This is not always accurate but you can check it out. It should be saying initial review. Don't get too anxious about this process. We are all in it together, you are not alone.

Thomkip - Are you able to view your's online? Mine is not. My receipt number starts with MSC. I called up the customer care today and spoke to an officers to whom I was directed to by a customer care rep. He informed me that this case can never be tracked online and said I have nothing to worry about and just wait for the interview letter.
For more than anything, I needed it online so that I can do my address change through the website, but seems like I will need to send in the physical form now when I move next month.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE!
I am getting more worried by the day...Im reading everyone's progress and it seems that mine is a little behind...did you guys include ur email address somewhere on the form? how did they get it to send the emails...and do they send the sms to the phone# thats on the form?? Also, I got my MO from the post office does that matter, was i suppose to get it from a bank?

hi,2 questions:
1.when sending with usps express mail is it better to have them sign for or just check the box so the mail man to have it drop it without a sign?
2.the finger print test,will this must be done within the city from your original address on the application ? as my son is gone for few months in a different state.

thank you for any advice.

working on:
-I485 I765 G325A I864 I693 G-1145
will send all this papers within few days to uscis
based on a approved i130 family/son over 21 unmarried.

Thomkip - Are you able to view your's online? Mine is not. My receipt number starts with MSC. I called up the customer care today and spoke to an officers to whom I was directed to by a customer care rep. He informed me that this case can never be tracked online and said I have nothing to worry about and just wait for the interview letter.
For more than anything, I needed it online so that I can do my address change through the website, but seems like I will need to send in the physical form now when I move next month.

I can view my case online. My receipt #s also start with MSC (MSC119xxxxxxx). MSC stands for Missouri Service Center which is also NBC(National Benefits Center). It says "Initial review" on all the receipt #s. This online update is not very trustworthy though. It can stay on initial review until the whole process is adjudicated.
If you are moving in the next month, the best option is to call the 800 # and inform them of your address, otherwise it might slow down the process. I dont think you can mail the change of address form because you are not a LPR yet. I remember when I read the instructions, it said that if you move during AOS, you should call the #. Please, double check on this.