Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

I don't know if that is entirely true. Consulates in a lot of places are equipped to take FPs. Though the machines are not as fancy as the one I saw yesterday, but I definitely gave my FPs when I was issued a visa in my home country.

You just take the words out of my mouth (i mean my keyboard lol). My FPs was infact taken before my visa was issued in my home country. Like i said, omg_stfu might be right because i dont know much about CP procedures, but not all consulates are not equiped to take FPs.

I think we're mixing a couple of totally different things: First, it is not only FP's that matter, it is more and more the biometrics these days and consulates in large are not equipped for that. Secondly, the FP's taken in the States are used to be run against the FBI database and check whether a candidate has some skeletons in the closet. Apparently, the FBI knows nothing about some dude somewhere in the world, who is the potential beneficiary of a CP I130 application, and therefore they have to rely on the local police records. They may take your fingerprints to create a record of them, but this doesn't check any DB for any records, as apparently such records do not exist. And lastly, the last time I entered the US on a visa was many years ago, but I was not fingerprinted at the consulate.
Back to schedule updates now. ;)

Finally here :)

Looks like it should work this time :rolleyes:

Hello everyone, mine was a concurrent filing: I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131. I also attached the G-1145 (E-Notification of Application/Petition acceptance)

I am very excited & anxious that the paperwork is finally gone with everything else going on :D anyhow, here is my timeline that I plan on updating every single step of the way!

(Day 1) February 15th - Application Sent to Chicago lockbox priority mail @ 1:14pm via USPS express mail.
(Day 2) February 16th - Application delivered and signed for @ 1:58pm. Signed for by R.MECARDO.

Yes give it a try, it wont hurt! Well i sent money order and that is difficult to track. Am sure the only confirmation notice will be the one on the NOAs i recieved. Am not even bother a bit, i know USCIS will not sent you biometric notice if they are having problem cashing your money. They take the money and signature issues very seriously!

They must have cashed the money order. USCIS is very serious about money, that is the first thing that the check in your application i.e. if you have the right filing fee and appropriate payment.

Noella- Welcome to the thread.

Hello Heres mine :) AOS filed for my husband who came here on visa waiver -Hope it goes quickly for all of us , so far its looking good !

2.11.2011-Sent AOS Application via USPS Priority Mail
2.14.2011-Application delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
2.17.2011-Called bank to see if Cashiers Check had been cashed - IT HAS-but not sure exactly when

Welcome on board Noella and mrscarr! Hope everything goes well with you and everyone on this thread. Pls dont forget to put your timelines with the district office in your signature so that we can all track progress together. All the best!

Welcome on board Noella and mrscarr! Hope everything goes well with you and everyone on this thread. Pls dont forget to put your timelines with the district office in your signature so that we can all track progress together. All the best!

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome. immiresearch I am working on getting my DO & timeline in my signature. Just wanted to confirm what is a district office? I know this may sound silly but I don't know, the USCIS website gives me options of Application Support Center (ASC) Local office and Service center :(

Welcome Noella..im about 2 weeks ahead of you! Your DO is the office in which you will be set an appointment for your biometrics.

Good luck with everything, i hope we can all help each other along the way if necessary

Welcome Noella..im about 2 weeks ahead of you! Your DO is the office in which you will be set an appointment for your biometrics.

Good luck with everything, i hope we can all help each other along the way if necessary

Thank you ctraquair! I am just nervous but glad I found this forum :) Since my filing is so recent, I shall wait to hear on where my DO is and accordingly update it with my timeline in my signature. I do wish each & every one the very best...

Hi everyone, I am so happy i found this site so i can wait with other people who filed around the same time that i did...This process is soo nerve wrecking the days go by so slow now and it definitely doesn't help that i don't work and i'm home all day...

Hi everyone, I am so happy i found this site so i can wait with other people who filed around the same time that i did...This process is soo nerve wrecking the days go by so slow now and it definitely doesn't help that i don't work and i'm home all day...

I'm right there with you. I'm already so unpatient in general, this process is def a test for my nerves. (= Good luck with everything.

UPDATE - EAD's and Advance parole from USCIS - Feb 11th 2011

musicaa & MEL8725 I feel just the same....its feels like days are stretching beyond 12 hrs....

But finding this forum has helped me feel a little less jittery. With so much information and assistance available, I could not have asked for more!

Here is something interesting I found on one of the other threads. Since I am not allowed to post URL's yet, I have copied the entire article:mad:Hope this helps.

If anyone wants to read it on the USCIS website, this one is under News/Updates.

USCIS to Issue Employment Authorization and Advance Parole Card for Adjustment of Status Applicants

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced that it is now issuing employment and travel authorization on a single card for certain applicants filing an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485. This new card represents a significant improvement from the current practice of issuing paper Advance Parole documents.

The card looks similar to the current Employment Authorization Document (EAD) but will include text that reads, “Serves as I-512 Advance Parole.” A card with this text will serve as both an employment authorization and Advance Parole document. The new card is also more secure and more durable than the current paper Advance Parole document.

An applicant may receive this card when he or she files an Application for Employment Authorization, Form I-765, and an Application for Travel Document, Form I-131, concurrently with or after filing Form I-485. USCIS will continue to issue separate EAD and Advance Parole documents as warranted. Employers may accept the new card as a List A document when completing the Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.

As with the current Advance Parole document, obtaining a combined Advance Parole and employment authorization card allows an applicant for adjustment of status to travel abroad and return to the U.S. without abandoning the pending adjustment application. Upon returning to the U.S., the individual who travels with the card must present the card to request parole through the port-of-entry. The decision to parole the individual is made at the port-of-entry. Individuals who have been unlawfully present in the U.S. and subsequently depart and seek re-entry through a grant of parole may be inadmissible and ineligible to adjust their status.

I was very happy to read this since I have filed all my forms concurrently....

Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome. immiresearch I am working on getting my DO & timeline in my signature. Just wanted to confirm what is a district office? I know this may sound silly but I don't know, the USCIS website gives me options of Application Support Center (ASC) Local office and Service center :(
Noella- The district(field) office is the place that you will do your interview. The ASC is the place where you will do fingerprinting and other things like infopass to inquire about your case. The ASC will always be closer to where you live than the DO. In some cases, the DO and the ASC will be the same office. For example in my case the ASC is in one city and the DO is another city. You can go to this website and enter the Zip code of where you live and you can get to know your Field Office(DO) and your ASC.
I wanted to insert a url and the darn forum says that you have to have more than 15 posts to include a url on the post. Just go to the USCIS website and go to resources and then if you like at the right hand side of the webpage there is a tab for other services and you click on Find a USCIS office. This will lead you to a page where you will click on either field office or ASC and you can enter the zip code and you have the DO and/or ASC.

Thanks for that post Noella that was a good read....

I was wondering when would i be able to apply for college cuz that wud really get my mind off the wait time....anyone knows

Thank you! so when did u file urs? wat state are u in

Well for starters I have added my progress to my signature, so that way's I can keep updating it as and when I hear anything. I will add my DO once I know which one it is. I am in Henderson, Texas and as far as I can tell, Irving-TX seem's to be the DO but I don't wanna make a wrong guess!

Thank you! so when did u file urs? wat state are u in

If we all add our DO and ASC to our signatures plus all the other updates, we will avoid questions like this that come up more than once. This will also facilitate better tracking and comparison since we all know that different DOs have different timelines.