Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

I was able to get my walk-in biometrics done today. There were around 3 people for walk-in and it was done real quick. Took around 10 minutes totally.

I was able to get my walk-in biometrics done today. There were around 3 people for walk-in and it was done real quick. Took around 10 minutes totally.

Induz, based on what youve researched...what are the benefits of doing a walk in prior to your scheduled date! does it speed up the process?

Induz, based on what youve researched...what are the benefits of doing a walk in prior to your scheduled date! does it speed up the process?

Hello Ctraquair - to be very frank, I have no clue about it. But I do keep reading from a lot of users' experience that it does speed up the EAD and AP application. I don't really need any of them since I am on L1 visa, but I just applied it along with the whole AOS package.
I have also been reading that a lot of ASCs allow walk-ins only on Wednesdays. So if you think you have the time and can make it to the Atlanta DO by 4 PM today, I think it will be worth a shot. Though Atlanta might be a lot busier than Indy.

BTW, can anyone of the recent filers see their cases online? I am still not able to see anything.

Hi all,
I received three emails about acceptance confirmation from USCIS yesterday. The emails also say that the petition has been routed to the NBC for processing. The checks cleared bank today.

BTW, can anyone of the recent filers see their cases online? I am still not able to see anything.

I have heard that most cases that go through NBC especially family based will have updates that are not current online. It could still say initial review and you are going for interview or have your EAD in hand. The trusted source of updates is the email/text service from them. I am not saying don't use the online cases, but sometime it lags behind alot.

@ immiresearch

what is included in the biometric appointment? do you need to provide documentation on anything specific? I will let my spouse know in order to prepare.

thanks!

Hey, I filled in Jan, and all I can see online is for I485 which is the one where they sent RFE. Other people on Jan filers forum do not see anything. It just says case no found. Does not even say initial review.

@omg_stfu

Mine is also the I-130 only. Do you know what the next steps of the process are? What do you mean when you say your priority date is 1/31?

I see a lot of people posting about a Biometrics appointment. What is that and do I have to have that meeting as well?

Thanks!

Static,
As someobody already responded, the Bio appt is only if you filed a concurrent I-485, meaning your spouse was already in the States.
We don't go through the same procedure. Once the 130 is approved, it goes to the NVC, you submit an I864, 232 and 2032 and pray regularly that CP does not take forever.
There's plenty of info on CP, you should be able to find it.

@ctraquair - Did you send all forms together? Or it needs to be sent in that order? I just applied for my lost I-94 to start the I-485 and I-130. Could you please guide me what is next? All applications must be sent to Chicago? Thank you so much for any help.

@ induz_
I am trying to get info about what to do... I am just starting... What forms did you send first? What is the next step? Thanks

Was able to do the walk-in today. According to what they said, they actually allow walk-in for those who miss their appointment or whose appointment date has passed. But since it wasn't busy when i got there (intentionally went in like 2pm), they let mw do it anyway. The whole process took like 10min.

@ immiresearch

what is included in the biometric appointment? do you need to provide documentation on anything specific? I will let my spouse know in order to prepare.

thanks!

I actually dont know how consular processing goes but i know, generally speaking, that there will be a point in the process that your wife will be required to have her finger print and biometric taken. Just relax everything is going to be ok.

Mine showed initial review the next day i recieved the sms and email alert for recipt notice and it has been like that till now. From peoples' experience, as long as you are recieving updates in the mail, it's fine! My suggestion though is to call the 800 number and see what they have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Till date, i didnt recieve any notice that my check has been cashed. The only kind of confirmation was that, on each I-797C for I-485 and I-130, there is a place where they put the amount they recieved for each applications. Dont know if anybody is experiencing this??

Till date, i didnt recieve any notice that my check has been cashed. The only kind of confirmation was that, on each I-797C for I-485 and I-130, there is a place where they put the amount they recieved for each applications. Dont know if anybody is experiencing this??

Immiresearch- Its great that those guys allowed you to do a walk in. I am planning on doing a walk in once i get my letter too.
I dont think they sent out a letter that the checks were cashed. You should be able to see that from you bank account. That is the only way to check and make sure that the checks went through. Most banks that have online access to your account will actually have a scanned copy of the check and from seeing the checks that I sent, DHS-USCIS will stamp on the front of the check.

I actually dont know how consular processing goes but i know, generally speaking, that there will be a point in the process that your wife will be required to have her finger print and biometric taken. Just relax everything is going to be ok.

With CP biometrics and FP are only at the POE. Consulates are not equipped to take biometrics and fingerprints. They rely only on police records from the country of citizenship of the spouse.

With CP biometrics and FP are only at the POE. Consulates are not equipped to take biometrics and fingerprints. They rely only on police records from the country of citizenship of the spouse.

I don't know if that is entirely true. Consulates in a lot of places are equipped to take FPs. Though the machines are not as fancy as the one I saw yesterday, but I definitely gave my FPs when I was issued a visa in my home country.

Immiresearch- Its great that those guys allowed you to do a walk in. I am planning on doing a walk in once i get my letter too.
I dont think they sent out a letter that the checks were cashed. You should be able to see that from you bank account. That is the only way to check and make sure that the checks went through. Most banks that have online access to your account will actually have a scanned copy of the check and from seeing the checks that I sent, DHS-USCIS will stamp on the front of the check.

Yes give it a try, it wont hurt! Well i sent money order and that is difficult to track. Am sure the only confirmation notice will be the one on the NOAs i recieved. Am not even bother a bit, i know USCIS will not sent you biometric notice if they are having problem cashing your money. They take the money and signature issues very seriously!