Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

I think you should be able to view your application online after you recieve your reciept number in the mail. The MSC number is what you use to view your case online and going by your timeline you posted up there, i believe you must have recieved it. Ofcourse poeple share different experience on it but the bottomline is that the online update cannot be really trusted or relied on. So as long as you dont have any problem or bump along the way, then you should be fine. And may be it will show up after your biometric. . .

N.B: can you try and put your timeline in your signature for easy comparison of timelines. Thank you!

Thanks immi! I have added my signature :)

01/20/2011 - Package mailed
01/24/2011 - Package received by USCIS
01/28/2011 - Checks encashed
01/31/2011 - NOA received for 130/485
02/04/2011 - Appointment for biometric received (scheduled for 03/01/2011)
XX/XXX/XX - Biometrics Date - 03/01/2011
XX/XXX/XX - Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
XX/XXX/XX - Interview Letter
XX/XXX/XX - Interview Date
XX/XXX/XX - Green Card Received

My package was delivered today to USCIS, now the waiting game begins and this will need some patience.
Induz- Are you planning on doing a walk-in Biometrics or will wait because that is like almost a month away?

My package was delivered today to USCIS, now the waiting game begins and this will need some patience.
Induz- Are you planning on doing a walk-in Biometrics or will wait because that is like almost a month away?

Hello thomkip - I was about to post an update. I tried to go for a walk-in today, but the security didn't allow me in, stating appointments schedules are honored on the date only. He then inquired what kind of appointment I have and I told it was for biometrics. He then suggested me to try again on Wednesday since they allow walk-ins only on Wednesday. So here I am back again and will try to get it done coming Wednesday.
Spent $5 for a 5 min parking :)

Update

I have submitted my papers on Monday 7th Feb 2010.

07-Feb-11 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
08-Feb-11 USCIS Received Application Signed by J C - Day 2
11-Feb-11 Email Received from USCIS with Receipt Number - Day 5
XX-XXX-XX Check Cleared
XX-XXX-XX Notice of Action Received
XX-XXX-XX Biometrics Notification
XX-XXX-XX Biometrics Date
XX-XXX-XX Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
XX-XXX-XX Interview Letter
XX-XXX-XX Interview Date
XX-XXX-XX Green Card Received

Anyone filing from the DC, MD or VA area?

02-Feb-11 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
04-Feb-11 USCIS Received Application - Day 3
09-Feb-11 Notice of Action Received - Day 8
10-Feb-11 Check Cashed - Day 9

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
I received the email and text today for my application! It is being sent to California service center...not sure why because I live in NJ...
Check not cashed yet.

Sent I-130/I-485 on 02/10/11
delivered 02/11/11

Email with receipt no. - 02/15/11

Biometric Appointment on 03/10/11 received on - 02/18/11

02-Feb-11 Application sent to Chicago, IL - Day 1
04-Feb-11 USCIS Received Application - Day 3
09-Feb-11 Notice of Action Received - Day 8
10-Feb-11 Check Cashed - Day 9

Now you are cruising and you are cruising really fast. Am really happy for you!. .I havent recieve my NOA yet nor are my checkes have been cashed. But oh well! if it is patience, i can take it! As long as something happen next week atleast, am good.

Which states are you janedoh and are you using an attorney?

Hi All,
I received the email and text today for my application! It is being sent to California service center...not sure why because I live in NJ...
Check not cashed yet.

I live in NJ too and that was why i was asking janedoh his/her location. I want to know if the deliveries of mails by USPS can affect timelines. Anyways congrats on your NOAs and its good to know we can track progress together.

My application and, to my feelings, couples of people on this thread too were transfer to CSC. They have best facilities up there than in texas service centre. So that is not really an issue. Goodluck!

Thanks immi! I have added my signature :)

01/20/2011 - Package mailed
01/24/2011 - Package received by USCIS
01/28/2011 - Checks encashed
01/31/2011 - NOA received for 130/485
02/04/2011 - Appointment for biometric received (scheduled for 03/01/2011)
XX/XXX/XX - Biometrics Date - 03/01/2011
XX/XXX/XX - Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
XX/XXX/XX - Interview Letter
XX/XXX/XX - Interview Date
XX/XXX/XX - Green Card Received

You welcome induz. And nice try on your biometric, give it another one on wednesday. All the best!

^^^^
The mail i recieved didnt actually mention anywhere. I thought they mention california there but they didnt. See the first paragraph of the mail

"Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number MSC****. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your application using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status."

As you can see they just say National benefits center but i think the MSC on the recipt number indiicates Missouri service center, so i think yours should starts with CSC***

that's strange...I wonder why mine said California...my information is below:

Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number ****. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit uscis.gov where you can check the status of your application using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

NOAs recieved in the mail but check still remained uncashed yet. Will see what happens next weeek

@ staticfade56
there is nothing strange about that, infact if what i read is true, all cases transfered to CSC are petition without interview. Regardless just be calm and positive. Does your reciept number starts with CSC . . ??

Hi Immiresearch

My receipt number starts with WAC and then it has a whole bunch of numbers.

My application is for the I-130. I am a USC and my husband lives in Belgium right now. Maybe that has something to do with it? I'm still checking around to see what the next steps are after filing the I-130.

Thanks for your input!

Hey all

Induz- Goodluck on your walk-in Biometrics
Welcome to the other guys that joined this group for this journey, goodluck everyone.

Ive made some real progress in the short weekend :)

Immi, whats the case with walk in biometrics appointments? Is there clear information online suggesting this is possible or did you just take a chance? Will it speed up the whole process?

Im pleased with my progress so far...