Any EB3 recevied RFE for their 485 applications?

How did u request a copy of the RFE?

sai06sai: Can you please tell me how you requested the copy of the RFE? Was it past the 30 day period that they require from original mailing date? Or did you say to them that since my address has changed so the email is lost? Please let me know.

I called them today to tell them that the RFE they sent to me is lost since my address has changed. They told me to wait for 30 days to expire before they would send me the RFE copy.

Thank you.

sai06sai said:
I called USCIS requested for RFE copy as I changed my address during this process. They mailed me the copy of the RFE along with the Change of Address confirmation letter. RFE is on

1)The record contains a letter from your prospective employer. The letter indicates that you have been employed by xxxxxx as a programmer Analyst. However the record does not contain any evidench which establishes that the terms of the permanent employment petition continue to exist. Therefore, you must submit a currently issued letter or other evidence from the prospective permanent employer indicating that the terms and conditions of the employment petition continue to exist.

2) Because your birth certificate is late registered, please submit the oldest available evidence which establishes the birth and parentage of xxxxxx. This evidence may include, but is not limited to:

a. Hospital birth records which name child and both parents
b. Medical records which name child and both parents
c. School records which name child and both parents
d. Census records which name child and both parents
e. Church records in form of a certificate under the seal of the church where the baptism dedication, presentation or comparable rite occurred whithin two months after birth, showing the date and place of childs birth, date of the religious ceremony and names of the childs parents

For 1) as I moved to another company a month ago I am going to show AC21 and I was with the GC filed companyu until last month

2) as I submitted my birth certificate which was late registered how to handle this?? Affidivat of parents and a third person will work out for this question?

Hello sai06sai,

Same question. How did you request it and did the customer service representative give you a confirmation number???

In my case because my attorney did not respond, I called USCIS to send the RFE directly to me. The representative said that he has made a request and they will send the RFE to my address. THen he said that it could take another 30 days for me to get the RFE.

My question to you is how many days after you requested, did you get the RFE copy.

Please respond

Sincerely
Dwl800

I got it before my attorney office receives it

On May 5th USCIS sent a RFE. I called them on 9th to change the address and same time I mentioned about RFE and asked them to sent a copy as there may be a possibiltity that I may miss the doc. I got it on 12th..My lasyer got it yesterday

Thank you.

sai06sai said:
On May 5th USCIS sent a RFE. I called them on 9th to change the address and same time I mentioned about RFE and asked them to sent a copy as there may be a possibiltity that I may miss the doc. I got it on 12th..My lasyer got it yesterday

sai06sai said:
I called USCIS requested for RFE copy as I changed my address during this process. They mailed me the copy of the RFE along with the Change of Address confirmation letter. RFE is on

1)The record contains a letter from your prospective employer. The letter indicates that you have been employed by xxxxxx as a programmer Analyst. However the record does not contain any evidench which establishes that the terms of the permanent employment petition continue to exist. Therefore, you must submit a currently issued letter or other evidence from the prospective permanent employer indicating that the terms and conditions of the employment petition continue to exist.

2) Because your birth certificate is late registered, please submit the oldest available evidence which establishes the birth and parentage of xxxxxx. This evidence may include, but is not limited to:

e. Church records in form of a certificate under the seal of the church where the baptism dedication, presentation or comparable rite occurred whithin two months after birth, showing the date and place of childs birth, date of the religious ceremony and names of the childs parents

For 1) as I moved to another company a month ago I am going to show AC21 and I was with the GC filed companyu until last month

2) as I submitted my birth certificate which was late registered how to handle this?? Affidivat of parents and a third person will work out for this question?
Hello Friends,

I am a new member to this group. I Got an RFE recently, same as sai06sai.
sai06sai, i had submitted affidavits for my BC and was told that it was not acceptable. Now I might have to get something from my school. Does anyone know what format USCIS might want it to be? I doubt whether any records in India have both parents name? Any idea?

omnamahshiva said:
i had submitted affidavits for my BC and was told that it was not acceptable.

If you did not have Ur birth certificate then affidavits are only way ...
You need 1 affadavit/certificate from the authorities .. stating that they cannot locate your date of Birth... and then one certificate from Ur parents stating Ur birth date .. and one from Ur relative who should be an adult at the time of birth.

If you are from india then you get Ur birthdate on Ur 10th Standard certificate.

what is Ur PD and EB category?

Good Luck.

jeans said:
I came TO usa in year 1999 March, but was on H1-B with the company through whom i came to USA and was not working anywhere as my employer could show me any project.
So, i searched for other company and I got an employement with another company in July 1999 who also filed my H1-B and i am with the same company till now who has also been processing my GC.

Now in the RFE, NSC is asking what i have been doing from 1999 March till July 1999, as i have no employer for this duration.
I don't have even tax statements or paystubs for this period. They are asking to resolve the discrepancy and show them i entered US
on H1-B NONIMMIGRANT VISA

Is there any way where i can have any workaround for this situation that could be present in response to the RFE.

Please advise.

This is infact scary that .. USCIS is now going into the minute details ...
But I could not understand .. how USCIS is so much concerned with that intial 4 months period for otheriwise clean record.

I think you are OK though.. U can say U were working for Company A .. who was also holding Ur H1b at that time... If they ask for more details ... then I guess U can say the company did not pay you so U joined another ...
As U are under 6 months and U got a new H1b .. you should be OK.

What is Ur attorney saying .... A comment on this from senior guys like sara and unitednations might be useful.

Actually there was no LUD change. The LUD changed on May 4th and that was the day when the message changed saying that USCIS has requested additional evidence.

Well anyways, i have not received it until today. I called USCIS and they said they will try to send it to me ASAP

garam.chadi said:
dwl800 / sai06sai,

I wanted to know if there was an LUD before you got the RFE.

Thanks

Not Sure

sai06sai said:
GCLover007,

Is these affidavit good enough for Birth Certificate RFE (as it registered lately)? We don't need any of these as they mentioned in RFE

I am not sure affidavit is enough to answer this RFE. Your attorney can better assist you. (I too waiting for my attorney's answer)

Also I heard that from local INS you can get a birth verification by showing your Passport. Any one has any idea on this? Please give some info on how to get from INS.

GCLover007

GCLOVER007 said:
I am not sure affidavit is enough to answer this RFE. Your attorney can better assist you. (I too waiting for my attorney's answer)

Also I heard that from local INS you can get a birth verification by showing your Passport. Any one has any idea on this? Please give some info on how to get from INS.

GCLover007

I too got RFE on birth certificate. My attorney said to get 2 affidavits and SSC school certificate copy. I do not have any kind of hospital/medical/religious records. I heard if you are born before 1970 affidavits are OK. Birth Certificate from Consulate is not helpful to support RFE, said attorney, as they are looking for more evidence from native place.

Attoney replied to REF 2 days ago. Have to wait and see whether they are acceptable.

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Birth Certificate RFE

I also got the RFE. Actually my lawyer received the mail and they forwarded it to me.
When filing for I485 originally, we submitted the birth certificate (obtained from Municipality/Corporation) and affidavits from parents for this purpose. The RFE specifically mentions NOT to send any more affidavits. They want a certificate that establishes my birth and parentage and the document shud have date birth along with names of both parents. The examples of docs listed are: 1. Hospital birth records 2. Medical recs 3. School recs 4. Census recs 4. Church recs.
I have yet to check into school records but I dont have the rest. I am lost here.

I couldn't help wondering why USCIS is obsessed with this birth certificate? What does it prove or help US when I was born or who my parents are :)

If anyone has already prepared to respond to such an RFE or already responded to, please share your ideas.

BTW my lawyer is asking for money to respond to this RFE. What amount is worth it? :)

I think we should have a separate thread just for Birth Certificate RFE as everyone will be getting this RFE from NSC soon.

My attorney is charging 800 to respond to two RFEs( mine - Employment letter and Spouse - Medicals).

Nadi said:
If you did not have Ur birth certificate then affidavits are only way ...
You need 1 affadavit/certificate from the authorities .. stating that they cannot locate your date of Birth... and then one certificate from Ur parents stating Ur birth date .. and one from Ur relative who should be an adult at the time of birth.

If you are from india then you get Ur birthdate on Ur 10th Standard certificate.

what is Ur PD and EB category?

Good Luck.
Nadi,thanks for the reply.my PD is June'03,EB3

Your attorney is charging $800 for responding to RFE? Your RFE's responses should be part of the fees you/company paid for the I-485. That is absolute extortion.

Any idea??

Grandhipal said:
I also got the RFE. Actually my lawyer received the mail and they forwarded it to me.
When filing for I485 originally, we submitted the birth certificate (obtained from Municipality/Corporation) and affidavits from parents for this purpose. The RFE specifically mentions NOT to send any more affidavits. They want a certificate that establishes my birth and parentage and the document shud have date birth along with names of both parents. The examples of docs listed are: 1. Hospital birth records 2. Medical recs 3. School recs 4. Census recs 4. Church recs.
I have yet to check into school records but I dont have the rest. I am lost here.

I couldn't help wondering why USCIS is obsessed with this birth certificate? What does it prove or help US when I was born or who my parents are :)

If anyone has already prepared to respond to such an RFE or already responded to, please share your ideas.

BTW my lawyer is asking for money to respond to this RFE. What amount is worth it? :)

I think we should have a separate thread just for Birth Certificate RFE as everyone will be getting this RFE from NSC soon.

can anyone have this RFE and help required to respond..

1) I filed with my Birth Certificate given by the muncipality which I collected just before filing (in 2002). The RFE on this is as it is late registered they want earliest available record which establishes my birth and parentage and the document shud have date birth along with names of both parents. The examples of docs listed are: 1. Hospital birth records 2. Medical recs 3. School recs 4. Census recs 4. Church recs.

2) For my wife we submitted 3 affidavits. Now RFE is they need non-availability certificate as well as other record which establishes her birth and parentage and the document shud have date birth along with names of both parents. They clearly mentioned in this RFE they already have affidavits in record so they dont want any affidavits...

How to respond to these RFE. Anyone responded to these kind of RFEs. Please share as it help all others too.

I also got same RFE-Late birth registration. USCIS wanted 2 affidavits and they didnt ask for records.

I got an RFE for birth certificate. I submitted the birth certificate issued by Indian Consulate and USCIS didn't accept that. USCIS wants my birth certificate from local municipal office and the secondary evidences such as Hospital birth records, Medical records, School records, Census records, Church records and/or affidavits.

My BC was late registered. I plan to submit the following:

1. Late registered BC
2. Affidavits
3. X mark sheet (has only DOB, parents name not listed)
4. Driver's License (has DOB and Father's name)
5. Non availability certificate

Any idea on how to get census record in India? Is it available at the local municipal office? Is there anything else that I could add to the above list? Thanks.

Hi all, I received RFE email on May 16th, but i haven't (my attorney didn't receive it either) received the RFE Notice yet. Its been more than a week.
How much time will it take to get RFE Notice via mail?

Thanks