• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any DV 2005 waiting for AOS interview?

Hi again,
During interview we were told that my security check was OK but my husband's hadn't passed yet. Since he was the winner whole family has to wait for him to be cleared. Also, every other week he goes to Info pass appt. and every time he gets the same answer that he wasn't cleared yet. I highly doubt that, sounds fishy, right? Once he even got an answer that we are "on mercy of FBI". Hey, our case has been pending since November 2004!

Thanks guys!
I've just scheduled the appointment with the lawyer for next Thursday and the infopass for the same day. I just don't want to regret for not having done something. Best case scenario: cancelation of both!
Keep in touch!

Margarina! I reminded the officer that we had the interview with her on the date, and time. And that she did not stamp my passport, and that I am still waiting for the green card. I told her my A# and asked her to make sure that she approves my case! Good luck! Agi

majanikol said:
I've just scheduled the appointment with the lawyer for next Thursday and the infopass for the same day

Good luck, Maya!
I think you are doing the right thing!

Name Check Still Waiting

Hi Guys, it seems there are quite a few people in the same predicament. I am a DV2005 winner from Asia and my number became current in June. I submitted AOS paperwork to Newark NJ in October, Fingerprints in December, Interview on January 31st and the officer said the same things, wait for number to be current and the name check to come through. I did an infopass inquiry in person on June 13th and while everything else has come around, my name check is still pending and the USCIS people say there's no telling how long it will take. What the hell is this insanity? Is it that hard knowing that DV entrants only have a couple of months to go? We need to get a class action lawsuit together. I've written to a couple of senators and a congressperson so far, but I dont know how much they can help.

Hi Nub,
I just sent inquiry to my senator. We'll see, maybe something good come out. I'm going to wait till end of July and then we will definitely hire a good immigration lawer before it's too late. We live in the US for ten years and we don't have even a speed ticket. I'm sure they can't find ANYTHING wrong, they are just careless!

Hi Nub,

Welcome to the club!
This is a big problem - as of now I don't know if my name check is pending or not because I haven't been interviewed...Why don't you follow Agi's advice and write a letter to the officer who interviewed you - he might be able to speed up the name check...

Maybe

If the FBI name check is pending, I dont know why the USCIS officers would have any influence to expedite the process. Can the USCIS officer force the FBI to expedite the checking? I'm sure that Agi already had his name check done in time, and that the officer just didnt notice.

nub4057 I agree with you! I think she was just "sitting on the file"! It does not take that long for the name check! Very very annoying!

Good luck!

Hey guys,
I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. I've scheduled it only for Thursday the 30th. When I said "next" I didn't realize that there was one closer "next" Thursday.
Anyway, I'll post whatever I find out, even though I'm not expecting too much!
Hope I'll hear some good new from any of you by Thursday! :)

infopass

I also scheduled an infopass for this Friday. I am not optimistic about the outcome. The main reason I am going is that I will contact my congressman and I think I will look better if I make an effort to get info about my case. Guys, don't you think that the delay is due to this reorganization at CIS. More specifically to the fact that now most states need to file through Chicago. For this reason I don't think that past processing times are necessarily a guide for us. Nora

FBI phone number for name check inquiry.

I found this on FAQ about general I485 issues:

In response to the increasing number of name checks being delayed the FBI has set up a public enquiry phone #

it is 202 324 2399

I think you should only call this # when your application has been adjuducated and is pending FBI namecheck for approval.

ie, if you have had an interview, or have done a status check due to big delay and you have been told that all that is needed to get approval is your FBI name check to clear, then call FBI.

it will not make your name check happen any faster but it will let you know if

1 if/when FBI recieved request

2 if/when FBI cleared your name

3 if /when FBI sent info to USCIS

if there is a bureaucratic problem at any of these stages-- is FBI didnt get it, USCIS didnt send it, etc etc you can address it

do not call this # just out of curiosity, or this # will become useless to those who need it.

FYI here is my understanding of the name check process.

When officer opens your file, to adjudicate it, they submit the FBI name check, which is done "electronically".

Most [85%] of names clear electronically in 2-3days and there is no delay to adjudication

however, If there is a hit on your name as a potential security risk, the FBI checks your name manually, which is where the delays occur.

Hi guys, I just called this number. They don't recieve calls since December 24, 2004 but they left an e-mail adress fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov You have to write them name, DOB and A# and they will eventually return informations. We'll see, I'll try!

Margarina,

Thank you for the information! I have just sent an email to them. I also sent a Freedom of Information request to the FBI to see if they have any records on me. If they don't, but the name check lasts too long, there might be an administrative problem and also I have more ammunition when I contact my congressman. Nora