Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

Got my EAD!!. Cool, how has everyone applied for their SSN with this card?? Any ideas on what documents i need to bring?

Don't apply till you get your GC. With EAD they will issue you a SS card with restriction printed on it. Fill out a online form, take your GC and you are good to go.

I went to SS Office this afternoon--unfortunately their computer system was down, but you need a valid passport and I gave them my work permit, that was it. They're supposed to give you a receipt notice when you're done. I asked if I can still apply for jobs without that receipt and she said your work permit card should be good enough.

She also said it can take up to 4 weeks, and because of the immigration checks, it may take that long vs. someone just getting a new SSN.

In the next 4 to 5 days you can visit them and they can give you your SS number.

GC rec'd today..see timeline.

Hey guys, not happy interviews being experienced by other posters, hope all works out well for those waiting.

Timeline:-
7/27/2010 => Mailed I-130/I-485/i765 to Chicago lockbox
8/02/2010 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
8/05/2010 => Email from USCIS with receipt numbers
8/08/2010 => Received notices of action (receipts) in the mail
8/11/2010 => Received I-797C appt. letter for biometrics (for 9/9)
9/09/2010 => Biometrics completed for both 1485 and 1765
9/27/2010 => EAD Card - Production ordered - Self and Spouse(derivative)
10/4/2010 => EAD Card and IL for Nov 9th rec'd - Self, Spouse and son..
11/9/2010 => Interview - Approved GC in mail 2/3 weeks.
11/22/2010 => GC rec'd

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enochy,
There is a difference with the two petitioner and sponsor..

1 - Sponsor is the person who filed affidavit of support for you (could be petitioner or someone else)
If someone else he/she do not require to be at the interview.

2 - Petitioner is your parent/sibling/spouse - whoever it is, make sure they are at the interview.
In our interview, IO went thru thr ID documents of my sister(petitioner)

Citi786 has been emphasizing this over and over again.

Is the petitioner(sponsor) required to be at the interview?

Is somebody still praying for me? please stop :| it doesn't really help... I'm stuck... it's been 101 days (since the last shipment in august... 8 months since the first (damn))

I'm honestly freaking out... The guy at the Infopass sent a request to pull my case 2 weeks ago... no soft lud on my case since the 8th... how long does it take for them to send an answer??? damn... I want my EAD

Is somebody still praying for me? please stop :| it doesn't really help... I'm stuck... it's been 101 days (since the last shipment in august... 8 months since the first (damn))

I'm honestly freaking out... The guy at the Infopass sent a request to pull my case 2 weeks ago... no soft lud on my case since the 8th... how long does it take for them to send an answer??? damn... I want my EAD

I know someone from NY. She filed on 08/02/2010 and still haven't got an EAD yet. There has to be something wrong, what does your lawyer say?

Hi All,

I got my EAD in the mail today. I thank God for he has been good to me. This is really a thanksgiving day.

I have waited for the Biometrics for quite awhile... I felt scared that it will never come in the mail but due to my patience, it finally arrived.

I apologize if my timeline is not as detailed as it supposed to be.

--------
Here's my timeline:
Married to USC - CA
August 12 - mailed I-130, I-485, I-765
November 12 - did my biometrics
November 22 - received EAD

Is the petitioner(sponsor) required to be at the interview?

Our USC daughter was our petitioner and sponsor. The IO was not happy that she was not with us but continued the interview and we were approved. He did however telephone her during the interview and asked her a few questions, and if she had signed the forms.

So, whilst it does not seem to be mandatory, it seems to be preferred for the petitioner to accompany the beneficiaries to the interview.

On the letter we received there were no attendance guidelines for Parent/child where the child is the petitioner.

I think its because we don't pray enough and personally I dont even know how. Hey on the bright side if it makes you feel better - I am still waiting my biometrics its been 109 days for me since Ive filed

Oh boy as if nothing else could go wrong -

I lost my notice that my application was received for my I-485
I guess its because I take it out all the time to call customer service and I put it somewhere forgot to put it back in the file I have and now I cannot find it -

I made an infopass appointment for Dec 1st - that was the closest one available in my area - they said to bring the notice along with id .

I do have the notice of application received for the Employment Authorization and I-130

Anyone knows how I can get back a copy or do i need this at all .

Booo hoooo

Hi Makriba,
I note your case is for Naturalization.

So the IO went ahead - several cases for Naturalization I know of - no petitioner attended and all was fine..

In these LPR cases with 245i benefits, IOs are definitely looking for the petitioner.
Citi786 did ask the IO at his interview why it is not stated on the IL to have the petitioner attend, IO told Citi786, it was because they wanted to make sure the petitioner was alive ''God forbid'' because if the petitioner is deceased it is the end of the case.
Our USC daughter was our petitioner and sponsor. The IO was not happy that she was not with us but continued the interview and we were approved. He did however telephone her during the interview and asked her a few questions, and if she had signed the forms.

So, whilst it does not seem to be mandatory, it seems to be preferred for the petitioner to accompany the beneficiaries to the interview.

On the letter we received there were no attendance guidelines for Parent/child where the child is the petitioner.

Hey Guys,
Imiqrous, CaViCchi,

Be encouraged, dont lose hope. When you least expect it, something will happen on your case. Most of all DONT STOP PRAYING. All the best to you

Immiqrous, C'mon dont loose hope now, youre getting sloppy here, lets not loose focus!!. Its going to come and everything is going to happen accordingly. Everyone is pretty much in the same situation until they get their GC approved, therefore we are all in the same boat. Im still praying for you so even if you are not, i still do it.

On a side note, Citi, i was told that without a SSN, i cant get a Drivers License here in NY. And that temporary label on the SSN card can be taken off for free once you show them your GC. Is any of this true?

Cada43,

On a side note, Citi, i was told that without a SSN, i cant get a Drivers License here in NY.
This is correct you must take your ss card with you to any NY DMV

And that temporary label on the SSN card can be taken off for free once you show them your GC. Is any of this true?
Correct - This is the procedure after you receive your GC - go to SS office to get your SS card restriction removed
Immiqrous, C'mon dont loose hope now, youre getting sloppy here, lets not loose focus!!. Its going to come and everything is going to happen accordingly. Everyone is pretty much in the same situation until they get their GC approved, therefore we are all in the same boat. Im still praying for you so even if you are not, i still do it.

On a side note, Citi, i was told that without a SSN, i cant get a Drivers License here in NY. And that temporary label on the SSN card can be taken off for free once you show them your GC. Is any of this true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I understand, so basically another waiting game for my SS card to come in the mail so I can get my DL. bleghhh.

Yeah, I understand, so basically another waiting game for my SS card to come in the mail so I can get my DL. bleghhh.

You don't need a physical card, and you can use your number only at the DMV. Once you apply of the card, you may visit their office after 4 or 5 days and they will give you the SS number.
Secondly yes, you will have to go back again to get the condition removed. If you don't have a DL then I would suggest to just go and get your SS taken care of using your EAD.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

It's been 14 days since my package went in (through lawyer) still haven't recieved my NOA's. Seem like when a lawyer is involved it takes longer to get an update.
Has anyone had this experience?

UPDATE:

08/17/10 (Day 0) Package sent to Chicago IL (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-693, G-325A)
08/19/10 (Day 2) Documents received at Chicago
08/27/10 (Day 10) Both Checks cashed($1010 and $355)
08/30/10 (Day 13) NOA received by mail for I-485, I-765, I-130)
09/01/10 (Day 15) checked online status case only for I-485 and I-765, I-130 doesn't work
09/04/10 (Day 18) FP letter received for 09/21/10 ASC in Pittsburgh, PA
09/21/10 (Day 35) FP and pictures Done, took 15 min
09/27/10 (Day 41) I-765 Expedite service request due to financial situation
09/27/10 (Day 41) USCIS email with request to proof financial hardship
09/28/10 (Day 42) faxed proof to USCIS
09/29/10 (Day 43) I-765 approved e-mail from USCIS, e-mail - card production ordered and text message about online case update
10/04/10 (Day 48) I-765 production ordered email and text from USCIS again
10/05/10 (Day 49) I-765 approval letter mailed email and text from USCIS again
10/07/10 (Day 51) EAD received
10/22/10 (Day 66) Interview letter received for 11/24/10 in Pittsburgh, PA
11/24/10 (Day 99) AOS interview. Approved. Card production ordered

(max 10 min, asked my BIO from application, yes/no questions and how we met, that's it. She said : "You're married more that 2 years, have a child together. Makes my job easier" She said that she is going to approve my case. That's it)

Happy Thanksgiving !!!! May Lord God Bless You!!!