Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

My wife's GC came in the mail last night - 11 days after the interview. Nice to finally have it out of the way, and glad we won't have to bother with that secondary inspection crap with the stamp in her passport when we come back from Europe in two weeks.

Good luck to all of you still waiting.

Congrats!
wonder what happened to cavvichhi, he had a infopass and since then we haven't heard from him..........

I went to the infopass... but the guy said that they are way behind... so it will take 90-120 days... well I'm way past the 90-day mark... actually 95... and waiting... I know that the 4 months before don't count for them... but count for me :|... I've been waiting forever...

how are the california petitioner today? how many got their EAD yet?

Its way too long for you too...I hope you get it soon- goodluck CaViCcHi !

I went to the infopass... but the guy said that they are way behind... so it will take 90-120 days... well I'm way past the 90-day mark... actually 95... and waiting... I know that the 4 months before don't count for them... but count for me :|... I've been waiting forever...

how are the california petitioner today? how many got their EAD yet?

Well... we had our interview and our case has not been approved (yet). We had bad luck with the IO. She was very nice but inexperienced (may be 4 months in the job?). Apparently she had only skimmed our file before the interview. Unfortunately, even though our current case is pretty straight forward (USC brother), our USCIS folder is very thick due to a previous legalization (LULAC) case that went on forever. Anyways, I got the impression she had not read our file and was not prepared to give us a decision no matter what. Once she realized (during the interview!!) that there has been a previous legalization case, she stepped out of the room for several minutes. I believe she was consulting with a supervisor. Then came back and collected more info and sent us home. I'll post more detailed notes about the whole thing later but wanted to give an update to the folks that are supporting us.

I believe that even before we sat down, IO intended for this to be just an opportunity to go through the Yes/No question and verify our documents. With the intention to do her analysis after the interview. Why not do her analysis in the last x weeks she has been sitting in our file??? don't know! It was a waste of time for us because and it just creates unnecessary anxiety. Anyways we still hope for a happy ending (a la faddu) and getting a positive response over the next few days. We will see.

Trader im so sorry to hear that, unfortunately just like any other federal institution, there are those mediocre workers who dont really step up to the plate. Im definately sure everything will work out and we will all be keeping you on our prayers.

Well... we had our interview and our case has not been approved (yet). We had bad luck with the IO. She was very nice but inexperienced (may be 4 months in the job?). Apparently she had only skimmed our file before the interview. Unfortunately, even though our current case is pretty straight forward (USC brother), our USCIS folder is very thick due to a previous legalization (LULAC) case that went on forever. Anyways, I got the impression she had not read our file and was not prepared to give us a decision no matter what. Once she realized (during the interview!!) that there has been a previous legalization case, she stepped out of the room for several minutes. I believe she was consulting with a supervisor. Then came back and collected more info and sent us home. I'll post more detailed notes about the whole thing later but wanted to give an update to the folks that are supporting us.

I believe that even before we sat down, IO intended for this to be just an opportunity to go through the Yes/No question and verify our documents. With the intention to do her analysis after the interview. Why not do her analysis in the last x weeks she has been sitting in our file??? don't know! It was a waste of time for us because and it just creates unnecessary anxiety. Anyways we still hope for a happy ending (a la faddu) and getting a positive response over the next few days. We will see.

Tarderc,

sometimes the junior IO conducts the interview and they are not authorized to make any decision so they have to consult with there supervisor same thing happened with your case. Just hang in there my brother inshallah you will get the good news pretty soon. Iwill pray for you inshallah everything will be ok just stay positive.

traderEC,

You're in our prayers.....hope for the best.

Did she ask anything about the LULAC? (I had a case too)

Mark my words! No one can stop you and your wife from getting a GC, that's my promise to you. CSS/LULAC has nothing to do with your currents case, your is case is bullet proof, 245i protected and eventually you both will get your GC's. I totally understand your frustration and hope and pray that you guys will get the good news soon.

God Bless!

Hey Citi786 Congrats to u and family,

Is there somewhere where it says CSS/LULAC has no bearing on other cases?
Im 245i as well and I hear all kinds of stories. I'd feel better if I could at least read where it says that I could put my mind at rest somewhat.
Thanks.

Omg traderec I am so very sorry to hear what happened. I know that you will have a very happy ending please keep faith.

My Husband and I had our interview in Orlando on Tuesday. We are being sponsored by our daughter who recently became a USC. We have been in the US for almost 12 years as E2 visa holders.

It really did not start off too well. I had read the letter very carefully several times, and it did not say that our daughter had to accompany us, but the officer was not very happy that she was not there. he said that they " generally " do not conduct the interviews without the petitioner being present, however, it must not be mandatory as he did continue. He did however telephone our daughter during the interview and asked her if she knew where her parents were, some personal family related questions, and also if she had signed the forms.

The second thing- dress code - again, the letter did not mention a dress code. we are in Florida. I wore a dress and matching sandals ( not flip flops ), and my husband was wearing nice linen dress shorts and a button down polo shirt. the officer castigated my husband somewhat, and said if he were to come to the immigration office again he should dress more appropriately, and ( quote ) " not as if you're going to the beach "

All this was in the first couple of minutes, and I was feeling increasingly nervous, even though we were fairly certain that we had a had a valid petition.

the rest of the interview went uneventfully , we went through the 485 form, and the officer asked us both about the names of each others parents which was also a little puzzling as this was not marriage based, and we have been married 34 years. we had all of our original birth certificates and our marriage certificate, and our daughters birth and marriage certificates, as well as her naturalization certificate.

At the end, he said " we will notify you by mail of our decision in the next 2 weeks . If we need any further information we will call you by 4pm today "

We had no phone call and when I checked our status online later in the afternoon it had changed to " card production ordered "

So, I think we have been approved, but I will feel better when we have the card in hand.

A point to note for anyone in Orlando - they obviously prefer business dress to casual. If we have to go again my husband will wear trousers, shirt and tie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I did my Biometrics today at 2 pm, walked in, great staff and very friendly. At 6 pm I got the EAD Production E-mail...that was incredibly fast!!. I was amazed on how fast that took, compared to how long the Biometrics appt took to get here. Anyway Im on my way, slowly but patiently. Hope all is well with everyone else!. Imiqrous keep your head high!! New York is finally moving. :)

Thanks for now leaving me behind :( - I made an info pass for today but the officer called and said that they are canceling all appointments for this week due to problems in the building- i called up customer service yesterday- she said on Nov 11 - my biometrics was sent to Hicksville Application Support Center - have no idea where that is- Im guessing somewhere on Long Island -If I had stayed in NYC maybe i would have been served faster - we moved to L.I. this July) - So the lady said I can only just wait-

Guess they have a lot of Haitians and Chileans here in NY- she said they are getting preference over everything else. I can be a bit sadistically and hope for a disaster to hit my home country that will probably bump me up the line-
oK Joke joke really I have an awful sense of humor - anyway I will continue to wait
in the mean time CONGRATS to everyone who got their greencard
special shout out to Citi - you have been really helpful on this board.

bvkmails;As per my case I think I should better follow what you had suggested instead of waiting said:
BVK - My I-485 has been in the acceptance stage since I got the first notice and has not changed-
the 130 and 765 have both been in Initial review since August - I have given up on any kind of hope that it is going to change .I made an infopass but the office called to cancel - they have some problem with their building. I'll keep you posted - my biometrics have been sent to Local ASC so its just a matter of waiting in line now.

immiqrous it is so not cool to wait this long. I do hope you'll get your fp appointment this month. good luck!

The second thing- dress code - again, the letter did not mention a dress code. we are in Florida. I wore a dress and matching sandals ( not flip flops ), and my husband was wearing nice linen dress shorts and a button down polo shirt. the officer castigated my husband somewhat, and said if he were to come to the immigration office again he should dress more appropriately, and ( quote ) " not as if you're going to the beach "

Makrida,

Congratulations!!! I know how Orlando can be, nice and warm weather, USCIS official was clearly NOT amused by the beach attire both you had on, just chalk it as experience to learn from for future US citizenship process. Business casual is acceptable, but sandals is pushing it too the limit. Also, you were fortunate he didn't reschedule due to you daughter's absence, a petitioner is usually required. Yes, you are approved and the card should be in the mail soon, your mailman will probably deliver wearing swim short, speedos.

immiqrous - Its way too long, honestly I don't anticipate them to speed up the process. I had earlier this week called up the Customer support and spoke with the second level - it seems they received huge volume of applications and would take a while, I think I saw this response even before too in this forum- she also mentioned it depends on how agile the officer who has our records- if he/she is on vacation or doesn't act fast we could be here for a long haul...I feel there should be a process to at least update us on where we stand.

The only positive was few people such as 'rmuduga' yesterday received biometrics, so I am hoping we might get it soon as well.

Do keep me posted once you go through the infopass appt - we never know it might be helpful.

BVK - My I-485 has been in the acceptance stage since I got the first notice and has not changed-
the 130 and 765 have both been in Initial review since August - I have given up on any kind of hope that it is going to change .I made an infopass but the office called to cancel - they have some problem with their building. I'll keep you posted - my biometrics have been sent to Local ASC so its just a matter of waiting in line now.

Last edited by a moderator: