Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

Well I had called Secondary customer service before and asked them about the delays, and the gentleman told me that there were a lot of petition from Haiti, never knew about the Chile ones. In any case, Immiqrous, Long Island is where i am, Im thinking they probably delayed our side of New York, however i went to the Holtsville ASC which is huge, and brand spanking new towards the eastern part of the Island. Youll prob get your EAD Notice the same day you do your FP, i just had another friend get the same thing. Keep your head up, this is all gona happen.

I have to start researching how I'll be able to get my license with this EAD, has anyone had any experience with this?? Even better... in NY?

Makrida,

Congratulations!!! I know how Orlando can be, nice and warm weather, USCIS official was clearly NOT amused by the beach attire both you had on, just chalk it as experience to learn from for future US citizenship process. Business casual is acceptable, but sandals is pushing it too the limit. Also, you were fortunate he didn't reschedule due to you daughter's absence, a petitioner is usually required. Yes, you are approved and the card should be in the mail soon, your mailman will probably deliver wearing swim short, speedos.

LOL..Thanks Al...we certainly learn something from every experience.

Hey Citi786 Congrats to u and family,

Is there somewhere where it says CSS/LULAC has no bearing on other cases?
Im 245i as well and I hear all kinds of stories. I'd feel better if I could at least read where it says that I could put my mind at rest somewhat.
Thanks.

I had the same concern but my attorney stated that its not related, that's all I know and was assured by him not to worry. Only thing he warned me was not to admit if I ever used a fake EAD or a GC, which in my case I never did.

Well I had called Secondary customer service before and asked them about the delays, and the gentleman told me that there were a lot of petition from Haiti, never knew about the Chile ones. In any case, Immiqrous, Long Island is where i am, Im thinking they probably delayed our side of New York, however i went to the Holtsville ASC which is huge, and brand spanking new towards the eastern part of the Island. Youll prob get your EAD Notice the same day you do your FP, i just had another friend get the same thing. Keep your head up, this is all gona happen.

I have to start researching how I'll be able to get my license with this EAD, has anyone had any experience with this?? Even better... in NY?

Take your picture ID, your EAD, fill out the form and you are done! DMV verifies your SS# at the spot now.

Thanks for ur reply citi. Again all the best

My Pleasure. I went for a job interview this afternoon, it was the second time they called me be interviewed by the Regional Managers. Everything went well and now hoping and praying to get the job soon.

Thanks for now leaving me behind :( - I made an info pass for today but the officer called and said that they are canceling all appointments for this week due to problems in the building- i called up customer service yesterday- she said on Nov 11 - my biometrics was sent to Hicksville Application Support Center - have no idea where that is- Im guessing somewhere on Long Island -If I had stayed in NYC maybe i would have been served faster - we moved to L.I. this July) - So the lady said I can only just wait-

Guess they have a lot of Haitians and Chileans here in NY- she said they are getting preference over everything else. I can be a bit sadistically and hope for a disaster to hit my home country that will probably bump me up the line-
oK Joke joke really I have an awful sense of humor - anyway I will continue to wait
in the mean time CONGRATS to everyone who got their greencard
special shout out to Citi - you have been really helpful on this board.

Your kind words gave me chills! That's what makes me come back here again and again.
Thanks!

My Pleasure. I went for a job interview this afternoon, it was the second time they called me be interviewed by the Regional Managers. Everything went well and now hoping and praying to get the job soon.

2 interviews is usually a good sign you'll get the job. Good luck

Well I have great everybody got my ead card in mail 11-18-10 went and apply for ssn on 11-19-10. By next we should get ssn in mail.\
Great news everybody recieved my biometrics appt letter today.
9-09-10 => Sent package
9-10-10 => uscis recieved package
9-17-10 => checks cashed
9-23-10 => recieved noa i485 i765
9-27-10 => recieved biometrics appt letter for 10-12-10
10-04-10=> did biometrics
11-18-10=> recieved ead card (3)
11-19-10=> apply for ssn#

Well I have great everybody got my ead card in mail 11-18-10 went and apply for ssn on 11-19-10. By next we should get ssn in mail.\
Great news everybody recieved my biometrics appt letter today.
9-09-10 => Sent package
9-10-10 => uscis recieved package
9-17-10 => checks cashed
9-23-10 => recieved noa i485 i765
9-27-10 => recieved biometrics appt letter for 10-12-10
10-04-10=> did biometrics
11-18-10=> recieved ead card (3)
11-19-10=> apply for ssn#

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
Congrats to the Queen living in queens.............................and to the family too......

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... we had our interview and our case has not been approved (yet). We had bad luck with the IO. She was very nice but inexperienced (may be 4 months in the job?). Apparently she had only skimmed our file before the interview. Unfortunately, even though our current case is pretty straight forward (USC brother), our USCIS folder is very thick due to a previous legalization (LULAC) case that went on forever. Anyways, I got the impression she had not read our file and was not prepared to give us a decision no matter what. Once she realized (during the interview!!) that there has been a previous legalization case, she stepped out of the room for several minutes. I believe she was consulting with a supervisor. Then came back and collected more info and sent us home. I'll post more detailed notes about the whole thing later but wanted to give an update to the folks that are supporting us.

I believe that even before we sat down, IO intended for this to be just an opportunity to go through the Yes/No question and verify our documents. With the intention to do her analysis after the interview. Why not do her analysis in the last x weeks she has been sitting in our file??? don't know! It was a waste of time for us because and it just creates unnecessary anxiety. Anyways we still hope for a happy ending (a la faddu) and getting a positive response over the next few days. We will see.

Im sorry for the bad interview experience, but Im sure you will get approved since it will ultimately goto the supervisor. Can you elaborate on what the LULAC does and how it effects your case??(Its a Latino organization right? googled it..)

Im sorry for the bad interview experience, but Im sure you will get approved since it will ultimately goto the supervisor. Can you elaborate on what the LULAC does and how it effects your case??(Its a Latino organization right? googled it..)

LULAC/CSS are sort of an amnesty for folks who had been living here in US since or before 1981. There were several law suits filed by attorney to grant amnesty to about 450000 individual. When finally the lawsuit was over and USCIS started to adjudicate their cases (mid 2000's) they denied several hundred thousand cased due to lack of supporting documents. Having said that, how does this affect your present case? well since you have a long history with the USCIS, they want to check everything, each and every document in your file. Unfortunately in Trader's case, the IO is new and didn't know anything about css/lulac lawsuits.

I have a very strong feeling that they will get their GC's approved very soon!

09/07/2010 => Day 1 => Sent in I-485, I-130, I-765, G-1145 via courier
09/09/2010 => Day 3 => mail from USCIS with 3 receipt numbers MSC
09/28/2010 => Day 22 => Notice of Action Received
10/01/2010 => Day 25 => Biometrics Notification
10/07/2010 => Day 31 => Biometrics Date
10/28/2010 => Day 52 => NOA rec'd Appt date Nov 30
11/15/2010 => Day 70 => EAD Card Production Text Rec'd
11/22/2010 => Day 77 => EAD Card Rec'd **Happy Dance**

Got my EAD!!. Cool, how has everyone applied for their SSN with this card?? Any ideas on what documents i need to bring?

Here's our interview experience (for parent of US citizen in northern California on November 17):

IO - immigration officer

IO asked the applicant and petitioner to step into his room/cube. IO asked why you want a green card? Applicant said it provides flexibility in travel. IO wasn't happy with that answer but not a big deal.
IO asked why applicant's spouse wasn't applying. Applicant said the spouse isn't sure yet whether to apply. No response from IO.
IO asked all the Yes/No questions on the I-485.
IO talked aimlessly about the partying he had done the previous day and said he was very tired.
IO asked if applicant had used the advance parole. Answered "not yet".
IO said he hadn't had time before to look through the submitted documentation and will do so after the interview. So he marked the result "further review" :(
(so similar to TraderEC's interview here)
But the IO also said not to worry, there's no cause for concern.
I'm surprised the immigration officer did not read the paperwork before.

IO also removed the I-94 from the passport and wrote AOS/SSR on the visa page (does anybody know what SSR means?)

Last edited by a moderator:
GC rec'd today..see timeline.

Hey guys, not happy interviews being experienced by other posters, hope all works out well for those waiting.

Timeline:-
7/27/2010 => Mailed I-130/I-485/i765 to Chicago lockbox
8/02/2010 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
8/05/2010 => Email from USCIS with receipt numbers
8/08/2010 => Received notices of action (receipts) in the mail
8/11/2010 => Received I-797C appt. letter for biometrics (for 9/9)
9/09/2010 => Biometrics completed for both 1485 and 1765
9/27/2010 => EAD Card - Production ordered - Self and Spouse(derivative)
10/4/2010 => EAD Card and IL for Nov 9th rec'd - Self, Spouse and son..
11/9/2010 => Interview - Approved GC in mail 2/3 weeks.
11/22/2010 => GC rec'd

I went to SS Office this afternoon--unfortunately their computer system was down, but you need a valid passport and I gave them my work permit, that was it. They're supposed to give you a receipt notice when you're done. I asked if I can still apply for jobs without that receipt and she said your work permit card should be good enough.

She also said it can take up to 4 weeks, and because of the immigration checks, it may take that long vs. someone just getting a new SSN.