Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

According to my calculations we have 24 posters in this forum. Some of them are not really August filers but they are here... because this forum is so cool :)
Anyways... of the 24... this is the first person ( I think... hope I didn't miss someone!) to get the physical GC... so 1 down, 23 to go!
Best of luck to every one... a word of encouragement to anyone stuck in one of the steps... don't lose hope... there is light at the end of the tunnel!

I guess that our case belongs to one of those 24 cases. Our interview is set for November 4, 2010. This week we will try to get on the same page for all the potential questions at the interview in case that USCIS wants to interview us separately. We prepared the following items for the interview on Thursday. I hope we are not missing anything...

My Wife:
1. Interview Letter
2. Birth Certificate and Translation (Original and Copy)
3. Baptism Certificate and Translation (Original and Copy)
4. EAD
5. Advanced Parole Document
6. Passport (Original and Copy)
7. B1/B2 Border Crossing Card
8. I-94

Myself:
1. Passport (Original and Copy)
2. Birth Certificate and Translation (Original and Copy)
3. US Citizenship Certificate (Original and Copy)
4. 2009 W-2
5. 2009 Tax Form
6. 2008 Tax Transcript
7. 2007 Tax Transcript
8. Pay Stubs (September and October 2010)

Proof of Bona Fide Marriage (her name and my name may be on the documents below):
1. Marriage Certificate (Original and Copy)
2. Cable Bill
3. Cell Phone Bill
4. 401(k) Beneficiary
5. IRA Beneficiary
6. Credit Cards
7. Auto Insurance
8. Airline Tickets (2 trips) with Hotel Receipts
9. Airline Ticket Purchase Receipts (5 trips)
10. Photos (300+)

Hi everyone,

I am filing for Adjustment under 245i and is having trouble coming up with proof of presence. Would anyone have a list of acceptable documents
Thank you.

had my biometrics this afternoon. took only 5 minutes or less in San Bernardino. congrats to those people who already have their GC and goodluck to everyone.=)

08/11/2010 => Day 1 => Sent package via UPS
08/13/2010 => Day 3 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
08/19/2010 => Day 9 => Email from USCIS
08/20/2010 => Day10 => Case online
08/21/2010 => Day11 => Notice of Action received and Checks cashed (cashier's check).
09/11/2010 => Day 32 => Request for Initial Evidence dated 9/2/2010 requested for IRS tax transcript will wait for 10 days
09/21/2010 => Day 42 => Service request for biometrics
09/27/2010 => Day 48 => USCIS received RFE
10/07/2010 => Day 58 => Got biometrics appointment
11/01/2010 => Day 83 => Biometrics done.

Citi good luck to you my friend!! I will say a prayer for you tonight.

On a better note, I got my Biometrics Appt!!!! Myself and four other family members that also filled consecutively under the same 245i case. Im going to try and set a date for walk-in biometrics. How long does it usually take after biometrics are done for the EAD to be produced?? Ive been looking at some timelines but they are mostly for marriage based statuses, anyone with a family based petition have any estimates?.

Immiqrous: Dont loose hope, Out of everyone here i think we both connected on the fact that the Biometrics were taking us so long, and I am sure something will come up. I will be praying for you.

Its amazing how little news like these can keep us going for days.

Guys i have GOOD NEWS

I finally Got my GREEN CARD today in the mail Thanks to Almighty God and everybody on this forum. Best of luck to everybody who are still in the process of getting green card.

LadyM,

Please see some acceptable documents to show physical presence.

A person may demonstrate physical presence by submitting a photocopy of a federal, state or local government-issued document that attests to the physical presence in the United States on December 21, 2000. If the 245(i) applicant does not submit a government-issued document, INS Officers have been advised to accept and evaluate non-government issued documents. Such documentation must contain the name of the applicant, have been dated at the time it was issued, and bear the seal or signature of the issuing authority. It must also be issued on letterhead stationery or otherwise be authenticated.

In certain situations, a single document may suffice to establish the applicant's physical presence; however, it is anticipated that the applicant will need to submit several documents. For such instances, the INS should accept bank records demonstrating that an applicant made a mortgage payment on December 1, 2000 and again on January 1, 2001, for example. Other forms of non-governmental documentation may include, but are not limited to, school records, medical records, rental receipts, utility bill receipts, any other dated receipts, personal checks written by the applicant bearing a bank cancellation stamp, employment records including pay stubs, or credit card statements showing the dates of purchase, payment, or other transaction. The INS will evaluate all evidence on a case-by-case basis. If an applicant submits a personal affidavit attesting to physical presence on December 21, 2000, INS will require either an interview or additional evidence to validate the affidavit. It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain and submit copies of any other government agency records that the applicant desires the INS to consider in support of the 245(i) application and eligibility.
Hi everyone,

I am filing for Adjustment under 245i and is having trouble coming up with proof of presence. Would anyone have a list of acceptable documents
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone for all your best wishes and prayers, I am so glad to have you all by my side and praying for me.
Congrats to everyone else for their Bio appointments and Faddu for your GC.
Cheers!

On a better note, I got my Biometrics Appt!!!! Myself and four other family members that also filled consecutively under the same 245i case. Im going to try and set a date for walk-in biometrics.

Immiqrous: Dont loose hope, Out of everyone here i think we both connected on the fact that the Biometrics were taking us so long, and I am sure something will come up. I will be praying for you.

Cada: Awesome! so happy for you and family!
Also: best of luck to immigrous... hope he (she??) gets the bio app pretty soon!

Guys i have GOOD NEWS

I finally Got my GREEN CARD today in the mail Thanks to Almighty God and everybody on this forum. Best of luck to everybody who are still in the process of getting green card.

Fadu: That's excellent news!! congratulations to you... enjoy!!

Thank you everyone for all your best wishes and prayers, I am so glad to have you all by my side and praying for me.
Congrats to everyone else for their Bio appointments and Faddu for your GC.
Cheers!

You are probably sleeping already but good luck tomorrow!

Lets all be honest, you're probably not gona sleep either. I recommend some eagles music off of pandora to ease up your mind :).

Faddu630,
Congrats, a long journey continues as you embark into a new phase, make the best use of your GC, the trials, pains, fear, and all the uncertainty over the years have now evolved into a feeling of geat joy, a tear, many tears of joy will fall, anticipation of a future, a future secure on one hand and now making little steps to realize your dreams as an LPR in US.
The streets, the neighborhood, the cities will not be a lost wonder anymore, you will see hope and aspirations, belief that even the highest hurdle can be climbed.
IA, you will have success and happiness.

To all readers and members, especially the F4 category, whose agonising wait is finally bearing fruit.

Guys i have GOOD NEWS

Faddu630,
Congrats, a long journey continues as you embark into a new phase, make the best use of your GC, the trials, pains, fear, and all the uncertainty over the years have now evolved into a feeling of geat joy, a tear, many tears of joy will fall, anticipation of a future, a future secure on one hand and now making little steps to realize your dreams as an LPR in US.
The streets, the neighborhood, the cities will not be a lost wonder anymore, you will see hope and aspirations, belief that even the highest hurdle can be climbed.
IA, you will have success and happiness.

To all readers and members, especially the F4 category, whose agonising wait is finally bearing fruit.

Its been a longgggggg journey for me and now finally i can study and work at the same time. Thank you so much everybody i will keep praying for you all and will be an active user of this forum coz i have learned so much from you guys each and every one of you had been inspirational for me, sharing our experiences and putting all the knowledge we know once again THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS. KKS123 your words mean alot to me and i wish you best of luck and will remember each and every one of you in prayers GOD BLESS YOU ALL. AMEN