Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

To everyone out there. Are you all receiving e-mails of any kind of approval or activity or just receiving notices in the mail. I just keep seeing a lot of lud's on my cases, but no activity. I'm still waiting on some kind of approval for my EAD; I've got a job interview Friday. The last interview went really good but I wasn't hired d/t the fact I had no idea what was going on with my case. Also, does anyone know if USCIS gives out a temporary green card if you are approved at the interview?

Svana,
I did experience those luds before emails came for EAD production and IL...
So good indicators...

I have not heard of any temporary card after the interview..
As above one guy I got some information from - his case was approved and GC mailed in a few days after.

To everyone out there. Are you all receiving e-mails of any kind of approval or activity or just receiving notices in the mail. I just keep seeing a lot of lud's on my cases, but no activity. I'm still waiting on some kind of approval for my EAD; I've got a job interview Friday. The last interview went really good but I wasn't hired d/t the fact I had no idea what was going on with my case. Also, does anyone know if USCIS gives out a temporary green card if you are approved at the interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. I'm just wondering if the e-mails from uscis are reliable or if they even exist.

will it speed up the process to get interview schedule if I will do a walk in biometrics? immiqrous and jaykat i know the feeling. i hope you guys will receive your appointment. maybe you guys can call and ask for code 3 fp appointment.

Hey Maericsh can you please elaborate on Code 3 FP? Thanks

immiqrous i thought code 3 fp is like for applicants who hasn't received fp appointment. my bad.but i got a code 3 biometrics letter.
FP notices have 3 types of codes. Code 1, Code 2 and Code 3.

Code 1 - FP of ten fingers.

Code 2 - FP of index finger, digital photo and signature.

Code 3 - FP of ten fingers, FP of index finger, digital photo and signature.

If approved on the spot, you may get a I-551 stamp on your passport which is as good as a green card, till the physical card arrives.

citi786. What if you don't have a passport? There should be some sort of temp. form

Not that I know of. If approved, they will tell you it takes 30 days to receive your new GC, which in reality will take 7 to 10 business days.
May I suggest to get your passport from you country of origin.

citi786. What if you don't have a passport? There should be some sort of temp. form

svana,

every immigrant who comes or goes to a different country have to have there passport with them coz thats the identity card for you. I am just assuming if you came to US without the passport the only way is to cross the border and if you entered illegally you cant adjust your status. If you have lost your passport in that case you can contact your country embassy and they will issue a new passport or any sort of paper.

citi786. I wanted to get my passport, but I have to send my original birth certificate when applying for it. I also need my original BC for my interview and I don't want the chance of not getting it returned in time.

Correct a stamp is as good as the GC, however two cases I know of in NY, 1 marriage and 1 i245 - the Officer declined to stamp the PP even though the case was approved,
the Officer cited, the GC will arrive in 7 days...

In both cases the GC arrived in 3 to 4 days.

If approved on the spot, you may get a I-551 stamp on your passport which is as good as a green card, till the physical card arrives.

citi786. I wanted to get my passport, but I have to send my original birth certificate when applying for it. I also need my original BC for my interview and I don't want the chance of not getting it returned in time.

Makes complete sense. Do you have a local consulate where you live. Some consulates do offer urgent passport service for an extra fee.

faddu360. Actually I entered in 1996 with a TN Visa from Canada; I didn't need a passport but got one in 2997, it since then expired. I just never renewed it

citi786. The nearest embassy is in Dallas and they don't touch any passport issues. All passport applications have to be done through the mail at the main Canadian processing center. I guess I'll have to wait for the actual GC.

So here is an update -
I had some kind of brainstorm last night so I called USCIS customer service today - First I must say this guy was really polite and helpful.

I told him its been 70 days since I filed, and I would like to make a request to expedite my case based on financial difficulties. We actually bought a house this year and with only my husband working plus three kids bills, mortgage, high property taxes our financial situation has changed since I filed and i really needed to go out to work so I can assist my family.

He said he totally respects that decision and would put in a service request for biometrics for Employment Authorization so I can get out to work ASAP.

He further went to say there is a huge backlog because of the temporary protected asylum being offered to Haitian immigrants due to the earthquake its a first come first served process so I will just have to really wait.

Just wanted to give you guys an update. Also congrats Citi I meant to extend my wishes to you and your wife before. Hope my comes soon and to all others who are waiting.

very helpful man

nobody answered me so I repost...

yesterday I asked my lawyer about all those things... to speed up the process, with the work proposal and all that stuff, he told me just "No, there's nothing we can do to speed up the EAD process." and if I talk about the 90-day mark... he just doesn't answer me :O...

I don't know... because I am not a lawyer, but to do all of the above (since I filed with my lawyer)... do I need him? or I can take my own infopasses?

thank you

CaVicCchi. My lawyer said the same thing. I did try to expedite it last month only to get e reply of "delay d/t background check". I did call again re: background check and EAD. They still give me the same response. I asked why did i get an interview apt. and no ead yet. Their answer was that these are separate cases and they worked on differently. Well go figure. Government at work.

Faddu630,

Actually he can adjust status if he came in illegally, provided he had a petition filed on or before April 30, 2001

svana,

every immigrant who comes or goes to a different country have to have there passport with them coz thats the identity card for you. I am just assuming if you came to US without the passport the only way is to cross the border and if you entered illegally you cant adjust your status. If you have lost your passport in that case you can contact your country embassy and they will issue a new passport or any sort of paper.