Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

Citi, thanks..I must add this girl is protected by the 245i of 1998 - 2001 April 30th

Citi, I also note your recommendation for a really good attorney to do this case.

All I can say is good luck!
If you came to US illegally, marrying a USC would not help. Secondly if your I-485 is pending and you leave the country, its deemed abandoned. Third, soon as the person left US, he/she triggered a ban for either 3 or 10 years. Lastly, I-601 is for extreme hardship and is really really hard to get approved. I would suggest an attorney, and a real good one.
My two cents...............

enochy: ...........it has been a long journey... way too long.... hopefully we are only missing the final spring to the finish line... I really hope so.

Perhaps you made the journey comment in passing but I'd like to take a few minutes and reflect on it... I don't meant to argue with you... actually I'm writing to encourage you, myself and our fellow forum members... 10 years ago when we filed the I130 there were 1000's of people filing too... every body was rushing to get the 245i protection... if every one that filed then is now filing the AOS, it is possible the system will clog up...............

That my friend, just sounds like music to my ears. Like those songs you hear for the first time and you are just baffled by them. Words of encouragement are seldom heard in a realistic manner, and as much as I want to be a skeptic about this whole process, that paragraph you just wrote gave me such hope for everything we are going through. Thank you for that and I really hope we all get what we have long deserved.

Citi, thanks..I must add this girl is protected by the 245i of 1998 - 2001 April 30th

Citi, I also note your recommendation for a really good attorney to do this case.

245i ended once she left the country..................

That my friend, just sounds like music to my ears. Like those songs you hear for the first time and you are just baffled by them. Words of encouragement are seldom heard in a realistic manner, and as much as I want to be a skeptic about this whole process, that paragraph you just wrote gave me such hope for everything we are going through. Thank you for that and I really hope we all get what we have long deserved.

I wonder what makes your lawyer think that it would take 1 to 2 years, does not make any sense at all..........
One more thing, I know three others, protected under 245i who got their interview letters before me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Citi - also there are individuals in unmarried sibling/child category who were protected under 245i and processed in 2008 and 2009 within 90 days.
So there seem to be some consistency in the 245i processing for family categories.

I wonder what makes your lawyer think that it would take 1 to 2 years, does not make any sense at all..........
One more thing, I know three others, protected under 245i who got their interview letters before me.

People who received EAD cards, how are you guys applying for jobs? When I was looking, a lot of them are restricted to citizens and permanent residents...ugh

enochy. Most jobs will allow you to be employed with an EAD with the exception of government and federal jobs. What field are you looking into?

People who received EAD cards, how are you guys applying for jobs? When I was looking, a lot of them are restricted to citizens and permanent residents...ugh

Don't worry enochy, your GC is coming sooooooon!!!!!!!!!!
I have 17 years of retail banking experience in US, with the current economic situation, its hard but not impossible to find a job. Worst case scenario, I may move to NY to work for my brother.

Status update: Finished fingerprinting

8/6/2010 => Day 1 => Mailed I-130/I-485 to Chicago lockbox
8/9/2010 => Day 4 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
8/17/2010 => Day 12 => Email from USCIS with receipt numbers
8/19/2010 => Day 14 => Received notices of action (receipts) in the mail
9/11/2010 => Day 37 => Received I-797C appt. letter for biometrics (for 10/4)
10/4/2010 => Day 60 => Did biometrics

Enochy,was employed from 99-02 three years in Accounting, then went self employed, will continue same..

Status update: Finished fingerprinting

8/6/2010 => Day 1 => Mailed I-130/I-485 to Chicago lockbox
8/9/2010 => Day 4 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
8/17/2010 => Day 12 => Email from USCIS with receipt numbers
8/19/2010 => Day 14 => Received notices of action (receipts) in the mail
9/11/2010 => Day 37 => Received I-797C appt. letter for biometrics (for 10/4)
10/4/2010 => Day 60 => Did biometrics

Wow! about time we hear from you, lol........

Hey faddu,

Would it be possible to publish your timeline in the standard format that we all use? I'm trying to keep track of the stats and I'm not sure when your sent your package. Thanks in advance!

for example:
Case type: I485 USC Brother

8/4/2010 => Day 1 =>Mailed AOS to the Chicago Lockbox late last night.
08/06/2010 => Day 3 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
08/13/2010 => Day 10 => Checks cashed by USCIS
08/16/2010 => Day 13 => Notice of Action received for I485 and I765
08/30/2010 => Day 27 => Biometrics appointment for 9/22/2010.
08/31/2010 => Day 28 => Got the biometrics done at ASC.

etc. etc.

Sorry for the inconvinence i will edit my signature, by the way i sent my application on 28 july 2010 and got receipt for august 3 2010.

Sorry for the inconvinence i will edit my signature, by the way i sent my application on 28 july 2010 and got receipt for august 3 2010.

Wow October 21st, our prayers are with you. Please make mental notes of questions and let us know. Insha Allah (God Willing) everything will be fine!!!!!!!!

enochy. Most jobs will allow you to be employed with an EAD with the exception of government and federal jobs. What field are you looking into?

college senior here, so entry lvl jobs/paid internships. my major is related to Human Resources, so somewhere in HR...or anything for now.....if i do get my green card, im planing to enlist regardless.