Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

Citi -
Did the IL letter came in the mail without email notice?
Was there any email or any update online?

Congrats and best wishes..

Last edited by a moderator:
Citi -
Did the IL letter came in the mail without email notice?
Was there any email or any update online?

Congrats and best wishes..

Nope, no update nor e-mail just the letter. Funny thing is that I was expecting the EAD but got the interview letter. Actually I am more happy for the interview letter than the EAD.

Citi - OK Thank you..noted...yes the IL is the top of the list..

I had a look at some of the July filers and the trend has been for members to receive the IL letter about a week after receiving the EAD notice.

Nope, no update nor e-mail just the letter. Funny thing is that I was expecting the EAD but got the interview letter. Actually I am more happy for the interview letter than the EAD.

Oh my goodness... great news indeed! Congratulations!!!

Hey guys, I have some GREAT news!!!!! Just got my interview letter for November 02 @ 7:50am. I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/29/2010 => Day 58 => Interview Letter for 11/02/2010 @ 7:50am

I see you are all getting your emails/letters for the EAD production/interview... damn... I took my biometrics the 16th... then a soft touch the 17th on my case... waiting waiting waiting... how does the "financial hardship" works exactly? how do you prove it? with a picture of you on the street holding a sign that says "Me Hungry" ? eheheh...

Looks like our processing was delayed (due to RFE) but is now back on track (whew!): I just saw today an update in the uscis website. Our cards were ordered for production as of 9/29/2010... yay!

Note to CaViCcHi: we got the biometrics done on 8/31 and the EADs were sent for production on 9/29... so you are not doing too bad. (Granted we had an RFE... but I believe you will get your note pretty soon!)

Have a question... I signed up for email updates but after the very first email telling us that I485 etc had been received, I haven't gotten squat. I think I probably got the first email because I sent a G-1145E with my package... however I signed up with the uscis website for automatic notifications and have received none... has anyone else had this problem? I'll double check my settings but I wonder if this could be a bug on their system?

It's a great joy to see that as a group we continue making progress. Some people are just speeding through... some of us are moving slower but no one is seriously delayed, I think. We have much to be grateful for. Let's keep our hope strong that one day soon we will all complete the processing and will get that coveted little GC.

Updated Timeline:

Case type: I485 USC Brother

8/4/2010 => Day 1 =>Mailed AOS to the Chicago Lockbox late last night.
08/06/2010 => Day 3 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
08/13/2010 => Day 10 => Email from USCIS with receipt numbers MSC etc
08/13/2010 => Day 10 => Checks cashed by USCIS
08/16/2010 => Day 13 => Notice of Action received for I485 and I765
08/30/2010 => Day 27 => Biometrics appointment for 9/22/2010.
08/31/2010 => Day 28 => Got the biometrics done at ASC.
09/02/2010 => Day 30 => Got RFE for additional docs: pay stubs, bank statements. RFE dated 8/30/2010.
09/13/2010 => Day 41 => Sent the requested documentation overnight.
09/16/2010 => Day 44 => Evidence received by USCIS. Processing resumed
09/30/2010 => Day 58 => USCIS web site shows cards ordered for production on 9/29/2010

Take care!

hey citi that's a great news. this morning I thought I received biometrics letter but no. What I've received is a letter about my service request for biometrics and they said that my application is in suspense til I complete the process. The good thing is it says that my application info has been entered to their system which schedules applicants at the local ASC. again I need to wait!!!!!!!

Citi786 I am so very thankful that you got you interview letter I am so happy for you that I feel like ........ . God bless you and your family.

how does the "financial hardship" works exactly? how do you prove it? with a picture of you on the street holding a sign that says "Me Hungry" ? eheheh...

Food Stamps proof, HUD assistance, bills, affidavits of unemployment notarized. You can include here medical bills too

How would this play out in assessing whether you may become a public charge.
An IO at the interview may have multiple interpretation, even though you have adequate affidavit of support?

A beneficiary may want to consider very carefully before going this way..the IO around the country may interpret differently from city to city.

Food Stamps proof, HUD assistance, bills, affidavits of unemployment notarized. You can include here medical bills too

To everybody who is waiting , experiencing hard time, and whatever else going please keep faith . Things will work out prayers is powerful .

How would this play out in assessing whether you may become a public charge.
An IO at the interview may have multiple interpretation, even though you have adequate affidavit of support?

A beneficiary may want to consider very carefully before going this way..the IO around the country may interpret differently from city to city.

I don't get benefits, my husband does and did when we filed for AOS, I don't think it will be a problem, because we live in very rural area, where not many jobs available, and even working full time you won't be able to make it here without help, and especially will a small child.

Affidavit of support is for me not for my husband, so it doesn't really matter if he receives public benefits. That's what it for, so people can get back on their feet.

COngrats Citi!!!. I Am still Freaking out due to the fact that we havent received the FP appointment letter, or any RFE. Its a family of 4 that filed under a brother and sister petition, my dad being the main beneficiary. Its almost 30 days after the NOA's. Idk what to do :(.

its good to see that everybody's case is going smoothly!!! i just have an update got card production for the EAD. Best of luck guys!!!

COngrats Citi!!!. I Am still Freaking out due to the fact that we havent received the FP appointment letter, or any RFE. Its a family of 4 that filed under a brother and sister petition, my dad being the main beneficiary. Its almost 30 days after the NOA's. Idk what to do :(.

Since its been 30 days now, please call the USCIS number and ask them if everything is okay.