Any April 2008 Filers?

I still have not received NOAs, but they should be here next week or so, and it seems that also FP appointment comes during the 2-3rd week of the process.

Many people seem to agree in that getting your documents in either 3, 6 or 10 months is almost a matter of luck. So good luck to all of us!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My FP/Biometric was done today. Went very smoothly and the entire process took about 15 minutes.

I-485, 130, 131, 765, 864, G325 sent on March 25
RD: March 28, 2008
ND: April 2, 2008
Notice Received: April 6, 2008
FP Appointment Notice: April 11, 2008.
FP: April 25, 2008

Hi cscgc,

I am applying as the spouse of a citizen.

You know what other piece of information would be useful? D/O. Mine is Seattle. I was looking at the timelines for february filers and it seems that they are getting the EAD in roughly 2 months. That's not too bad. However, I have realized that I made a few mistakes in my application: I didn't send all the pages of the passport, and I sent a check for my I-765.

I know that not sending the check is not big deal, I have read that they'll just send it back, but I don't know what they'll do about the passport. RFE you think?

The passport is sent as ID proof for the I-765 and I-131. So only first two pages will suffice and for legal status I-94 and Visa stamp page will suffice. I dont think that an RFE will be sent for all pages, they will conduct an interview anyway so they will get to see your original passport.

As for the check, they may send it back as you had said, you can even do a stop payment safely. As for the mistakes, I am not sure where you have made mistakes so hard to say, but again I feel since there is going to be interview, they may go over with u to validate. However, If you or your petitioner in case missed a signature on any of the form, they will probably resend the whole package back to you.

I also sent a check for the I-765... I received the check back with a note saying "Recently you submitted an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application, or the incorrect fee was submitted. Your check is being returned to you with this notice. No additional action by you is required at this time. Please comply with any other reject notices you may receive."

I got my I-765 receipt notice on the same day, so obviously sending the unneccesary check is not a "mistake" that will disrupt the process!

My time line so far is as follows:

4/15 Filed I-485 / I-130 package (2nd time submitted)
4/17 Forms arrived in Chicago
4/25 Checks cashed

I also sent a check for the I-765... I received the check back with a note saying "Recently you submitted an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with an extra remittance that is not required to process your application, or the incorrect fee was submitted. Your check is being returned to you with this notice. No additional action by you is required at this time. Please comply with any other reject notices you may receive."

I got my I-765 receipt notice on the same day, so obviously sending the unneccesary check is not a "mistake" that will disrupt the process!

Same here; on Friday I received NOA's for all my forms (3 letters) + 1 "Rejection Notice" with the text capitainkit quotes.

4/07/2008 Sent I-130, G-325A, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864
4/11/2008 received chicago
4/18/2008 Checks cashed
5/02/2008 biometrics Appt

finally sent out the package

Sent I-130, G-325A, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, I-131

Hope everything goes smoothly :)

It's normal

Your process seems to be flying!!! :eek: Good for you! :D

Actually, that's a normal timeline. They usually do the biometric within the 30 days unless you are unlucky like me! Beside I can see your DO is Seattle which is one the worse DO. But don't worry you'll get yours sooner or later. You might be the lucky one.
Good Luck

Another April Filer

Hi all, I am so glad to have found a thread for April! I'll be following it closely. The Chicago Office received my complete I-485/I-130 on 04/21. Haven't heard anything and check has not yet been cashed.

I am anxious to see if I am luck and get my EAD before June 23 (this is how long I managed to get a job that I really want to wait for me), but I am certainly not counting on it... Jittery.

Looking forward to hear about everyone getting their docs on the mail in the near future :)

Timeline:
Pending AOS based on marriage to a lovely US citizen:
4/18/2008 Sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
4/21/2008 Package arrived (got Fedex signature)
... Nothing else yet (check not cashed) ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, that's a normal timeline. They usually do the biometric within the 30 days unless you are unlucky like me! Beside I can see your DO is Seattle which is one the worse DO. But don't worry you'll get yours sooner or later. You might be the lucky one.
Good Luck
Well, thanks Rose. Could you please share what was your RFE?

Hi all, I am so glad to have found a thread for April! I'll be following it closely. The Chicago Office received my complete I-485/I-130 on 04/21. Haven't heard anything and check has not yet been cashed.

I am anxious to see if I am luck and get my EAD before June 23 (this is how long I managed to get a job that I really want to wait for me), but I am certainly not counting on it... Jittery.

Looking forward to hear about everyone getting their docs on the mail in the near future :)
Hello, Danda!

Nothing to update here yet.

I think your hope of having the EAD by June 23rd is not impossible, but you might end up all stressed out if it doesn't happen: rule #1 when applying for immigration benefits: collect every bit of patience available in your body :)

Your process seems to be flying!!! :eek: Good for you! :D

Well ill enjoy the quick process now because i know im going to get a RFE.. i didnt have all my vaccinations! =( so they'll probably want me to get that done. So its all going to slow down pretty soon. Oh Well. Hope everyone's speeds along fast! And Goodluck to us all.

Marriage based April Filing

update

I-485, I-765, I-131 applied on 04/03/2008
Received Date 04/04/2008
Notice Date 04/08/2008
Notice Received 04/11/08
FP notice 04/14/08
FP appt : 05/01/08
FP done: everything was over in 15 min; the lady told me to expect the EAD in two weeks to three months.

hope it is 2 weeks.

will keep you posted.

Thanks Kirkland! I know, I'm preparing myself for the ride...

...Unfortunately not there is not much I can do about the June 23rd thing - if I get the EAD, I'll take the great job... if not, put that husband sponsorship (poor hubby :-/) to use until I find another job... Fingers crossed!