Allowed to leave country after sending n-400 in?

comrade004

Registered Users (C)
i may or may not go to Mexico this Sunday for one night....my interview date is on November 17th, and i already passed FBI backgrounds investigation........however i do remember in the n-400 they do want to know all the times you left the country and i believe if i do leave country for 1 night i will be technically lying when the USIC sees my application next month............or am i over reacting and its fine

You will be lying ... if you do not disclose this change in the information at the interview.
Come on, relax. You have the opportunity to correct anything until the interview stage. Now this does not give you a free pass and revise "everything" as the IO will wonder what's going on, but a change here and there ... not a big deal.

Trips less than 24 hours do not need to be disclosed. If your trip is more than 24 hours, update the IO at interview.

I traveled overseas immediately after filing the N-400. At the interveiw, the IO asked if I had taken any trips since filing. I said yes, she wrote down the details on the N-400 app, verified it with the dates on my passport and that was it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the thing is they dont stamp your passport.........when coming out of Mexico they just scan your green card and let you in, i also went to mexico back in December for 3 weeks and i put that in my n-400 however i dont know if i put exact dates since they did not stamp my passport.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the thing is they dont stamp your passport.........when coming out of Mexico they just scan your green card and let you in, i also went to mexico back in December for 3 weeks and i put that in my n-400 however i dont know if i put exact dates since they did not stamp my passport.
You don't need exact dates if you don't know them. Month/year format are fine. Ex: December 2009, 3 weeks. Since they scan your GC, CBP has your entry/exit dates on file.

The world does not come to a halt the day you file your N-400, life goes on and even USCIS knows that.