All VSC employment based applications went to NSC

Hi Michvin:

As per the vsc publication of processing dates in August 3, 2006, there were no I 485 published dates.

The previous one was released on 7/19/2006 and the I 485 published dates were 6/26/2005.( I manitain the log of publishing dates and processing times for VSC)

I hope this answers your question. So, basically, I am saying that the reason your case is not approved yet, is because they have not reached Nov 2005 cases as yet! I think, we need to wait till they publish again to see if they publish I 485 processing timelines at all. If they do not, then I guess they might be transferred to some other center.... god knows!

michvin said:
ROW = Rest of World.
Last published? you mean before the one published on Aug 03 2006, which is shown on their site now? I recall it was April 2005....

Thanks!
What was in this retracted announcement? have you seen it?

BTW, AILA has archives of the processing dates back to 2000 i think. (aila.org)

Nio I have not seen this retracted announcement. I have no clue what this is all about. I saw it on immigration-law.com. You may wanna check it out. But does not indicate clearly, as to what retracted.

michvin said:
Thanks!
What was in this retracted announcement? have you seen it?

BTW, AILA has archives of the processing dates back to 2000 i think. (aila.org)

njrirlabor said:
Nio I have not seen this retracted announcement. I have no clue what this is all about. I saw it on immigration-law.com. You may wanna check it out. But does not indicate clearly, as to what retracted.
I guess we'll have to wait (again) to see what's going on there..

I called VSC today. I filed my I-485 6 months back with PD of June'2000. I spoke to a lady and she did not give details about my case. She said the processing could take about a 1 yr to 2 yrs. She said they are processing I-485 cases received in June'2005.
Let me know if anyone knows more than this.

Vermont processing time page does not show I-485 date. If Vermont still process I-485, how do we find out I-485 processing time?

Is it true that Vermont Service Center will hold I-485, if I-140 was approved by VSC?

rirlaborCT:

are you eb2 or eb3? also are you from India?

If you are from India and Eb2, then the visas are unavailable..so you just have to wait till october 2006.

rirlaborCT said:
I called VSC today. I filed my I-485 6 months back with PD of June'2000. I spoke to a lady and she did not give details about my case. She said the processing could take about a 1 yr to 2 yrs. She said they are processing I-485 cases received in June'2005.
Let me know if anyone knows more than this.

njrirlabor said:

Sorry was a little busy today. Same here. Saw it on the Oh Law firm website, but USCIS retracted the page before I could see it. Lets wait and see.

Same Boat !!

My PD Jan 2001
I 485 RD Sept 2005

No Idea when they will process it. But looks like some approvals are coming through from time to time so we might see the light some day.
For those stuck in name check for a long time I would suggest approching the press and see if any publicity for the lack of timeline will help speed up things ..sometimes this things need a push..!!!

Hi Assur:

My i 485 rd date is august 1 2005. I went thru FP in Sept 2005. I applied for EAD renewal in May 2006 and did another fp in May 2006( Index finger only!)

I hope this answers your question.

assur said:
How did you get your FP2 notice? Is it after completing 15 months?
Mine FP was done in APR, 05, it is now more than 15 months.

njrirlabor said:
Hi Assur:

My i 485 rd date is august 1 2005. I went thru FP in Sept 2005. I applied for EAD renewal in May 2006 and did another fp in May 2006( Index finger only!)

I hope this answers your question.
Thanks

VSC Posts I 485 dates

Hi Guys!

VSc Posts I 485 processing dates. There is a catch though, as usual.

The last processing date indicated by VSC was June 26, 2005( Posted in July 2006) and this bulletin is indicating a processing date of May 31, 2005. So, as usual some confusion.................................

Go figure!!!!!

no confusion

Hi njrirlabor:

There is no confusion unfortunately, THe dates have (sadly) moved back; during the time they did not show any dates, some files with NDs of May 31, 2005 must have come. I am told that can happen!!

BTW what is RIR in your case info?

qplearn
njrirlabor said:
Hi Guys!

VSc Posts I 485 processing dates. There is a catch though, as usual.

The last processing date indicated by VSC was June 26, 2005( Posted in July 2006) and this bulletin is indicating a processing date of May 31, 2005. So, as usual some confusion.................................

Go figure!!!!!

thanks for the info. That just indicates that my labor was filed via RIR( back when RIR) used to exist....

qplearn said:
Hi njrirlabor:

There is no confusion unfortunately, THe dates have (sadly) moved back; during the time they did not show any dates, some files with NDs of May 31, 2005 must have come. I am told that can happen!!

BTW what is RIR in your case info?

qplearn

RunninSloth said:
The processing time moved back because USCIS is going to report PTs "accurately".

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/prcss82306.pdf

or so goes the story.....

took so many years for USCIS to realize that they are not reporting accurately the processing time. Now I understand why I-131 and I-765 went backwards compared to what they published in their website (before Aug. 28, 2006) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys:

I am still trying to understand this statement from USCIS.

What is the committed service level of USCIS towards processing I 485s? Does any one know? Is it published anywhere? What do these new dates reflect. Does this mean that all cases ( in the case of I 485s), which have been recd by USCIS by may 30, 2005 have been processed or being processed? What do the dates in the new release mean?

Thanks

madgu-gc2005 said:
took so many years for USCIS to realize that they are not reporting accurately the processing time. Now I understand why I-131 and I-765 went backwards comparted to what they published in their website (before Aug. 28, 2006) :)

no commitment

For I-485 they used to give a timeline of 365 to 700 days. Nowadays they dont. So for I-485 they make no commitment.

Yes, they are processing all the 485s received by May 31, 2005.

qplearn
njrirlabor said:
Guys:

I am still trying to understand this statement from USCIS.

What is the committed service level of USCIS towards processing I 485s? Does any one know? Is it published anywhere? What do these new dates reflect. Does this mean that all cases ( in the case of I 485s), which have been recd by USCIS by may 30, 2005 have been processed or being processed? What do the dates in the new release mean?

Thanks

What about the ones received in July 2005? Are they sending them to NSC?

--Naveen Oshos
qplearn said:
For I-485 they used to give a timeline of 365 to 700 days. Nowadays they dont. So for I-485 they make no commitment.

qplearn

qplearn said:

qplearn
I don't know if there's a difference, but they say that they are "completing processing" of applications submitted proir to May 31, 2005. That's the reason for the retrogression of the processing dates. Probably the processing takes about a month.

I understand that applications that were not transferred till now will not be transferred, or more precisely, the probability that they will be transferred is low.