All VSC employment based applications went to NSC

cmonalready

Registered Users (C)
I just tried to call up VSC to check on my I-485 that's been pending since 02/23/06. At the last step the machine said that there are no agents currently at the VSC (?) and that in order to process my call i'm being transferred to the national service center (or something like that).

Couple of seconds later I was talking to a very nice and polite service rep, she sounded very young, and she paced me through a round of yes/no questions about my call. Once we got that out of the way she asked me for my EAC#. I asked her about the status of my application, in particular whether my name check, which has been pending since late March 06, is done. She put me on hold to go check, 10 seconds later she came back and said that it looks like they are processing applications received on Nov 1, 05 and that it's going to take some time before they process my application.

I asked her why I can't see that date for i485 on the web site for VSC, and she said that as of July 24th all the employment based i485 applications at VSC were transferred to NSC and that I should check on the NSC site. Surprised, I asked if that's for the applications filed after certain date or all the outstanding ones, and she said "all the applications were transferred to NSC".

This is the first time I hear about this. Anybody has any relevant info on this?

The bad thing is that this distracted me so much that I forgot that she didn't tell me anything about my name check status.

First I dont think she will be be able to tell you abou the name check on the phone.
Your case has to be atleat cross the procesing date for the VSC before any inquiry can be place.
Then I guess you will get to know the status of your case only in mail. Atleast thats how I got mine. They dint tell any status on the phone.

But the news that all cases went to NSC too me by surprise too.

neo

Not totally true - Just talked to immi. officer at VSC - she confirmed that some were transferred to NSC but others are still at VSC.

Well if you get connected to the VSC immigration officer directly using the so called "POJ method" (4 at the end instead of 3), they do tell you the status on phone. For example, they told me that my case was pending due to background check.

In my case, I never got any response to the two case inquiries (June 19 and July 25) that were initiated by calling the National Customer Service. They gave me reference no etc. but haven't received any response in the mail till date. So, it varies.

Per VSC rep, my case is still at VSC.

neocor said:
First I dont think she will be be able to tell you abou the name check on the phone.
Your case has to be atleat cross the procesing date for the VSC before any inquiry can be place.
Then I guess you will get to know the status of your case only in mail. Atleast thats how I got mine. They dint tell any status on the phone.

But the news that all cases went to NSC too me by surprise too.

neo

Guys:

I do not think, all EB based I 485s have been transferred from VSC to NSC. The cases filed in 2005 in VSC are still there for sure. Some of the cases filed in VSC since april 2006 have been transferred out for sure. We just have to wait and see if VSC publishes the I 485 dates in the next bulletin.

We have to wait and see.

akayal1973 said:
Well if you get connected to the VSC immigration officer directly using the so called "POJ method" (4 at the end instead of 3), they do tell you the status on phone. For example, they told me that my case was pending due to background check.

In my case, I never got any response to the two case inquiries (June 19 and July 25) that were initiated by calling the National Customer Service. They gave me reference no etc. but haven't received any response in the mail till date. So, it varies.

akayal1973 said:

The Senator Menendez (NJ) is not helpfull.

Looks like it's a false alarm, I also just called VSC again, and this time I did get through to the officer. He just told me the same thing, "FBI name and DOB status check pending". Who knows if that's total bs and what's really going on. Oh well...

Calling VSC using POJ???

yesterday i tried couple of times to VSC using POJ but, at the last step it didn't have any option 3 or 4. How do you guys call up VSC??? I had LUD on 8/7/06 on I-485 but nothing after that.

cmonalready said:
I just tried to call up VSC to check on my I-485 that's been pending since 02/23/06. At the last step the machine said that there are no agents currently at the VSC (?) and that in order to process my call i'm being transferred to the national service center (or something like that).

Couple of seconds later I was talking to a very nice and polite service rep, she sounded very young, and she paced me through a round of yes/no questions about my call. Once we got that out of the way she asked me for my EAC#. I asked her about the status of my application, in particular whether my name check, which has been pending since late March 06, is done. She put me on hold to go check, 10 seconds later she came back and said that it looks like they are processing applications received on Nov 1, 05 and that it's going to take some time before they process my application.

I asked her why I can't see that date for i485 on the web site for VSC, and she said that as of July 24th all the employment based i485 applications at VSC were transferred to NSC and that I should check on the NSC site. Surprised, I asked if that's for the applications filed after certain date or all the outstanding ones, and she said "all the applications were transferred to NSC".

This is the first time I hear about this. Anybody has any relevant info on this?

The bad thing is that this distracted me so much that I forgot that she didn't tell me anything about my name check status.
Month after transfer and no notification? is that normal? I called VSC later than July 24th and was told that my app is still at VSC and in the future might be transferred, but might be not.

Guys:

I still think, that VSC will be processing I 485 cases filed with them in 2005. I have seen posting from people who got their I 485 approved last week. Their PD is current. In my case ( EB2 PD 2/2002, India), it cannot get adjusted right now, anyway, as India is unavailable for the time being. Are your cases similar?

Regards

I filed on Jan 31, 2005. My case is with VSC as well, although I am stuck in the infamous name/date of birth check.

njrirlabor said:
Guys:

I still think, that VSC will be processing I 485 cases filed with them in 2005. I have seen posting from people who got their I 485 approved last week. Their PD is current. In my case ( EB2 PD 2/2002, India), it cannot get adjusted right now, anyway, as India is unavailable for the time being. Are your cases similar?

Regards
My case filed Nov-30-2005 at VSC is still there, but i see no movement, apart from FP and i140 approval in Feb-2006. My PD is current (EB2 ROW). Go figure...

michvin said:
My case filed Nov-30-2005 at VSC is still there, but i see no movement, apart from FP and i140 approval in Feb-2006. My PD is current (EB2 ROW). Go figure...

Looks like there is something cooking in the USCIS oven. USCIS posted an announcement today and then retracted it.

EB1ORAug2005 said:
Looks like there is something cooking in the USCIS oven. USCIS posted an announcement today and then retracted it.
which announcement? what did it say?

VSc as per their last published date was processing july 2005 cases. BTW what is EB2 ROW?

michvin said:

njrirlabor said:
VSc as per their last published date was processing july 2005 cases. BTW what is EB2 ROW?
ROW = Rest of World.
Last published? you mean before the one published on Aug 03 2006, which is shown on their site now? I recall it was April 2005....

njrirlabor said:
How did you get your FP2 notice? Is it after completing 15 months?
Mine FP was done in APR, 05, it is now more than 15 months.