All the best for tomorrow - Bobsmyth

Ok... Bob, now I am becoming jaleous. A thread just to wish you good luck ? I am sure one will be open to congratulate you tomorrow.
You have done a tremendeous work on this forum to deserve this.

Please, do not forget to get more info on oath. Sleep well, don't be stressed and get it.

how can you know if your DO offers same day oath?

Usually by reading the interview experiences of others you get to know what DO offers same day oath and which ones do not.
As for Durham DO, oath dates of Sept 5th, mid Sept (19?) then beginning October (10?) have been confirmed by others.

Good luck for your interview tomorrow

Hey Bobsmyth,

Wish you lots of luck and best wishes for your interview tomorrow. Less than 24 hrs to go, can you believe it. Hope it goes well. My prayers are with you.

Just to give you an idea. A friend of mine went thru his interview on July 15th in Durham DO. He recently received his oath letter for Friday Sep 5th.

Waiting to hear your experience tomorrow.

wow bobsmyth yor interview is just now, i remember when i applied you did just after and you were in the threads along with me man. good luck guy.

i applied same day as you actually.

And drive carefully! Avoid speeding. Police officers coordinate "Buckle Up or Pay Up, Click It or Ticket" mobilization everyday so be careful.

I 33rd that!

Good Luck man, bring us some candy back and have your suit tailored for Vorpal's party. We are going to have some original food.

Bob, go and show them what you are capable of :D

My interview experience

I just back home about 90 min ago from my interview this morning and here is my story:

Me and my wife got to Durham DO at 8:50am. Her interview was scheduled for 9:00am, mine for 9:20am. Needless to say no cell phones or food are allowed into the building.The security guard at the front door will sternly remind you of this in a preacher fashion. We got to the second floor where there was an uniformed security agent who took our IL and brought them into the secured IO office space, and we were told to wait until our name was called.
I counted 56 seats in the waiting area, with about 15-20 people already there waiting. While we waited, an IO would come out to call the next person scheduled. At one point an IO came out and handed a deschedule letter to one of the applicants informing him that due to staffing they can't interview him today. That really started me going since we didn't come this far only to be told the day of our interview we were descheduled. Thank God my fears were quickly erased when they called my wife just before 10:00am (1 hr wait). Her IO was a younger blond woman , to the point, all business, no small talk, hardly a smile. My guess is that she is ex military from her looks. About 5 minutes into interview, my wife came out and said that IO wanted copy of marriage certificate. Good thing I had brought one copy just in case. I still don't know why the IO asked for it as it's not a marriage based case and therefore not a part of the required documents. On the other hand ,the IO didn't ask for her passport, just GC and driver's license. The IO asked my wife 6 simple civic questions which she had no problem to answer. The IO then asked her to read a sentence and write one short phrase. She had my wife sign photos in cursive signature. Finally, the IO went to over the remaining questions on application and ticked them off one by one without stopping.For the part about citations, my wife did mention past speeding ticket to which the IO replied "we're only interested with criminal citations". The handed my wife I-652 with congratulations checked off. My wife then asked officer if it would be possible to book her for next week's Sept 5th oath. The IO told her it was full and that she would be booked for October oath instead. My wife's interview took 15 minutes in all.
We waited for about another 20 minutes until my name was called (10:35am, 1hr 15min after scheduled time). My IO took me to his office and asked me to swear to tell the truth to which I said "I do". The IO was a late 40's gentlemen and noted that I was from Canada. He was pleasant, and wanted to know why I wanted to become a US citizen, and that he hadn't heard me say "eh?" yet. He went on to joke about how I'm from Canada and now Canada will see me as a traitor. He talked about Quebec separation and joked how they wouldn't want me back now. He then asked me for my passport, GC and driver's license. He then went straight to the civic question, which I got all correct.

1. Color of stripes on flag?
2. Who can declare war?
3. Where is the Whitehouse?
4. What is capital of North Carolina?
5. Who were enemies during WWII?
6. Minimum voting age in US?

For the answer on question 5, the IO joked "you sure Canada wasn't enemy as well"..to which I responded "no, that will be WWIII". The IO again poked some Canadian humor, and I made reference to the movie Canadian Bacon. It turns out the IO lived in Manitoba for some years, but he didn't get into more details with him about it.
The IO then had me read a simple phrase and write "They came to live in the United States". He then went over remaining questions in applications, and ticked off one by one. He asked be about citations, and arrests to which I replied "no". He never went further into the question about citations, or asked if I ever received speeding tickets. I never declared my speeding tickets on application nor did I obtain evidence that they were payed. My trip to Cuba never came up as well (I did declare it on original application). He reminded me that US doesn't recognize or care about dual citizenship, but that Canadian government does. The IO finally stamped the application, had me sign photos and application form in cursive writing and handed me I-652 with congratulations checked off. I asked him as well about possibility for Sept 5th oath to which he replied it was already full and that they don't find out about possible cancellations until last minute. He then told me I'd be receiving an oath notice in the coming week. I thanked the officer and the interview was over before I knew it. In all my interview was 15 minutes as well. When I got out of the office, the waiting crowd had swelled to about 40 people in the waiting area. The security officer had reminded the applications that due to staffing there is a 1 to 1 1/2 hr waiting time.

As you see there are some minor inconsistencies with the interview process, with different IOs requesting different documents. The interview process was painless, but I can see how it can be intimidating for some whose knowledge of English is fair or to those who are new to this country.

I'm relieved to have put this hurdle behind after waiting so long. Now the waiting begins for the oath letter.

Finally, I'd like to thank everyone on this board who have and continue to contribute their experiences, support, and knowledge (eventhough I may not always agree on the advice given). Without you this board wouldn't be half as valuable as it is today. Keep up the great work you've all contributed. And for those still waiting for their interview after many months of frustrations (descheduling) and waiting..hang in there..before you know it your journey will also come to an end.

If anyone has any questions about any part of interview I'd be glad to answer. Don't worry, I will stay continue to contribute to this board.

Thanks again everyone for your warm wishes :)

About 5 minutes into interview, my wife came out and said that IO wanted copy of marriage certificate. Good thing I had brought one copy just in case. I still don't know why the IO asked for it as it's not a marriage based case and therefore not a part of the required documents.

Marriage Certificate was asked because she has mentioned on the application that she is married as her current marital status regardless of whether or not she filed her application under 3 yrs rule of being married to a US citizen. Immigration officer reserves the right to ask any document/information relevant to the application, and since marital history is the part of the applicantion, officer just wanted to verify that information.

I've mentioned in my sticky posting about it that a marriage certificate was asked from many applicants during the interview even though their applicantion wasn't on 3 yrs rule due to a marriage to a US citizen. Plus, marriage and divorce record is always asked to keep the record. That's another fact that some officers care to have documentary evidence while other don't. Remember, some applicants were asked to show their social security card to verify their ssn?? It's because ssn is also a part of the application and officer can ask for verification of such kind of information.

Good job. Enjoy.

Marriage Certificate was asked because she has mentioned on the application that she is married as her current marital status regardless of whether or not she filed her application under 3 yrs rule of being married to a US citizen. Immigration officer reserves the right to ask any document/information relevant to the application, and since marital history is the part of the applicantion, officer just wanted to verify that information.

I've mentioned in my sticky posting about it that a marriage certificate was asked from many applicants during the interview even though their applicantion wasn't on 3 yrs rule due to a marriage to a US citizen. Plus, marriage and divorce record is always asked to keep the record. That's another fact that some officers care to have documentary evidence while other don't. Remember, some applicants were asked to show their social security card to verify their ssn?? It's because ssn is also a part of the application and officer can ask for verification of such kind of information.

Good job. Enjoy.
Thanks Johnnycash,
The way I look at it is that they have the entire case file on record and somewhere in there is the same marriage certificate (my LPR was marriage based derivative so we had to previously send it in). Seems to be an inconsistent process when one IO asks for a document that isn't requested on N-652 checklist (for your circumstances), and the other IO doesn't.Their checklist doesn't stop IO from asking for a (non circumstance) required document, so it makes you wonder what their thought process is.
Funny thing is my IO even asked me for my Canadian social insurance number, something I don't carry on me. Mind you he could have been joking about it and totally caught me off guard. He approved me anyways although I didn't remember the number.