• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

Interview experience

Hello e-family,this how it all went. I woke up around 4 30 and prepared myself prayerfully and in appearance.I left home and got to the embassy exactly 5 50. We were called to form a queue around 6 45,immigrants on one side and non immigrants onn another. Passed through security and went to take my seat in the waiting area. Some of the immigrant applicants were called to window 1 and given a small lecture as to what documents are needed and was asked to proceed to the cashiers counter for payment ( 330 usd) and their rate is 2.40 to a dollar or 792 cedis. My fingerprints was taken afterwards and had to wait awhile for my name to be called. At long last my name was mentioned to come to window 4. The co is a nice looking American woman.
co:good morning
me: gm ma'am
co: are u married
me:no
co:do u have any children
me: no
co:when did you finish ss
me: answered
co: all your documents are fine but in other for me to issue your visa your exact name on passport must be on the police report(one of my names was missing). so can you make the corrected version available on Friday?
me: yes
co:then see you on Friday at 7 30
me: thanks madam and have a nice day.
co: you are welcome

So I guess its either approval or collection on Friday.
I want to thank the Almighty God for his favour and for making things so easy for and also all of you guys for your encouragement and support,God bless you all

Hello e-family,this how it all went. I woke up around 4 30 and prepared myself prayerfully and in appearance.I left home and got to the embassy exactly 5 50. We were called to form a queue around 6 45,immigrants on one side and non immigrants onn another. Passed through security and went to take my seat in the waiting area. Some of the immigrant applicants were called to window 1 and given a small lecture as to what documents are needed and was asked to proceed to the cashiers counter for payment ( 330 usd) and their rate is 2.40 to a dollar or 792 cedis. My fingerprints was taken afterwards and had to wait awhile for my name to be called. At long last my name was mentioned to come to window 4. The co is a nice looking American woman.
co: all your documents are fine but in other for me to issue your visa your exact name on passport must be on the police report(one of my names was missing). so can you make the corrected version available on Friday?

I want to thank the Almighty God for his favour and for making things so easy for and also all of you guys for your encouragement and support,God bless you all
Brother you are right, congratulations. We thank God. Since you have gone for the correction after your interview you have nothing to fear on Friday. Any of the two options is still victory. God bless you.

1. school criteria is perfect
2. no problem but did she include the kids? if not then there's a problem
3. traditional husband not recognised since no documents back it.
hope this helps your sis.

Thanks gh50. Yes she included her kids but what is the best explanation that you think would be acceptable to the CO about why she did not include her husband after winning.

My interview experience
After I got tru all de checks and paid ma $330, I was called to appear @ window1. They took ma fingerprints and told me to sit down. I was then called again to appear @ window5(the main battle btn the consular and God)
Me: good morning
CO: good morning
Me: how are you?
CO: not bad and u?
Me: fine
CO: wil like to ask u two(few) questions buh before raise your right hand and swear bla bla bla
Me: I do
CO: what is ur first name
Me: got it wrong buh she helped me with the correct one
Co: when did u write ur wassce?
Me: answered
CO: occupation?
Me: answered
CO: are you married?
Me : answered
CO: ever travelled outside Ghana?
Me: no
She took de small blue ticket and I started to smile and tnkd God.
Come bk on Friday, do not quit ur job, bla bla bla
Me: tnk you ma'am
Datz all... Glory be to God for doing dis great thing for me and ma family.
Guys don't panic, feel free and keep on praying.
To you Gh50 and de rest of my family here, just give tnks to God coz He has done it already. Just present urselves for de Visas are yours.... Tnx a lot for your prayers and support. Love you all!
God be with you all.... Amen!!!!

"PRESENT URSELF & PICK UP" slogan still alive...congrats bro...happy 4u.

Mydear not yet o. Pray it drops quickly.
Congrats beldwin for the success story. Wish those next good luck and more success.

hehehehe...onny3 eazy eh!!!
if som1 goes thru this program u hav to salute him/her.
u wil soon begin to receiv dat respect. ders morrr work evn afta pickn up ur visa.
organising money, changing some, planning ur trip, making online payment(s)...etc etc...aint easy gurrrrl!!!!
planning my trip (looking for the best deals) esp d internal flights after touchin down cos am going up up up North to Minnesota.

Good morning folks.
The Raphoo family had a successful and smooth flight to New York yesterday @ 21:12 gmt.
We are most grateful for the support and guidance.
I am always with this forum till the 100% success goal is achieved and even beyond.
Good luck to all those waiting for 2nl, visa pick ups, interviews and flights.
God be with us all

Thanks gh50. Yes she included her kids but what is the best explanation that you think would be acceptable to the CO about why she did not include her husband after winning.

This is what the selectee page says:

Married applicants must obtain an original
marriage certificate, or a certified copy, bearing
the appropriate seal or stamp of the issuing
authority. Submit this to the U.S. Embassy or
Consulate at your interview.

so since her marriage is undocumented ie traditional she couldn't include her husband.

How come you didnt check/realise this?

looks really strange but funny enough its a name that I hardly use which I decided to add to my application.the co asked me whether I would be ready on Friday and I said yes so its all good.

Well, our God has done it again, Bro. do the necessary corrections and hopefully Friday it will be all over and done.Surely 100% success for December has been achieved by the mercies of God.We look forward to a similar success rate in the coming months.

Well, our God has done it again, Bro. do the necessary corrections and hopefully Friday it will be all over and done.Surely 100% success for December has been achieved by the mercies of God.We look forward to a similar success rate in the coming months.

Bro thanks,I just went for the corrected one so am ready for Friday. December to remember is 6/6,January are you readyyyyyyyyyyyy.but I have to officially hand over...lol.

It is well my bro, but did they collect ur passport? if so then i think, its visa collection on friday.

Hello everyone. I believe you are all doing well. I've been following this forum for some time now, not for my self though but for my sister who won this years dv lottery and also from Ghana. I asked her to join so that she would be able to get all the necessary help and also contribute but since she is delaying I'm doing this on her behalf.
First I would like to congratulate all members who have won so far and for all the support you guys have given to each other. My sis CN is 20xxx so i believe she is current and will soon receive her 2nd NL but there are some issues which I'm hoping my fellow bro's and sis can help with before her interview

1. She is a nurse with a university degree and currently working at a hospital. Should she use her school or work experience criteria?
2. She has 2 kids through a traditional marriage only so when filling the forms we filled it as single/never married (i believe) since she had no legal documentation or prove of her marriage - would this be a problem at the interview?
3. After we found out she won, we still did not include her husband on the forms since he has some issues with the Law and therefore suggested we shouldn't include him to prevent any future problems - how is this issue going to help or affect the case since they live happily together with their children?
Thanks everyone. God Bless

- 2014AF00020XXX

1. She's better off using the educational qualification category. Qualifying under work experience is a bit more complicated (and requires more evidence) than most people realize.

2. If your sister wishes to continue processing, she's better off not refering to the spouse as her 'husband' at the time of the interview. She could claim they were cohabiting, or lived together on and off, hence the two kids they have together. The husband would need to sign an affidavit confirming he's okay with her taking the kids to the US (I'm assuming his name is on their birth certificates). Without that, there's no way any CO will grant her the visas that would allow her to leave for the US with the kids since she does not have sole custody of them.

how is this issue going to help or affect the case since they live happily together with their children?

Of course, at the end of the day, if she's successful, the family will end up being separated for a considerable number of years as she will need to head off to the US with the kids before the visas expire. She may now sponsor him for his own GC, assuming they legalize their marriage, she will need to prove she's financially able to support him. But take note, sponsoring him (as a GC holder herself) may take anywhere between 2 to 4 years to get finalized. So are they willing to be separated for so long?

Of course, at the end of the day, if she's successful, the family will end up being separated for a considerable number of years as she will need to head off to the US with the kids before the visas expire. She may now sponsor him for his own GC, assuming they legalize their marriage, she will need to prove she's financially able to support him. But take note, sponsoring him (as a GC holder herself) may take anywhere between 2 to 4 years to get finalized. So are they willing to be separated for so long?[/QUOTE]

Sm1smom
Hhmm...not for so long since he would be able to visit them from time to time. He is currently not included in the process because of the legal issues he's facing.
But can she get that affidavit about her husband's willingness to allow her travel with the kids before she goes for the interview? Thank you.

Sm1smom
Hhmm...not for so long since he would be able to visit them from time to time. He is currently not included in the process because of the legal issues he's facing.
But can she get that affidavit about her husband's willingness to allow her travel with the kids before she goes for the interview? Thank you.

Does he currently have a B1/B2 or some other type of visa which enables him to visit the US or is the assumption about his ability to "visit them from time to time" based on his applying for the visitor's visa later on? If the response is yes to the second part of my question, what guarantee does he or the family have that the visa will be approved? Is he planning on applying for the visa as the spouse of a GC holder or as a single person with no ties to the US?

Getting the sworn affidavit is something your sister and her spouse have to work on, I have no way of knowing if she will be able to get it or not.

Guys i have just received my 2nd NL..my interview will be on 18th February,2014..

Last edited by a moderator: