• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

What a busy month.… actually more than a month.

Hi friends.

It has been long time since I visited this forum.

I was very busy by compiling personal matters. Resignation from my work place, clearance process,….so many procedures. I also took some time to pack things and to say bye to friends and families.

Thank God. I finally landed US through Washington Dulles international airport just today.

I used Ethiopian airlines. It has direct flight from Addis Ababa to Washington Dulles international airport through Rome.

As we arrived to Washington Dulles international airport, an Ethiopian guide led us (first time comers) to a line where first time comers show their passports and present their packages from the embassy. The immigration officers are very serious faced. NO smile at all. It was a bit strange. I thought it was only for me, but as I saw back to my followers, they received the same treatment. It may be because they spend the night there,…they might be tired.

Having passed the documentation check point, I passed to a security check point for my bags. I was asked if I have any meat related foods (kitfo, quanta,…) and raw vegetables. These two things are not allowed to enter US. Chicken is ok though.

I passed this point and then went to another window for second documentation check. They took my passport again and checked it thoroughly. Everything was okay. THEY ALLOWED ME TO ENTER USA.

I am now in my friend’s home. A bit tired.

See you.

Hi friends.

I was very busy by compiling personal matters. Resignation from my work place, clearance process,….so many procedures. I also took some time to pack things and to say bye to friends and families.

Thank God. I finally landed US through Washington Dulles international airport just today.

I used Ethiopian airlines. It has direct flight from Addis Ababa to Washington Dulles international airport through Rome.

As we arrived to Washington Dulles international airport, an Ethiopian guide led us (first time comers) to a line where first time comers show their passports and present their packages from the embassy. The immigration officers are very serious faced. NO smile at all. It was a bit strange. I thought it was only for me, but as I saw back to my followers, they received the same treatment. It may be because they spend the night there,…they might be tired.

Having passed the documentation check point, I passed to a security check point for my bags. I was asked if I have any meat related foods (kitfo, quanta,…) and raw vegetables. These two things are not allowed to enter US. Chicken is ok though.

I passed this point and then went to another window for second documentation check. They took my passport again and checked it thoroughly. Everything was okay. THEY ALLOWED ME TO ENTER USA.

See you.

Good to hear you travelled well!! Enjoy!!

Hi friends.

See you.

Jet lag and stress! Rest well, and all the best for setting up your new life!

Unfortunately , my friend has changed job recently that I have only his passport copy and I-797A papers from previous petitions . I hope it would be okay . . .

He must an approved I-797A for his new job doesn't he? Is it like he doesn't have a copy of it? I suppose the previous I-797A will be acceptable, but if you can get the most recent one, then get it. Of course we're all aware that no past selectee interviewing at your embassy has come back to report about a request for an affidavit, but if you're preparing one, then you want to ensure you dot your i's and cross your t's.

Hi friends.

See you.
@God-Is-Love good to hear from you. We really missed you here in the forum. Wish you a very good and productive time in USA.

sorry for being late to announce the acceptance of 2NL; interview is on june 01; by the way I am planning to translate birth certificate at a place near stadium(A.A): u can share us if u fellow winners have experience with this regard
congra @abi328 , by the way is not possible to arrange birthday certificate from kebele ?

hi all, I have been following blogs posted on this site for a long time and it is really a very interesting and helpful site.First off I want to congratulate for all dv-2015 winners specially for those who already got their visa. I received my 2nl two days ago and from now onwards I want to be a participant of this site,.

do I really need to authenticate birth certificate at MOFA b/c I met 3 visa approved people who did not authenticate it at MOFA

hi all, I have been following blogs posted on this site for a long time and it is really a very interesting and helpful site.First off I want to congratulate for all dv-2015 winners specially for those who already got their visa. I received my 2nl two days ago and from now onwards I want to be a participant of this site,.
Welcome @sihamey. Congra for the 2NL. Try to compile your documents preparation as early as possible. Good luck

it is very much possible but the question is do I really need to authenticate
birth certificate at MOFA b/c I met
3 visa approved people who did
not authenticate it at MOFA
Emmmm....I haven't seen anybody in this forum who went for interview without authenticated birth certificate. You are telling us a new experience. That is good.
But one thing we need to know is, over preparation is much better than saving some money and time for authentication. If the CO suspects something on your birthday certificate, he/she may think the certificate is not genuine. Authentication may help to minimize such issues.

Hi friends.

See you.
Wow God-Is-Love, it is nice to hear from you and you arrived safely. As usual you share to us your expriance at the POE. Thank you very much. and Good luck for your new life there. Pray for us to join you!!!

Welcome Sihamey to the group. Please edit your signature so that we can see when will be your interview date and also the status of your process.