• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Make sure you check that you don't need a transit visa for Germany. Good luck on your trip!
thanks @Tew , but i didn't understand what ' transit visa for Germany ' mean, our ticket says we will have 2hrs stopover at frankfurt , is our stopover related with transit visa ?
thanks in advance @Tew

thanks @Tew , but i didn't understand what ' transit visa for Germany ' mean, our ticket says we will have 2hrs stopover at frankfurt , is our stopover related with transit visa ?
thanks in advance @Tew

Generally Ethiopians would need a transit visa for the stopover in Germany, but because you will have a valid US visa, you won't.
http://www.germany-visa.org/airport-transit-visa/

Edit: green card holders also do not need transit visas, FYI for return visits !!

Point of correction on this: there's no limit to how the amount of cash a person can bring into the U.S. Bringing in $10,000 or more just means more paper work:

There is no limit on the amount of money that can be taken out of or brought into the United States. However, if a person or persons traveling together and filing a joint declaration (CBP Form 6059-B) have $10,000 or more in currency or negotiable monetary instruments, they must fill out a "Report of International Transportation of Currency and Monetary Instruments" FinCEN 105 (former CF 4790).
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/195/~/currency-/-monetary-instruments---amount-that-can-be-brought-into-or-leave-the
Good clarification theatre mom and Susie.
Last year, a friend who imports machinery and parts decided to carry cash in his hand luggage.
He had to do quite a bit of explaining at the POE including an e-mail from his bank showing the withdrawal and they advised him to be wiring money above 10k to avoid such doubts.
I also recall someone somewhere in this forum saying that if they packed good money in a backpack, she would be feeling as if every one can see it and that happens.
@rolex, you seem to have arranged for 10k usd and maybe this is unlikely to invite any inquiries at POE.This is all about encouraging you and your family not to carry all your money in cash, combine this with another mode as well but that is if you can. We had this discussion earlier on in this thread and it helped me make prior arrangements even though I was taking a gamble as we were yet to be approved.

Actually I have said I wouldn't TRAVEL with large amounts of cash - but given the banking restrictions you endure - you probably don't have much choice.
And as Few decried, reimbursement at a bad exchange rate from brothers and sisters who play host?

Actually I have said I wouldn't TRAVEL with large amounts of cash - but given the banking restrictions you endure - you probably don't have much choice.
And as Tew decried, reimbursement at a bad exchange rate from brothers and sisters who play host?

Hi @Fikir12, hope the week will be bright for you as it advances. Regarding your questions:
- I don't think it is good idea to talk about editing your DS260 at this point in time. Simply go with both passports for the interview. Normally, they will take care of all the necessary changes during the interview as long as they are sure you are the same person.
- For the medical, we did our check up at ST. YARED. It was a very simple process. We did all the laboratory and x-ray check up the first day we went, we were then given an appointment (after two days I think) to see the Doctor and to have a physical check up, to listen to the overall result from the Doctor and for vaccination. We then received a piece of confirmation paper and that is all. As they know when to send and what to do, you have nothing to worry after that.
Good Luck.
Dear MB1xxx,
Thank you very much for your information. That is nice to hear that the medical at Yared will not take long time. I thought it will take much longer time, that is what people who took the test at IOM were saying (If I am correctly undrstood them). Anyways, our plan is to go to ST. Yared which is much closer for us than the IOM.
Bytheway, I have sent to you a private message. I think you didn't see it. Please check your inbox.

Hello my people I have arrived to USA on Tuesday Poe JFK New York ' it took less than 10 minute to clear customs and complete every thing , they were actually interested on the Berbere and doro wet than my passport "am so touched to hear what happened Amlak yitbken , amen "

Hello my people I have arrived to USA on Tuesday Poe JFK New York ' it took less than 10 minute to clear customs and complete every thing , they were actually interested on the Berbere and doro wet than my passport "am so touched to hear what happened Amlak yitbken , amen "

That's good. Welcome home!

that is great we hear from u next
have a good time

Glad you landed safely , try to look for God-is-Love.

Dear @MB1xxx , @ZGREAT
I need your kind advice on USCIS ELIS payment process .
I have already set up my account properly and it is activated , and after i fill up all the necessarily information my family after MAKE A REQUEST PAYMENT step, i inform our host to log in and proceed with the remaining steps he found that what i fill up of our family Alien number , Dos numbers and bio data was not saved.
How i am going to save the datas, or is it mandatory to procced the payment process after filling up our necessary datas?
Thanks

dear @MB1xxx
I need your kind advice on this , after the screen shot I have attached here with , I clicked log out, and when my host tries to access my account to finalize the steps of paying process all the information I filled up ( last name, first name, A number, DOS case number, date & place of birth ) did not saved, how I am I going to save and inform our host to finalize the process , or is it must to provide necessary information and proceed with the payment right away?
thanks in advance
screen shot
upload_2015-4-24_15-41-28.png

Happy you arrived safely. Good luck in your settelment there!!! Don't forget to pray for us to have a positive outcome!!!

Guys, do you think 2NL will be sent tonight? At what time normally will start to send the letter, considering the time difference? I am refreshing my email and also checking the eDV sight every 5 minuts .-)