• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hey friends...My family got the visa. My wife was the main applicant. The esiest process I can imagine. I think it is harder to prepare for the documents. The interview is just to check if you are real ...no big deal. The dv interview is very easy.

Yup.

Congratulations!

Hey friends...My family got the visa. My wife was the main applicant. The esiest process I can imagine. I think it is harder to prepare for the documents. The interview is just to check if you are real ...no big deal. The dv interview is very easy.
Wow. Congra @GodisGreat. Thanks for sharing Good news on the first date of December

congra godisgreat, I am happy for u, hope u share us ur interview experience very soon.

@rolex123,

We do not provide nor encourage members to provide information to others on how to fraudulently obtain visas in this forum. Your postings have therefore been marked as inappropriate and deleted. Please be warned as subsequent such postings will lead to a ban.
warning accepted @Sim1smom , but I am not a kind of a person to provide miss information for obtaining visa, it was the way I do understood the post, and sorry! hope apology also accepted from ur side.

thanks

Congrats GodisGreat!!!That is really great to know so far Ethiopian forum memebrs are getting the visa. Keep it Up memebers!!!!

What was the time of your interview is that lunch time or morning! Mine is December 4 (12:30pm) wish me luck!!

What was the time of your interview is that lunch time or morning! Mine is December 4 (12:30pm) wish me luck!!
wish u luck @q boss , and it is very good to cross check the interview time and when u will be at the embassy gate , most people said u should be present morning to give the document and return at 12:30 pm for the interview , try to check ur's get prepared well for the interview and god be wiz u , hope u will come up with the good new next Thursday .

warning accepted @Sim1smom , but I am not a kind of a person to provide miss information for obtaining visa, it was the way I do understood the post, and sorry! hope apology also accepted from ur side.

thanks

Yes it did occur to me that you might have misunderstood the post, however telling people (not necessarily @ethSelam), who tried to cheat the system/process all in the name of doubling their chances, where and how to go about getting a fake document to prove their fake marital status is teaching them how to fraudulently obtain a visa. Anyway, apology accepted.

wish u luck @q boss , and it is very good to cross check the interview time and when u will be at the embassy gate , most people said u should be present morning to give the document and return at 12:30 pm for the interview , try to check ur's get prepared well for the interview and god be wiz u , hope u will come up with the good new next Thursday .
Thanks a lot I will inform u soon as possible..thanks again

Hey friends...My family got the visa. My wife was the main applicant. The esiest process I can imagine. I think it is harder to prepare for the documents. The interview is just to check if you are real ...no big deal. The dv interview is very easy.[/QUOTE,
glad you got approved

Dear Rolex, do you think @q boss should go to the embassy in the morning while his appointment time is 12:30 PM (mid day)? All experiences shared in this thread had been scheduled at 8:00 AM (morning time), and they went to the embassy in the morning (for document submission) and in the afternoon again (for actual interview).
Appointment in the afternoon for dv case is something new for me, and @q boss is the first. I hope @q boss will share us how it is going to be processed (document submission and actual interview).
Good luck @q boss

Our interview was scheduled for 6:30pm and we have arrived like 6:15pm.
...There is a security check where they see your passports and kebele id.
...You enter into a hall where you find two people...ladies in our case...to give you a paper showing lists of expected documents to be submitted. Just in the order of the listed items in the paper you have to prepare your original and copy documents. Submit your documents to those two people.

...There are alit of seats for you to wait till your name is called to appear infront of one of the some what 15 windows...eg Abebe Kebede at window 3.
...You appear and they asked us if this is our first marriage and if we have lived out of Ethiopia for more than a year. I replied yes and already have submitted my police certificate clearance which I got from the embassy of the country I had lived. They asked us both my wife and me to give our finger print right and left hand the four without thumb. They asked us to pay for the main applicant by issuing some paper and we paid just at the corner of window 2.
...Now we sit and wait for our name to be called for the real interview. We appeared and they asked for all of us to appear including kids and allowed the kids to go play.
...They asked my wife the main applicant where she attended higher education..what she has learnt...what is she doing now currently...if she has been ever go out of Ethiopia. They asked me the purpose of my stay out of Ethiopia. Through all these questions the us guy checks the documents and sorts the copy with the original. We have given finger print again.
...Finally they gave us paper to pay the rest fee and told us that it is approved.
...We have paid and hand us a paper to be faxed to our sponsor in us for the green card processing which he has to pay 160 dollar by credit card for each of us.
....They also gave us a yellow small paper with passport copy to register for dhl. Which we did infront of the embassy on the way home.
...They also gave my wife some paper of legal information on how to follow if any domestic violence she faces in the us. Which I immediately burn it when I reached home...I am kidding.

By the way... the order in which your name is called for interview highly depend on the time you submit your documents to the 2 ladies so better arrive early at the embassy.
....Sorry but the only authentication of the ministry of foreign affairs it asks is the educational documents of the main applicant

...There are alit of seats for you to wait till your name is called to appear infront of one of the some what 15 windows...eg Abebe Kebede at window 3.
...You appear and they asked us if this is our first marriage and if we have lived out of Ethiopia for more than a year. I replied yes and already have submitted my police certificate clearance which I got from the embassy of the country I had lived. They asked us both my wife and me to give our finger print right and left hand the four without thumb. They asked us to pay for the main applicant by issuing some paper and we paid just at the corner of window 2.
...Now we sit and wait for our name to be called for the real interview. We appeared and they asked for all of us to appear including kids and allowed the kids to go play.
...They asked my wife the main applicant where she attended higher education..what she has learnt...what is she doing now currently...if she has been ever go out of Ethiopia. They asked me the purpose of my stay out of Ethiopia. Through all these questions the us guy checks the documents and sorts the copy with the original. We have given finger print again.
...Finally they gave us paper to pay the rest fee and told us that it is approved.
...We have paid and hand us a paper to be faxed to our sponsor in us for the green card processing which he has to pay 160 dollar by credit card for each of us.
....They also gave us a yellow small paper with passport copy to register for dhl. Which we did infront of the embassy on the way home.
...They also gave my wife some paper of legal information on how to follow if any domestic violence she faces in the us. Which I immediately burn it when I reached home...I am kidding.
Congratulation again @GodisGreat. Very nice narration.