• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

@God-Is-Love Thank you for reminding me the DHL and other issues. My birth cert. is obtained from a regional office and the form which is used here is a bit different, in deed, as you have said, the form cotains both Amharic & English languages but there is only one line to write the response, and they use that line for Amharic. That is why i translated the birth cert.

Dear all
I just called KCC right now, and ask the lady the status of my case number,
She said 'this case number is on a process for interview '
and i ask her ' you mean my process is not yet finalized ? i am current for april '
she said ' ya your case is current for april and it is under process for interview '
i ask 'am not going to be interviewed in the month of april ?
she said ' no your interview will be in april but it is still under process and check your mail next week frequently '
i said thanks
She said ' your most wel come '
i think my interview will be in april inspit of my passport update.
Prey
Me too, i called KCC yesterday and they replied me the same, She tole me to wait for max 1 week and i'll get 2nd NL to my e-mail......
Ohh. That's great. Congra.
But it should be hard time for KCC if they got many calls about cases.

hey everyone, i am so happy to b member of this group, my interview date is on march 3, i have 1 quation do i have to autenticate my degree(tempo)?

rolex, when did u update ur passport info on ds260? i didnt enter passport information on ds260 filled on may as my campus schedule made me busy to have passport at that time, and eventhough i have it now, i didnt want to unlock ds260 to enter passport info. for fear of delayed 2NL as my case likely become current on next visa bulletin. Anyhow i am trying to be optimist on the chance of ds260 being rejected merely due to absence of passport info.
dear @abi328 , i made on october 19, request for the unlock on oct 17.
actually i had the passort which was experied last septemer and i have already filled it when i submitted ds-260 for the first time back in may 25

Hi all new girl in the house and i ve some question to ask, when i access the DS260 form its says this
"Before we can process your Diversity Visa application, each applicant in your case must complete Form DS-260, the Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application. To access the online form, click on the link to the right of an applicant's name below, under the "IV Application" heading." what does this mean? my form is not processed yet? my CN is 27*** and can you estimate when i can be current.

BTW thank you so much for all the information u r sharing here it really is a lot.

hey everyone, i am so happy to b member of this group, my interview date is on march 3, i have 1 quation do i have to autenticate my degree(tempo)?
No. You don't need to authenticate any document above secondary school certificate.
But you need to hold it when you go for your interview to show the CO in case you are asked.

Hi all new girl in the house and i ve some question to ask, when i access the DS260 form its says this
"Before we can process your Diversity Visa application, each applicant in your case must complete Form DS-260, the Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application. To access the online form, click on the link to the right of an applicant's name below, under the "IV Application" heading." what does this mean? my form is not processed yet? my CN is 27*** and can you estimate when i can be current.

BTW thank you so much for all the information u r sharing here it really is a lot.
welcome new girl.
Some points need to be cleared, are you single applicant or with derivative/s? Do you have DS 260 submission confirmation paper?

@God-Is-Love,
ere I'm single applicant and don't have
any derivatives traveling with me and
yes I do have confirmation paper but one
time I did check the form by entering my
case number but did not change
anything is this means my form has
been unlocked since ?? I.don't
understand

@God-Is-Love,
understand
If you correctly submitted your form, and if you have a submission confirmation paper, your DS260 'status' in front of your name should say 'completed', and your form should be inactive, i.e. it doesn't allow you to edit anything. Is that right in your case.

God-Is-Love, yes the DS260 'status' in front of my name indeed says completed and I didn't try to edit but why did it says "before we process..." is it normal for everyone or what is their reason to ask for derivatives when my form says I'm single

God-Is-Love, yes the DS260 'status' in front of my name indeed says completed and I didn't try to edit but why did it says "before we process..." is it normal for everyone or what is their reason to ask for derivatives when my form says I'm single
if your 'status' says 'completed' and if you have confirmation paper at hand, you don't have to worry. The form is developed for global use, i.e. for all single and family applicants. It is normal if it has common instructions that work for all applicants.
But, if you want to know specific information about your case, you can email KCC. They will tell you that your case is either under processing or it is already processed.

@God-Is-Love,
understand

If your eDV registration had only you listed (with no spouse and/or kids listed), and you've already gone ahead and done a successful submission of your DS-260 form evidenced by the submission confirmation page which you should have printed and the word "completed" as your status, then there's nothing to worry about, just like @God-Is-Love has already explained.

By the way, I'm not Simon - you left a message on my profile page for "Simon". Also, there's no need leaving messages on people's profiles, post your message in the forum and wait for a response. Posting on our profile page doesn't necessarily guarantee a response.

@Sm1smom, sorry it was an honest mistake to post on ur profile was trying to get familiar how to use the forum it won't happen again in the mean time thank u for the advice and again I did check the Ds form today and it says that I can edit and submit the form which confuse me more how does this happen when I have submitted the form on July

@Sm1smom, sorry it was an honest mistake to post on ur profile was trying to get familiar how to use the forum it won't happen again in the mean time thank u for the advice and again I did check the Ds form today and it says that I can edit and submit the form which confuse me more how does this happen when I have submitted the form on July
@the251 , i checked mine right now it is not active except for review , but which place it says 'edit and submit' i did the unlock before back in october but right after the update and re-sumit it is automatically in active for edit except to review.

@rolex123, so what do u think I should do?
It looks strange. If you submitted your form in July and if you never requested KCC for unlocking, your form should be inactive. That means, if you want to change some informations in the form, lets say the name of your host, the system shouldn't allow you to do so. You can not delete/add informations.
If you still can edit informations in your form, your form is not submitted.
But if you are talking about opening your account and viewing informations, but still inactive for edit, it is ok. Don't worry.

If you form is still editable and the submit button is equally active, then I'm not quite sure you actually submitted your form like you're thinking. But then I could be wrong, I'm not quite certain as I never got to use the DS260 form personally. I also can't quite figure out @rolex123's response above, so I hope someone one else who's yet to become current or interviewed can chip in and say what their form currently looks like.